SOLVED Analog gauge questions

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by toebee, Sep 14, 2016.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

I am trying to make sense of the analog gauge documentation. I must be misunderstanding it. Is there anyone that can help explain the correct way to figure out your beginning and ending angles? For an example I attached an image of my water temp gauge and an overlay of how I expect it to work. The yellow numbers show the rotation degrees. The green line is my beginning angle, the red is my ending angle. So the watertemprange line should look something like this.

WaterTempRange=(37, 129, 195, 115) //(<minvalue>, <maxvalue>, <beginangle>, <endangle>)

However that doesn't even look close when I test it in game. Any help would be much appreciated. I feel like I have wasted a ton a time on trying to figure this out. Couldn't find anything via google or forum.

Image4.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks for the link. It seems to confirm what I thought. Unless I am just misinterpreting.

I believe that is what I am doing, but it's not working.

4. dylbie

dylbie Registered

0 degrees is East. If that makes sense. So 90 degrees is North. 180 is West. 270 is South.

Try the 3rd and 4th value as 255, 335. That should work.

EDIT: Just read that Wiki, and it's wrong. Is that an official ISI one?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2016
  5. toebee

toebee Registered

Thank you for that. I don't think I would have ever figured that out on my own. It's not entirly correct but I suspect thats because the gauge isn't linear. I'll have to play with the nonlinear settings. However I tested on the tachometer and it works like you said.

degrees-360.gif