(Steam) How to remove content? (unsub isn't deleting it)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joker68, May 7, 2016.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

Probably it would ask if it was possible to do such thing with Steam. Steam APIs limit what programmer can do with it and the rest is in Valve's hands, there is probably no way to implement subscribe/unsubscribe button outside of workshop. My only issue with it is that it downloads some low quality 3PA content such as ISI Montreal, which is barely raceable at all.

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Yes it is time to accept that rf2 minimum and recommended system storage requirements have increased by 8 wrt the original. Maybe I would have bought a different machine to the one I bought straight away after buying rF2 more than 3 years ago to fulfill the requirements. This shows how reliable is a software provider wrt to its initial promises

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You're free to stay on the non-Steam, we give you that choice :)

4. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

I agree! This sucks. ISI should have stopped making content after build 342 or so :)

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Not for future builds, it is just for now, right??

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Covered to death in the steam thread(s). One more non-steam build, and it'll never stop working, but still be that build. So everyone's correct.

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Hi Christopher,
    The issue that Dizz mentioned was with me. I recently moved over to steam and had no issues, then the night before our race night I did the family sharing thing on Steam with my son's account. My son then logged onto his Steam account (on the same computer) and fired up rF2 and it started to do some downloads, which he canceled( impatient bugger)...didn't think anymore of it, but when I went to do some practice before the race got the message when trying to join that the mods couldn't be downloaded and to manually install, checked and the car, track and vmod were installed. Deleted them and reinstalled car and track, but still same message. Got the crankies about this point and deleted the whole Steam install.

I have since reinstalled rF2 and everything is working as advertised...young fella hasn't touched rF2 since so when he does I'll make sure he lets Steam do its thing and see if everything is still ok with my install.

cheers

Goanna

8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

ok, good to hear it's working for you now :)

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Dear Christopher,

I have taken some time before replying to your post.

I paid for a lifetime license of your product when it was even unplayable due to its early beta stage.

Euskotracks was one of the first modding groups to offer their tracks when there were only a few of them available. The tutorial we made to convert tracks from rF1 to rF2 with over 17000 views helped many others to start supporting this community. At the moment we are offering 12 original tracks for this platform in exclusivity.

We have been supporting the rF2 community since its early beginnings in the almost one thousand posts in this forum. We have made tutorials, helped out others with problems, reported bugs, proposed improvements in the wish list section.

For sure we have been very critical with ISI many times. Apart of a modding group we belong to a rF2 league with over 40 official drivers who also support your product.

How would you feel if you under those circumstances you were kindly offered to stay in the current build knowing that the product for which you paid an ONLINE lifetime license will keep on evolving until no server will use the build where the non steam version was left behind?

Is this the typical attitude you adopt with all your customers? Maybe we should stop supporting this platform if this is the treat to users as us. Sometimes in order to win the war you have to lose a battle.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

10. lagg

lagg Registered

To play offline?
    How many people have bought rF2 to play offline?
    Your answer is nothing more than a bad joke.
    Really, there is no choice.