Random scripted weather?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 4, 2016.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Since real road only works on scripted weather, is there a plug-in or mod that generates random scripted weather? Like just click a button and it generates a random weather script for all of your sessions in the race weekend.

Yes, I realize this is a super lazy request :D

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

IIRC Geralds amazing Weather Plug-in allowed you to select Weather but have it "hidden" so you essentially had no idea what was coming, not used that for years though so could be wrong, someone more clued up will know.

I've always longed for a simple Random option in game and apparently (going back a few years here!) it was in pre-beta before the proper Beta was released to the public.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, Gerald's Weather Plugin lets you hide the real weather data so you don't know in advance.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

So it's another feature that existed early on but later removed, together with windscreen rain effects, bloom, heat haze, self-shadowing trees, etc. Although you can still set rain chance percentage for each increment in-game, that will give you pseudo random weather at least.

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

in the dedi we already have 'random' tick box. Just check it :)

Paul McC likes this.
  6. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I had problems with Gerald's static (solo offline historical) weather tool after it changed to weatherunderground. The data I was getting from his tool was in conflict with the data I would get when I went into the weatherunderground site and manually entered the lookup info (the date, track, etc). So I wrote a simple one in python 3.5. It would require that python 3.5 be installed and that you have an API key (free) from weatherunderground. Since I wrote it for my own use, I have it do practice, qualifying and race in the same day, and I typically have practice at 0900, qualifying at 1200 and the race at 1500 or so. It builds a wet file for your track and does a couple of updates to player.json for the start time for PQR. If anyone is interested, I could post it here or PM it. Sharing is a good thing.

7. Ivan Baldo

Ivan Baldo Registered

Does it work?
    Because I tried it a week ago and it seemed to not work, we did like 4 races and the weather was the same in all 4; we didn't try to restart the dedicated server though, just restarted the weekend...
    Does anyone have any info on this?
    Thanks!!!

EViLSLuT and Paul McC like this.
  8. pitkin

pitkin Registered

It would be nice if you could set it to be 'semi random'.
    You could choose to have anywhere between clear and heavy cloud in the race but not have rain for example.

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I'd be very interested to hear any info on this little check box!

10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thanks!!!
    I'd be very interested to hear any info on this little check box!

11. EViLSLuT

EViLSLuT Registered

From my experience it doesn't do anything, tried it only about 100 times, weather is always the same 29 degrees and sunny.
    I'd like practice and quali to have this kind of weather, so people can have the same practice and qualification environment, but the race i would like to be as random as possible. It would also be nice if you could control weather from the game as admin. e.g. /weather random, /weather perfect and maybe other presets.

12. Pernosa

Pernosa Registered

I was going to ask the same thing, I see that it does not work correctly :(