PLEASE give us a real laser scanned version of the NORDSCHLEIFE !!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, May 24, 2016.

1. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Simply because driving a car that feels realistic can replace the need to buy an actual race car. Costs like 100000$ less even for the most simple kind of racing. Also, less time consuming - launch the sim and you can race. Having inaccurate physics is indeed bad and takes away the fun. If I wanted that, I'd just go play need for speed.

However, tracks don't have to be 100% accurate to be fun. rFactor 1 had fictional tracks and cars, and to be honest, it was more fun than other sim back then with real cars on real tracks - by far!
    Even laser-scanned tracks aren't completely accurate in the game, unless (in this case) ISI would put a stupid amount of work into them. By which I mean, they could easily create 5-10 less-accurate, but just as much fun tracks in the same time they would need to obtain GPS data of the ring and actually put it into the game as accurate as you'd want it to be. They could do that, but it wouldn't be affordable for anyone here. You could just buy a race car and go to the actual ring for the same money. Why would I waste so much money for software?

The thing is, rF2 is so successful because it is by far the best you can get per dollar. If they put laser scanned tracks into the game at the quality you're asking for, the game would be too expensive. In that case: If it's not enough for you, why don't you just go play iRacing and leave ISI alone? They have just what you're asking for - a horribly expensive sim with a laser-scanned ring. Why would another developer create just the same thing when it's already there? That'd be stupid.

So please, stop making up stupid reasons to justify spamming ISI with threads literally screaming at ISI that you want a laser-scanned ring. They already know and they've already discussed that. Instead of just spamming what has been said just days before, how about you take two seconds of your time and instead of typing out your message, type out a google search? You'd then already know why there's no laser scanned ring yet.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...laser-scanned-Nordschleife-from-rFPro-for-rF2

2. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

Hi Devin,

I think I disagree with all of your post but that's ok cause we all have our own opinions!

I just wanted to point out that although laser scan data is expensive to obtain - in my experience it makes the modelling side of things substantially quicker and easier.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I don't know that we need a laser-scan track, but an official ISI or 3PA version would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry, but the Nords we have available is not good. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I'm sorry, it's not a good track. I've tried to force myself to like it because I love Nords, but I keep uninstalling it.

A proper Nords would be nice.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

What is not good about it? If it wasn't for the slightly exaggerated elevation changes (which in a way actually is a good thing), I wouldn't be able to pinpoint any particular corner that is wrong. It's good for a modded effort, most of these ISI 3PA tracks have been no better actually.

5. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Apparently I was wrong.

I thought that the vast majority of car racing enthusiasts worshiped the Nordschleife more than any other track and considered as inseparable from any driving passion ...

On the other hand I thought when we chose this as simulation in my opinion is the best public driving simulation in the world (rf2) is that it was necessarily passionate about drive car racing.

For me it was therefore entirely logical that the great majority of rf2 users would like the best possible release of the nordschleife.

I demand or I most deceived :
    - Automotive steering passionate not loving Nordschleife
    OR
    - may be simply that all rf2 users are not big driving fans but that some consider the automobile steering as a hobby among of other and not a passion.

I'm obviously wrong.

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

YOU have the OPINION that nords is the ultimate racing fans track of choice and that it is the one track everyone who is into racing should want to see.

You have attributed this tag in your mind for all racing fans. It doesn't work like that, and you can't imply that if you don't like it, you aren't a racing fan...

7. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Feel the same.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

9. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

So are you saying that if users do not want a laser scanned Nordschleife, then we are not passionate, true driving fans. I honestly hope you are joking. Yes, Europeans may want this track. But Stockcar/Nascar fans would probably be more inclined to want tracks like Daytona, Dega, Watkins. Australian motorsport fans(like myself) would kill for a completely accurate Bathurst. F1 fans more likely to go with Monaco, Spa, Monza. It does not matter what ISI release, people are not going to be happy if that does not suit their driving interests.

Similar thoughts were in the thread regarding Steam lite install and most other threads concerning the move to Steam. I myself disagreed with parts of ISI's stance, but I did not need to criticize the user-base.

If you want this track so much, then do the research and create it, until then do not insult the users because you they are not as passionate about the same things you are.

10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

11. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Maybe try to watch the whole 24 h race.[emoji16] every year less drivers come to the Eifel to race there. A really sad trend[emoji20]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

13. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Nords is great for hotlapping, but not so great for racing against AI or few laps league race.

Personally I have raced one 24 hours Event with rF1 (yes, true 24 hours) back then, which was extremely fun. Nevertheless (IMO) that track is not so good for sim racing after all.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

The track is good, I don't think anyone in their right mind denies it, but it's a track mostly for hotlapping. The leagues I drive in, we have no use of Nordschleife. If ISI hypothetically could afford the Nords license, it would take their 2-man track team over a year to build it. I rather see 2-3 useful tracks for my league released during the same time period. Speaking of which, hopefully ISI has some new licensed tracks in planning which they can announce soon.

15. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

As it has been said. We have a great Nordschliefe that feels great and looks great.

Spending lots of money to develope a similar track that many of the drivers wouldn't know if it is more realistic unless being told would be a economic ruin.

I told you seriously when I suggested that if you really think that this is a good business, you should go for a crowdfunding campaign and donate the money to ISI so that they can hire a track team and license the track. BTW do you have a rough estimate of how much would it cost? Or are you talking for talking when saying what others should do with their money?

It is very comfortable to ask others to take the risk because you think everybody thinks like you. Furthermore you are given several reasons why this has been already been disregarded but you keep on insisting as if we all were wrong.

There is a Spanish saying that reads "el que quiera peces que se moje el culo" which means "if you want fish you need to get your ass wet". It fits perfect here.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So what we need is fewer good versions on sims, so more people go and drive the real thing :p

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It is the most challenging and dangerous track in the world, that means allot of people love it and want it, but it also means allot of people find it too hard, no fun in a competition and/or do not invest enough time in it to appreciate the magic.
    The Green Hell has always been subject to debate amongst simracers as it is awesome but does not give balanced races.

Almost all rf2 users would welcome an ISI Nords. of course. they would welcome any ISI track. whether they would use it or not.
    But we have asked this many times before, and we know by now we are not going to get it. for many of us there is no point to do this again.

Too simplistic and too much nurturing your own perspective. Please don't assume we disagree because we don't join in with you.

You're not wrong, you just don't realise yet you are not going to get it. unfortunately yes, but whatyagonnado?

If you are rich then maybe get rfpro, I understand they got a pretty good version of the Nordschleife and since you drive alone and not with other people, this might be the way to go. Especially because rfpro is used by real racing teams and you are a real racer and we are not :)

https://vimeo.com/101606924

http://www.rfpro.com

19. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hmmmm. Yes I understand your point of view.
    So yes to be passionate of driving, it is not obligatory to be fan of the nordschleife. Everybody can't like the same things. Meaculpa

20. Gonzo

Gonzo Member