[REL] Stock Car Resurrection 1971-1972 BETA May 1st 2017

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by toebee, Aug 3, 2016.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

Update 5/1/17
    Version 0.95 is out. Please read the changelog.

Intro
    Stock Car Resurrection 1971-1972 is a rFactor 2 mod that simulates American stock cars from the early 70’s. It currently has 6 makes 7 models and over 60 paint's/teams.

Credits
    Special thanks goes to MoparBob. It was his original brain child. He was responsible for acquiring the exterior models over the years. He Painted 99% of the cars. He was even able to speak with Dale Inman (Richard Petty’s crew chief) to help on some physics information. More thanks goes to ISI. The physics are based off of their 1974 Dissenter mod. I am also using a few things from their 2015 stock car mod (sounds, shifter boot model, etc..). Lastly thanks Studio 397 for the new support.

Physics and Driving Technique
    These are big heavy rear wheel drive cars. With high horsepower engines, and very little down force. They use bias ply racing slicks which makes them challenging but rewarding to drive. Driving characteristics can be defined as tight/understeer on corner entry, and loose/oversteer on corner exit. Capable of reaching speeds of 200+ mph. Imagine the 1974 Dissenter mod with more horsepower, removed some downforce, added weight, and changed some of the garage adjustments. Added things like an adjustment for the front air dam and rear spoiler. Currently all of the cars use the same physics.

Racing Against the A.I.
    This mainly pertains to ovals but can carry over to road courses. I have spent a lot of time trying to make them better. However since these cars are larger, have less down force, less overall grip, all while having more power than most other cars on rfactor. This sometimes causes a problem if the tracks a.i. path was made to close to a wall, apron, grass edge, etc. Until I start putting out my own tracks or working with current track builders to add more a.i. lines there is only so much I can do. I do have plans to do so eventually. Check out Machine’s workshop for extra oval tracks.

Conclusion
    A few things to remember. This is my first rFactor 2 mod. I have enough knowledge to get by when it comes to RF2 modding (3d modelling, 2d textures, physics, track building, etc). However I am not an expert at any of it. This is just my hobby. Also this is a BETA. Which means you should expect somethings not to be right. Up to this point it has only lived on my computer. I am sure there will be unforeseen issues. If you would like to contribute with a good setup or a paint from a team that is missing feel free to message me. Lastly I have not made any LOD's yet. This might hurt the performance of your pc. They will come in a later update.

Have Fun!
    -Toby

Download
    Steam

Templates
    Google Drive
    Box

preview.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

That's a nice start! Good cockpits will go a long way towards making a fun mod.

3. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks. I agree!

4. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Those look great! I will look forward to this!:cool:

5. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Hi,

They're looking very promising.
    I would be happy to assist with testing & providing input.

Cheers :cool:

6. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

7. mmaruda

mmaruda Registered

That is all I could ever want from a mod. Praise be!

8. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

nice! look great! ;)

9. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

Hiya Toebee...! I am the painter my friend here mentioned. He's done a heckuva job getting it to this point. But just us two... Heh! Could use a little help. ;)

10. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

OMFG This will be an awesome mod.

11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

12. Cheeveer

Cheeveer Registered

This looks utterly fantastic! Though I don't think I could contribute with anything.

13. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks guys. Progress is slow but being made. Just finished some new collision models. They seem to be working well. Turning my focus to the interior next.

14. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I wish I knew something about modding to help you out. No one out here able to help this fella out.

15. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Bloody excellent mate keep it up will be keeping an eye on this one.
    One of my favourite era for stock cars :)

16. Highbank

Highbank Registered

MoparBob? THE MoparBob? WOW, sir this has been one long passion of yours, I've watched your involvement with this fantastic era for a very long time! I am thrilled to see it showing it's head again and in rF2! Just WOW! The work looks great, hope y'all are able to find the help needed to bring this one home! Keep after it ToBee!

17. MoparBob

MoparBob Registered

Still alive and kickin' ;)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  18. Highbank

Highbank Registered

Always nice to be on the green side of the grass...

19. Cheeveer

Cheeveer Registered

From every new screenshot I see of this, I'm very confidcent that this will be a high-quality add-on to rF2.

20. toebee

toebee Registered

Progress is still moving forward. I just added the first screen shot of the interior. I am probably about 50% done with the Monte Carlo interior. I wasted way to much time trying to troubleshoot a few things. Once it is finished I plan to use most of it to complete the other interiors. Should save some time.

https://goo.gl/photos/g1zjg5hciaZr9D1T9

MoparBob likes this.