Updated Indianapolis Motor Speedway v1.70 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 9, 2016.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

[​IMG]

This minor release fixes a few equally minor issues, and is a good opportunity to demonstrate how a Steam content package update works. It should be a seamless experience; and it shouldn't download the full track again if you're subscribed to the item.

What's changed? A good amount of cutting false positives have been addressed, as well as the pit entry glitch on the 2014 layout. Cam bugs have also been fixed, and the AI cars now use headlights on the road courses. In an attempt to slowly move away from the recent desaturated look, the grass should look a tad more alive.

And yes, non-Steam people can still grab the full download and install manually if they wish.

Enjoy!

Steam Workshop page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537635128
    Download link: 446mb

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks so far! But little question regarding "desaturated look":
    Is this for this track only, or will be all future-updated tracks have this tweak?

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I started up steam, and it downloaded 444MB of workshop content for rF2. I haven't done anything in the workshop yet myself, so only subscribed to ISI. In other words, I don't know if it worked like it should??? No problem for me either way though, just reporting ;)

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Here too. I guess steam downloaded the whole track!?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

5. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, also 444.4 MB dolwnload here. The Launcher shows 1.3 and 1.7 both installed. Track selection in game shows only 1.7.

6. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Maybe I don't understand how to use SteamCMD and the metadata.vdf file properly but I don't see how a person could get Steam to give people updated track files without them redownloading the entire track rfcmp.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Tested on my secondary computer, I monitored both bytes received from network card and Steam. Both indicated 444 MB of download, so this feature doesn't seem to yet work as advertised.

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

downloaded full version for me... was this actually tested?

9. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Same. Not that I really mind, just posting for confirmation purposes, in case it might help the devs somehow:
    [​IMG]

10. Christopher Elliott

No we never test anything here ;)

But seriously it has to do with this item and the way the cache works. So yes it will download the full rfcmp this time. Sorry for the confusion.

Some of the weekly internal content I distribute I've seen downloads as low as a couple of mbs for a new version of a track or car, it really depends on what the content maker changed from version to version. This compare feature of Steam is actually quite amazing.

You'll see this for sure with the Brabham Development Preview in the coming weeks, if you're subscribed.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks Track Team

12. TJones

TJones Registered

Just for clarification. After download and installation throu Steam, the old Vers. 1.3 is still installed but not choosable in game.
    Shouldn't replace the new version the old completely, or is it supposed to work this way (whatever reason may be) and i should deinstall/delete old version in the Launcher.

Thanks to Track Team also from me. :)

13. Christopher Elliott

This can happen if you have a vmod/RaceEvent tied to it. You can check this in the Launcher by hovering over v130 and it will tell you what it's tied to.

14. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, this was the case.
    Version 1.3 was tied to two RaceEvents, while i can't delete them in the Launcher. I had to unsubscribe all RaceEvents in Steam. But I'm still unable to delete v.1.3 throu Launcher (can only delete items with Pkg File).
    Now in case i unsubscribe from Indy-track, are both versions deleted then?

Edit: Ok, i unsubscribed from Indy, which deleted both versions. Then subscribed again, so re-download and now v1.7 (only) is installed. Finally !

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  15. Emery

Emery Registered

Nice to have the cameras fixed!

16. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I went to the Installed folder and put 1.3 in the trash. Probably easier, though not as elegant?

17. Magus

Magus Registered

So this was meant to show steams functionality?? Sorry Chris but this updating needs to be thought out a bit more. I have Indianapolis 1.3 telling me it's in use by RaceEvent Car Series v1.06, RaceEvent Stock Car Oval Series 1.07 & WSR_BTCC_Public v1.0. I'm sure the only reason I've subscribed to some of these is joining online servers and now how do I uninstall these when the option is not present in the mod manager launcher. Go and plough through 132 mods in the steam workshop that don't have any proper categories. Can this be done? I mean in the workshop to have proper categories? ISI content vs non, Cars vs tracks, Racevents. Because right now this is not a favourable reflection, to use your own words, on 'a good opportunity to demonstrate how a Steam content package update works'.

18. Christopher Elliott

Ok thanks for reporting that Magus, the RaceEvents left over (RaceEvent Car Series v1.06 and RaceEvent Stock Car Oval Series) are my mistake. I'll get those switched out today. WSR_BTCC_Public v1.0 is not an ISI Raceevent so you'll need to uninstall that manually, or unsubscribe if it's a RaceEvent in a workshop item.

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Dissenter AI clips pit wall when leaving paddock for Brickyard.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm confused as to how this is gonna work in future (obviously didn't work this time!), by downloading a small update to a track it needs to go alongside the other MAS files in the Dir...but here's what I don't get. As it's a new update it comes with a new Dir representing the number of the update - so does Steam/RF2 automatically move over the other files and just applies this update to the new Dir with new Signature thus not downloading the entire track again?