Simtek GT3 World Series mod released!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by TheGrunt, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well Apex is doing all new models from scratch. Few of them are almost finished 3D wise. Physics are next to be done. :)

2. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Can you show more clearly it contains ripped content ?
    It is not the first time a mod(der) faces these kind of allegations, sometimes for real sometimes not. For someone who knows nothing in modding it is impossible to recognize. So, I don't know, maybe post what makes you believe it is a copy of an other content ? Better than a million words.

3. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

I'm a bit confused here. I thought APEX collaborate with Simtek and use some of their 3d models? And wasn't the APEX mod to arrive in this week as well?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Who told you that nonsense?

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

We dont do content that others do if you might noticed that. GT3 cars were mostly done by game dev or modders since gtr2 release so we keept away from doing this work on our own. We did the mclaren only as part of our job at Kunos. There are many conversions of GT3 cars in last years, here and there somebody did something scratch to fill the grid or APEX doing full scratch work so no need for URD doing it.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

I think he just mixed up. APEX is working with another team doing pCars mod or so, the shadowworks.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Yup. I guess so that's what he thought. I hope Yoss didn't see his post. It might have given him heart attack. xD

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Apex are doing a scratch Bentley and Audi which I think they said might be released in September. They also showed off scratch AMG, BMW, Nissan GT3.

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Apex GT3 Mod is made from scratch Camaro and Nissan use the ISI 3d model with GT3 physics . Audi R8 and BMW M6 use shadowworks model.
    Apex and Shadowworks agreed to collaborate.

10. Placido

Placido Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign, your mod ( 3ds, physics and sonds ) is 100% original ??

11. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes and those few minor things like driver or some of our first physics files as base and so on were asked for permission at ISI for example or Kunos.
    I think few generic sounds-permission asked.

12. Placido

Placido Registered

ok so it's not 100% original

and where are the credits to the original authors of the content copied

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2016
  13. UnitedRacingDesign

Generic sounds or driver are beeing used by all, even ISI, just becase clio is using some sounds same as indycar or c6r its 100%. Generic sounds are those that are mostly a base for few things. Physics we have redone twice now allready from scratch. And we used like 2-3 textures and were done new after few months in update 2 years ago.
    So its a different what you aim now by 100% and what not.

14. Jorge Cabrita

Jorge Cabrita Registered

Hi guys, this thread was brought to my attention and, for the first time, since I'm in sim racing, I'm goig to comment. It's just that I have to.
    Have a lot of respect obviously for modders, in fact, probably I am the only guy, in terms of media projects, who actually does respect and promote modders, even those who created this thread (in fact I don't have any doubts that those who created this thread know that I respect them).

This being said, I'm not going to comment on the issue of ripping content, and therefore I am not going to accuse or deffend anyone. I know for a fact that Simtek worked for a long time in this content. Know for a fact that they are talented. Know for a fact that they're talent as not been underestimated by brands, also sim brands. And I just stated what I know for a fact. What I don't know for a fact: If the content was ripped, if part of the content was ripped, if a tiny or huge part of the content was ripped. One thing I also know for a fact is that the Camaro is the one from ISI, but with physics tweaked. In fact, if any of you (active in this thread) are part of the (till today) more than 3000 viewers of one of the videos OWTV published about this mod, it is mentioned there that the Camaro is from ISI.

I once again call your attention to say that I am, most of all, a fan of sim racing. Am a fan of all those who invest their time in sim racing, no matter if it is to create content for free or paid content.

So, I'm not gonna judge if the content is made from scratch or ripped, or if parts of the content are from other people.

My opinion is just this. I know for a fact that the mod is being released for free. So, my question is. Are we really judging someone for not investing time in creating content (no matter how much that costs in time and money), when that content is to give to the community? Are we really doing that? Are we really judging people for, supposedly, not creating a mod from scratch, to giveaway? Are we really that stingy? Do we really demand that people, to give us away content, must commit to fully invest and develop it from scracth? Really? Do we really expect people to be so kind, and stupid? From what planet are we arriving? Or is this because it's damn good content and we cannot find anything to criticise in this content?

So, all the cars are from others sims. Yeah? Well, I don't have the technical skills to comment on that, but is the content from those sims all purely original? I'm wondering about that.

It's really strange how some people are so swift trying to kill someone on supposed issues. Really strange. If people are so sure that this guy from Simtek is copying from others, my question is? Why don't they prove? Not that he is trying to get money from someone with his work, which makes these critics even more strange, but if he is in fact robbing so many people (probably we should call him Robin Hood, since he is robbing from others to giveaway), but it would be really nice to see factual evidence of that.

Appologies for my long comment, but I would really like to see my questions, or my quest, answered here. Thank you guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2016
  15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

The amount of apologetic sentences are way too high. I can't fathom how much you want to whiten his "sins" and yours for promoting him.

This, right here, should be reason enough for anyone to stop watching what you say.

16. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

@Jorge,

If you use something in a mod that isn't yours. Tell and inform people about it what you did and didn't create.
    Asking permission isn't that hard to do.
    And if you can't, don't get an answer or don't want to ask permission. Atleast have the decency to give credits to what is not yours.

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Ouch, Jorge...

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

The official rfactor2 Twitter account has retweeted someone saying how brilliant the simtek mod is

What does that tell you?

19. lukilord1

lukilord1 Registered

That is called advertising for their own product.

Gesendet von meinem LG-K520 mit Tapatalk

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

There is pretty hard evidence around already, I'd say.