rFactor 2 Build 1098 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Noel`s Get Mod Manager don`t use rfcmp`s which you have in your package folder to GET URL. If you check GET URL with Mod Manager is it like this: "http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/getmod.php/"your account name". ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  2. TPG

TPG Registered

I'm not sure what your trying to say there, but thats what Noel's GetMod Manager does, it creates a URL path that includes the "http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/getmod.php/"your account name" and the Component Sig which points to your registered .rfcmps? ..anyways, I'm taking my questions to the GetMod Manager thread, there are several others reporting the same problem..

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yeah, I doubt that it's my end. It's been working fine before 1080.

See if you get the same result joining ! ! ! Scanyanucks... As of right now though the only thing that isn't "ISI-getmodded" is the Rouen (SJ's) track on that rotation, so it might not be the best example. But if you get the same DL speed in both Launcher and Steam server list, do tell us how you think that is.

Doing a similar test to yours... Getmod mgr says VLM Rouen 0.96 has been downloaded 24 times...
    Downloading / joining through Steam server list first. 21 seconds it took to download the 139,304 kb. And now it counts 25 times... So clearly it gets it from our dropbox.

So now... Launcher, join same server, of course deleted rFmod and track to re-download.
    First bar now loaded in the progress bar... 1 minute in
    Third piece of the progres bar 2 mins 18 secs
    Fourth piece... 3:23
    You can see where this goes, can't you? I'll skip to the end here... 22 mins and 12 seconds and it was done. Yahoo!
    Count remained on 25, so I guess the steam serverlist/ingame matchmaker get missing components button gets it from DB... The Launcher gets it from the packages folder, I've seen that for myself now?

@Lazza the server has components in packages and only packages. Nowhere else.

Any concrete suggestions? Could do a new folder in the rFactor2 dedicated folder called 2packages and browse to there on the modmanager? And then it should all be good?

4. TPG

TPG Registered

So, your saying that the Steam/View/Server matchmaker option will use GetModded links if available but using the Launcher will only look for Package folder content..that's interesting. I know you mentioned the Steam>View>Server in an earlier post but I wasn't sure what you were referring to until I took another look at the Steam UI and found the Steam matchmaker. I'll run a few tests and see what happens..Thx for the info.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Steam > View > Servers is like good ol' times :) Fast and snappy! I mean... 21 secs... compared to 22 minutes...

Steam > View > Servers - getmod om nom nom

6. TPG

TPG Registered

lol..Yes, I can confirm your findings, using the Steam>View>Servers option uses Noel's GetMod Manager links for downloads and DL Speeds are back to Normal..the Launcher option is bad news. Unfortunately most of us that have just transitioned to Steam most likely will by habit continue using the Launcher option..I didn't even know about the Steam matchmaker, never needed it. Thx again for continuing to test to find an answer to the mystery, I had already given up..:eek:

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I tested !!! Scanyanucks (Ping 169 ms) Rouen.
    Through Steam server list 48 secs.
    Through rF2 launcher, I waited 15 min and I could not see that game was downloading at all.

I am hosting few servers too and my servers have same download speed through steam server list and rF2 launcher. I have done this :"Could do a new folder in the rFactor2 dedicated folder called 2packages and browse to there on the modmanager?" If you like I can test your server again and let you know how it is working with solution above.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Is there anything multiplayer in particular that you cannot do via Steam? Because it seems pretty obvious for multiple reasons that we should all just give-up and go down that path. And if there is, getting it added to Steam would like be better than all the rest of this months-long saga with servers and connections.

9. Promag

Promag Registered

Even not being a fan of steam, I think this is a legitimate question worth discussing.:cool:

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Create new folder and move .rfcmp`s to that folder from package`s Folder and you have same download speed trough Steam Matchmaker and rFactor2 launcher is all it takes. I believe that ISI is going to fix this issue in next build.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 launcher browser is already using Steam matchmaker for fetching the server list, you'll notice it has exactly the same filters and same server count etc.

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Noel's GetMod Manager services seem to be down or not working. Getmod component list is loading slow.

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I will try this, thanks WS!

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi Christopher. Just want to report i'm experiencing the same issue. I run 5760*1080 resolution

15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I'm not able to reproduce this currently with the same resolution as those of you having this issue.

If it's not too much trouble, can one of you try backing up your config file and let it generate a new one next time you open rF2? You'll have to redo all of your triples settings, but this might be helpful to see if this is where the problem is coming from.

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

No it's not much trouble. I'm at work right now but i will do this tonight and report to you.

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thanks!

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi Christopher. I removed my player json and started the game. Set up muliview dimensions by using the ctrl/alt = gizmo and drove some laps. Closed the game and restarted. Started up a race and again angle for side screens is back to 0.000 and dimensions are back to default also.

Hope this helps to nail the problem. Because tbh it's a bit of a pita doing it again every day

If you need me to do something different to test please let me know.

19. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I also backed up my config file and deleted the old one
    then started up RF2 and redid my config
    1st settings in Config Fullscreen and Multiview
    Went on server did all my Settings Crlt = and did a few laps closed game and went back to server and all FOV settings back to default :-(
    closed game
    Went to config and setup multiveiw and Borderless this time but it is the same result after closing or leaving server it goes back to default FOV settings. :-(

Anything else I can try let me know.

Ruben

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered