JOB VACANCY (Virtual Racer)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harruman, Aug 8, 2016.

1. harruman

harruman Registered

Needed immediately, 1-3 Professional Sim Race Driver (Virtual Racer Professional) to follow prestigious international racing simulation championship. Further information can directly contact me via FB Message: https://www.facebook.com/harruman .

"Drivers will be paid as appreciation for performance."

Requirements and Obligations:

1. Willing to abide by team rules.
    2. Willing to follow the team's practice schedule.
    3. Candidates must follow the racers test, skill, mental, physical, hardware-software readiness, and others.
    4. Mandatory know the basics of the theory of car racing.
    5. Mandatory has rFactor 2 (lifetime subscription).
    6. Familiar with rFactor or rFactor 2.
    7. Having high dedication in motorsports world.
    8. Not having severe disease both physical and psychological. (Don't get me wrong guys, i mean physical disease is not about dissabilities or different abilities, but about infectious diseases)

Regards,

Team Manager.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
  2. Promag

Promag Registered

Isn't this post a direct violation of the 1992 disabilities act

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

9. Cannot be blind in one eye.
    10. Must have both feet.
    11. Prosthetic limbs allowed as long as they don't impede performance.
    12. Must like Elvis songs and be willing to take part in Seasonal Skype Karaoke Sessions.

seriously #8 - how pathetic and potentially lawsuit inviting is that?!

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I guess its about serious e-sports.
    As a simracer who has mental disadvantages due to psychological problems (cant concentrate for too long as a consequence of that)
    I can imagine that something like this is NOT wanted/usefull for this kind of sport (like for any other kind of sports)!

So this are comprehensible attributes you have to look at in motorsports as well as in e-motorsports!
    Kudos to him to speak things like that out! Very important in any serious/international sports!!!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So assuming someone's sitting there, reads the title, comes in because they're interested, and starts going through the list...

Yep... yep... absolutely... uh huh... wow, this sounds just like me... oh man, I'm going to apply for this... oh, what?! Dang, #8 just ruled me out!

What 'condition' does that person identify in themselves to pull the pin? I'm honestly struggling to work it out.

7. Eddy

Eddy Registered

They say he takes Castroil ;) for breakfast and we don't know nothing about his psychological state but we do know he can race.

[​IMG]

8. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Depends on what country you are from probably.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

So Nicholas Hamilton wouldn't get a drive then? That's discrimination, that's what the first post is.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe the topic starter put it a bit harsh, but there is a point to it. I mean; I didn't see Stevie Wonder getting a F1 seat.....
    And that was not because he wanted to much money :)

There are more jobs requiring special things; if I want to be a bookkeeper, I have to be able to calculate. I don't know the word for not being able to do that (in Dutch; dyscalculie) but if I had that "illness" (can't come up with the proper word, but you get my drift) I could not do that job, right?

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

How over-sensitive some people can be is astounding, over things which are normally not so plainly written but very often considered, ah well, gotta get in santa's 'has been good this year' list I guess...

What's next, people being offended because they won't accept controller drivers or single screen users? That's the only thing people seem to be nowadays, either angry or offended at/by something!

I want to be a racedriver but can't freaking drive, they declined my application, DISCRIMINATION!!!111

Once at a job fair I wanted information about being a jet fighter pilot. They said I'd never be one, why? I wore glasses. Ouch!

Yeah right, next thing you'll play the black card :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  12. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

They said that to me too. Not because I wear glasses but because I'm too stupid for the job.

Btw, does being addicted to simracing count as a serious psychological illness?

13. Promag

Promag Registered

Yes I realize that but ISI is an American based co. so I figured this forum was under that jurisdiction. The posting is just plain wrong and discriminatory.

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

They are posting a job offer and clearly state what they look for in the applicant, and how he/she in their views, is fit for the job. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If you were perfectly fit for the job, applied, then get refused with the reason, 'you're pregnant','lol you're an arab','we hate your face' etc. THAT is the moment
    you can get angry or frustrated, IF you are the person which is refused despite being perfectly qualified for the job.

15. Promag

Promag Registered

You have proven by your statement the lack of understanding the history of this type of discrimination.

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Some people here,- just LOL!

"We can´t take you as a racing-driver. You are too slow!"
    Promag:"DISCRIMINATION!!! I GO TO COURT!!"

LOL

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Don't be silly now, I made a valid point about a car racer who would not get this job because of the massive discrimination posted in the job description, you obviously (reading your posts here) fail to see how bad this job description actually is. If it were posted in the UK it would be liable to prosecution within minutes, you simply cannot advertise like that, it is immensely disrespectful and discriminatory to a large number of people.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah laughing at you, if you can't understand don't defend it :)

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Whoever you are or think you are, when you don't fit the job description, you don't get the job. How unfair or discriminatory that one may seem to be. Mind you, my girlfriend got discriminated by something trivial as age, with 25, she was deemed
    too old. However, looking at the ad, they clearly stated they wanted applicants between 16-20. What are you going to do, stamp your feet? You didn't meet their description, end of story.

Maybe I don't understand it, I do know I see nothing out of the ordinary.. Again, that it is written now, hardly makes a difference, when you take those same things (when unwritten) into account when hiring someone or not. For example,
    even when you don't include the line 'no autistic people', that can still be the reason you don't hire someone, obviously this happens. When confronted, the answer will be, 'he/she didn't fit the team', easy way out.
    It happens, mostly for a reason, now it's out in the open, people are suddenly angry for others..

20. Promag

Promag Registered

He didn't say too slow, if he would have said that, no problem. He said mental and physical disabilities. It's not funny. Statements like this is why, unfortunately, we have to make laws.