rFactor 2 Build 1098 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I agree Euskotracks but my thougt was by reacting with my speculation and inviting devs to react if my assumption was right or wrong would give more chance on a official statement between al the mixture talk.

Seems i had it all wrong once again [emoji20]

2. Stan

Stan Registered

Hi and first of all, thanks for all the years of enjoying... well, all your simulators, they are unbelievable tools and a load of fun.
    Regarding the last "Non-Steam Build", why don't you just release few important builds, let say once a year, when there is signifcant changes and everybody will be happy?
    Those who play's offline don't really care about having the ultra ultra last build.

Anyway, thanks again and in advance for all your achievements.

Stan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No updating for a year? Yeah that would be.... sometimes a build breaks something, so users have to wait a year for a fix? Yeah.... that will work! :rolleyes:

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

The above two entries - need a new tire upgrade to the component, old tires are not affected.

5. unknwn

unknwn Registered

The placebo effect is strong in this one. ;)

6. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

As usual :D

7. Stan

Stan Registered

Why being ironic, if it's not yearly, it could be every three or five or whatever builds, just sometimes; also the build could be pack after it has been tested and validated by the steam users... and everybody would be happy again.
    Anyway, thanks for your constructive comment.

Stan.

8. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Stan, why not just use steam ?
    Very simpler !

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

lol

If that was a deliberate omission, well played. Assuming you're completely sure that's correct, obviously :)

Well, I'd hardly call it obsession, but more posts here, yes. Why? Perhaps:
    • The prevailing thought was that the tyre changes would affect existing tyres, while the engine mixture needed an engine change so people wanted to know how to do it; which then leads to more people asking what it does.
    • Fuel mixture adjustment has been missing forever in the rF series, meaning people have had to use boost to do something similar. Then for a couple of years the new engine/turbo model meant that the boost workaround was severely limited. The tyre model, conversely, has had a number of changes.

10. Stan

Stan Registered

I have nothing against steam, I just like the fact of getting a standalone install package that I can easly install on multi computers for LAN purpose without having to connect those to steam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  11. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

No....

Still broken :confused:

This is like a broken record, and incredibly frustrating to see it in the change logs and still no change.

Replay link. This is the first race I have tried, out of the gate, didn't even have to do anything special/weird to get this result. It can't get any easier to duplicate. This one is no different from any of the others in the patches before. Just fast forward to end when green flag stops begin.
    http://www.filedropper.com/daytonaspeedwayr126

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I just don't see how a yearly build would achieve anything. I mean, the users get antsy if there is no new build for a few weeks, let alone a year!! Plus, leaving the game without features (some of which are still in the pipeline for a year would be suicide for this game... a game that is supposed to be an evolving product.

An important build to one person, may not be an important build for others.

Enjoy your last build!

13. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Is there any chance to explain more in depth?

Are those 2 lines (- Added diffusive adhesion to tire model - Tire planar contact compliances can now be adjusted based on tire pressure, etc) something you can add to the [Realtime] entrie or is it hard coded on ttool?

14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

as it is also with non-steam you have to have internet connection to use LAN ;) so THAT is not a very good argument. However, as someone who doesn't understand coding at all, I also have been wondering if the way you describe would be a possibility. Once in a few builds, or when some big features are added, then create a new non-steam build as well. Not that I need it since I did switch to steam, but was just wondering how that would work.

15. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

He's ISI staff. Would he be misinformed?

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Well what about the content updates, new content would also have to be released somewhere for non-Steam users then. The content updates are one of the main reason I'm looking forward to Steam, it (hopefully) encourages ISI to release quick hotfixes for cars to implement new features like engine mixture, instead of current situation, having to wait years for some cars to get updated. Also maintaining two codebases I guess is taking time off from development, which could be better spent when all focus is on one version.

17. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

So is this now the final non-Steam update, as stated a while ago, after build 1080 was released? (1084 was basically a hotfix release)

18. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Bug
    I run triple screens
    With this update it does not save my fov adjustments.
    I set everything via crtl = and.it is fine in till I leave and come back same track same car and mod.

Is there a fix or what happen.

Thanks
    Ruben

19. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Seems to me that this is one for ISI to explain rather than everyone speculate

20. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

What resolution are your running?