rFactor 2 Build 1098 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

This has been called for since very early days. ISI have never seen fit to address the request.

2. Stevenking

Stevenking Registered

+1

3. bwana

bwana Registered

If you click and select a server, mod is displayed in info box at bottom, If servers are constructed properly you can see what mod in use.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I have no such info or box in my Steam Servers list. When you highlight a server, absolutely nothing happens other than it gets highlighted in anticipation of clicking "Connect."

If you right-click the server and select "View server info" you still get nothing more than is already shown in the default layout. There are options to add more columns of info--but not the vehicle. This presumably is because it is not present in rF2 direct matchmaker, either.

What am I missing?

5. Carbon

Carbon Registered

I'm also having the same problem as Eddy and Ruben

This has only happened for me in build 1098. The previous builds the settings stayed correct.
    Looking at the config.ini file in Steam/steamapps/common/rFactor2/UserData/ after exiting rFactor2, the leftview and rightview values are still correct. Only after lauching rFactor do the values change back to the default values

6. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I am hoping this is being worked on and the fix will come.
    I know isi are busy and are being asked bugged on a lot of things.

But there was no problem before so (i hope) something small got changed or edited and a quick easy fix will come. In the next update.

Ruben

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
  7. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

nobody else has seen this yet?

8. azade1992

azade1992 Registered

Hi. i have this problem , how can I resolve? please help me more! Thanks

9. stonec

stonec Registered

You can't change FOV and you will not get zoomed-in TV cams with custom triple screen parameters, AFAIK it has been like that always. Try and delete Config.ini and let rF2 regenerate the file, you probably have some custom settings still in there.

10. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi stonec, i know i cannot change FOV when "UseSubViewParams = 1", but i had it set to zero.

i deleted Config.ini and started up rf2, went into the car. i was able to use "ctrl + alt + Q" to change the tripple settings, TV cams don't zoom in, like it always was.
    then i stopped rf2 and set "UseSubViewParams = 0". started up rf2 and went into the car. i am NOT able to change FOV. i see in the textbox the value changes, but the view DOES NOT CHANGE. And the TV cams still don't zoom in. "ctrl + alt + Q" is also not available. so there seem something to be broken since last update!
    multiview is active.

11. snapperone

snapperone Registered

download problems

Hi , This all new to me with this forum.
    I have been able to get rfactor 1 working had issues with the G25 wheel but I downloaded a driver for windows 10 and it fixed it straight away.
    I am having a lot of problems with rfactor2 . When I click on the single helmet I am supposed to see MOD manager in a little grey box. Not to be seen at all, can some-one show me a picture of where it is please.
    Also I have been able to download some new tracks and cars. It comes up when you click on the open box top left. I do not know how to put them from there to my packages folder.
    Also when I look at doing an update for rfactor2 the download stops because of this error vstdlib_s64.dll.rfbz2.
    When I go into start game it says there is not mods so game will not start. Any ideas please.
    Snapper one Melbourne

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Do a steam-install. Looks easier for you.

13. endonesia

endonesia Registered

I will be glad when the AI are no longer listed as real players in matchmaker.

14. Magus

Magus Registered

I agree!!

15. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

It sure would be nice to know if you're picking a server with real racers or just AI bait before DLing a mass of content.

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi Christopher, don't know but this week all of a sudden there is a bezel correction set and a little angle for the side monitors. They are not the values i set so i still need to do the triple setup gizmo thingy every day but i thought i just report.

Again tried to make a fresh player json but the values i want/need still are not being remembered.

Hope this helps

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Hi Eddy,

I've tried many times to reproduce this and asked members of the Test Team running triples, so far no luck.

Can you tell me the path of your rF2 install? You can PM me it if you like.

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks for your response Christopher. Yes i will send you the path but atm i'm at work so that would be tonight.

19. Carbon

Carbon Registered

The angles that are displayed for me are all set at 15 degrees including the middle one. The location of the config.ini file is as above. I have also tried leaving the launcher runing rather than closing it like I usually do but this doesn't make a difference. Starting rfactor2 seems to be when the problem starts for me as checking the values in the config.ini file when rfactor is stopped confirms the values are as I set them.

20. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you send me your Config.ini so we can have a look. You can PM me it through the forum, just copy paste the text in the message body. Thanks :)