rFactor 2 Build 1098 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

What i make of it is this:

Diffusion is the spreading of parts in a liquid e.g. think of a glass of water in which you throw a droplet of colored liquid. First the color will stay concentrated in the water but it will spread out to in the end color whole the water in the glass. When the water in the glass is warmer the spreading will go faster.

For adhesion this diffusion proces works the same. Due to camber settings the inside of the tire will always be in contact with the track and therefore gain the most temperature and be sooner on optimal working temp. The temperature we all search for in our struggle to find the most grip (adhesion) from the tire as possible.
    Now with the implementation of this feature to the tire model, the parts of the tire which are less in contact with the track will gain over time in grip (adhesion) also.

Again i'm not saying this is written in stone it's just my understanding of it and i hope Christopher or any other dev will say i'm right or explain i'm totally wrong and say what it really does :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  2. Ft5fTL

Ft5fTL Registered

With that settings it didnt work for me. On first setting my engine went down around 880 hp, on second it went up around 950 hp and on third it went down again around 880 hp. So i tried some other numbers and i think i found the solution.

You are correct with the first, middle and the last value but if you go over 1.0 on first value, the engine is losing power. So i tried "EngineMixtureRange=(0.8,0.1,3)" and it worked like i wanted.

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Was reading ur reply first and looked at the update list for 'sound fix' but didnt found it. Oh need coffee...

Its eerie coz while i was watching the replay vid last nite, i thot to myself how engine mapping will make a difference while drag racing in that Fuji start/finish straight.
    I somehow warged into Tim's mind into knowing the update is coming with that

ok too much GoT.

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Maybe your engine is getting too much fuel on the last setting. So you could need to let enter more air into the engine (to get more than 950hp), or you should reduce the base value of the range from 0.8 to 0.7 and get 950hp as maximun power and maybe 810 as minimun. If you want the range to be closer (something like 890 to 950), reduce the second value from 0.1 to 0.05

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

will it have mappable hotkeys to be used during runs?
    (or is it already there)

sorry noob question

6. Ft5fTL

Ft5fTL Registered

Dunno i will try with other engines too tomorrow. For now changed it to EngineMixtureRange=(0.9,0.05,3). Gives around 910-930-950 hp.

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I want to know what happens with the turbo engines too, but now I´m 10.000 km far from my computer and wheel. I'll try next week.

8. Carr

Carr Registered

Ok, so am I right in understanding that the new Fuel Mixture setting is basically adjustable air fuel mixture? With correctly setup engine will allow increased engine power and in turn fuel usage, and less the other way? Also, anyone know if this can be adjusted in pit menu or on the fly?

Do any of the other new additions require any lines added?

Just as my group was getting ahead with our tires, they change. Hope it doesn't require reworking too much if anything.

9. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Great. More stuff for you to do my head in over.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks!

11. gornes

gornes Registered

Updated my SteamCMD installations, but that part of the multiplier.json seems the same as before (no '3' in the description). Or should I just type 3 there and it will work?

[​IMG]

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you.
    Tried to update the Steam rF2 Dedicated with SteamCMD, and update nothing, still in 1.084. Is it normal?

13. Carr

Carr Registered

I updated my groups without and problems, maybe you have an error in your command.

I made a .bat file to do the updates with this in it:

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 +quit
    pause

I have my SteamCMD folder as C:\SteamCMD, so this installs to C:\rFactor2-Dedicated, just adjust the path to suit your setup.

14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You'll need to regenerate your Multiplayer.JSON to see the new comment in that line.

Back up your Multiplayer.JSON, then just start a Dedi and it should generate a new one.

15. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

Check driving controls, there's new ones for increase/decrease mixture. :)

16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I have a batch too, the same I used for install.
    Will check tonight (I'm now at work) the command line (+app_update perhaps I have +app_install or something)
    I let you know.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They weren't my values :)

As I said, the parameters we've already had in the engine file for ages now define what happens with different fuel mixtures, so this parameter would need to be set up to suit the engine and what you want from it.

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

So this feature is the lambda range of the engine?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you look at an engine file you'll see some parameters setting the reference fuel/air mass ratio, the fraction of that mixture used at each RPM step across the throttle application, and the effect of the resultant mixture (relative to the reference) on torque and exhaust gas temperature. The new parameter probably just adjusts the current mixture.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

But the parameter

goes into the hdv file, into controls?

//Edit: seems to be it must go into the engine.ini...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016