Released Matsusaka Circuit v1.00 Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 17, 2016.

1. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thank You Woochoo & ISI! <3

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Everything about this track is phenomenol! Textures, night lights, details - incredible work! I'd love to see the night lighting implemented at other tracks, it looks stunning

3. philman

philman Registered

Many thanks for this masterpiece.

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

Great work, thanks. I got stutters too but turning circuit detail down sorted it out for me.

5. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Wow! Thanks guys!

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I just did an entire stint and it was great, how much you have to work with the steering with at this challenging track.

Thanks for all this.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Great Job :)

8. FatCity

FatCity Registered

great track!! see, for all those that wait, your prayers are answered lol. Now, when is the GT500 GTR in the video coming !!!......only kidding, I'll wait....:cool:

9. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for the compliments from those of you who are enjoying the track. I ended up putting far more effort into it than I or anyone else expected. And thanks to hexagramme for all his help with AIW and CAMs. And I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having some of the troubles that I had hoped we had smoothed out.

This track is a larger file than most others, so lowering detail levels might be needed here, even though it's not at other circuits. It's not so much that the track is un-optimised (there was a lot of time spent trialing and confirming/rejecting optimisations), the main issue is that it's just a big track in total, in terms of mesh and textures. On top of that, optimising for a high performance computer is not quite the same as optimising for a low performance computer, so of course I tried to make it look good on high performance systems, while actually sacrificing a little high performance to reduce the load on lower performance systems. I see some of you have lowered settings and have improved the performance for your systems, and that's great. For anyone who hasn't yet experimented with balancing the performance and details, or hasn't yet improved the performance enough, here is a quick little rundown of things to try:

The Circuit Detail levels are setup so that 'High' will only remove a small amount of detail for people who can almost run with 'Max' settings.
    'Medium' removes a bit more, and then 'Low' removes quite a lot.

If Medium or Low circuit details aren't improving performance enough, and if shadows, reflections, and soft particles have already been turned down, and the opponent detail has been lowered (or fewer AI loaded), then it might be necessary to lower the Player Detail and Texture Detail to High or Medium. It certainly won't look as nice, but it should improve performance.

Since this track is fairly large in terms of the amount of data, it may also be helpful to close any other unnecessarily open programs. During testing, one user reported that they could remove some intrusive stuttering by closing their internet browser. The circuit was very close to filling their performance resources, and with the browser in combination it was just enough to reach the total capacity the system. For that user, it made the difference between being able to run High and Max settings.

@Rony1984 - As for any interaction between mirrors and clouds, I've never seen or heard of that before. It might need someone more technical than myself to unpick what might be happening there. For what it's worth, the mirrors probably to contain a little more detail than some other circuits as well.

Hopefully some of those ideas can help improve the experience for those not yet getting the best out of the track :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you !!

11. SupermightyZ

SupermightyZ Registered

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

If you have performance issues with this track it means you need to upgrade; dont ruin amazing tracks for the rest of us :p

13. jonnyboy_99

jonnyboy_99 Registered

Thank you!

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Thank You Woochoo for the of the best racing tracks made to rF2, Suzuka is about elevations, turns and driving skill, well done track looks amazing :)

15. bwana

bwana Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Thank you Woochoo! Beautiful track even with circuit details on high. Good to see people pushing the boundaries further.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

If some of you have low FPS at GrandPrix layout, an alternative would be to use International layout. Its the same layout, but has higher FPS.

18. Magus

Magus Registered

Thank you Woochoo et al, just been running the Skips on the short west w/chicanes and it's a match made in heaven. :cool:

19. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Yes! Awesome job.

20. argo0

argo0 Registered

I'll try that. Well spotted, thanks.