RF2 tyres

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Angus94, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

ive been putting this off ever since RF2 came out, mainly out of fear of not knowing what to do, ive read over most of the literature but still dont quite understand whats required.........to make tyres for RF2. my mod is DragFactor and i have started several times to get the mod into RF2 but the stumbling block is the tyre model.

can someone please fill me in on what is actually required to get them working.

ive heard the tyres need an inner tube and that all 4 wheels need to be the same size, apart from that i really have no idea where to start.

cheers

2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

3. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

im not going there, this is what drove me away last time i tried, bombarded with data i had no way of understanding. besides i think i have a lot more work to do before i get to this stage, like how do i actually construct the tyre etc etc

but thank you very much for the post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's understandably daunting, but constructing the tyre is what's being talked about. A large part of constructing a tyre is working on its cross sectional geometry, which that guide describes. This will inevitably result in a lot of numbers, because they define the tyre shape and construction (which you need, and need to get quite close; fine-tuning those, and tweaking the Realtime parameters, can come later).

5. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

but i dont even have the 3d model made yet, and that is pretty much the info i need to start with, then i can apply all the data that is on that page

6. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

I think the first thing you must do is achieve a tyre (a TGM file) with the size you need. If you don't find it anywhere you must do it yourself modifying 'nodes' geometry on your tgm file. Nodes are "points" which define the shape and size.
    Do the best shape possible to guarantee a uniform contact surface and taking in account most frequent loads over the tyre.
    At every node you can also redefine materials of rubber and reinforcements, which also have an impact on tyre stiffness and footprint.
    TBC file must use same rim and tyre radius as TGM file to work perfect.

You can preview your tyre behavior on the 'tyre tool', doing deflection tests at different conditions. If you are happy you run the tyre tool automated tests to build your new tyre. Depending on patch model and render quality you can have a new test tyre ready to use in 1 hour or 15hours (or more).

7. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

by the way, you don't need to make all tyres the same size at all!!

8. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

so you dont see any problems with wheel sizes like this...

[​IMG]

9. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Of course not. Every tyre can be different. ISI's Indy includes a tyre choice with 2 different rear tyres.

10. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

hmm well thats promising news