[REL] Pays de La Loire (FRA) - The Bugatti Circuit - v1.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ECAR_Tracks, May 1, 2016.

1. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks guys! Hedlund, thanks for the extra-beers lol, Juergen, Gary, Chugrov, you guys rule.

:D

Pedro Ramada, do you have Skype or something? I'd like to know which mid-corner bump you're referring to. I can speak Spanish if it's the case. Or maybe you can point it exactly in a Youtube video.

You're not being an ass, all of us do like perfect material all in all it's intend to be a simulation. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'm aware some kerbs are reversed, the final fix will come with v1.0.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
  2. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

I tested in the wet last night & on the HUD the WET IN was at 0% while WET OUT was up to over 60%.
    Does that mean the track is staying dry while the outfield is getting wet? It doesn't look right...

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

rF2 is reporting "dry" even there is a very smal place around the track (e.g. under a bridge). Wet IN and WET OUT means min. wet and max. wet, but it is wrong labeled in trackmap (i reckon you`re using trackmap?).

4. jonnyboy_99

jonnyboy_99 Registered

Nice Update :) Really looking forward to the 24 h layout :)

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

6. Remik

Remik Registered

+1 Great stuff THANKS !!!

7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Most excellent! (since we're all going Steam)

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

A work of art!

But of course it's rF2, so there has to be z-fighting issues :( In this case, the upper floor(s) of the Porsche Building.

There is also a strange issue with the forest at the end of the first straight after you leave the main Sarthe track. Could be z-fighting or some other strange anomaly.

But this may be the best looking mod track out there in terms of textures and realistic buildings. A true masterpiece.

11. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Looking forward to clicking the workshop subscribe button, good job! :D

12. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

We had our final round on this track last week, I have to say that you've done a Masterpiece !

I know this track by heart as I live 1h away from Le Mans and this one is the most realistic I'v ever run on.

Congratulations mate !

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Arrrggghhh! rF2's annoying cam clip planes system!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I just drove a different vehicle (cockpit cams are always the worst) and it revealed some more z-fighting issues. I'll document them here, so that eventually the work of art and resulting immersion that is this track is not spoiled by flickering textures.

The side of the yellow Dunlop building at the end of the pit straight.

The side of the yellow Dunlop grandstand further around the curve.

The bottom left and right sides of the Dunlop tire bridge (right under the logo/word "Dunlop").

The black and white metre markers ahead of corners. Note also that the horizontal struts on those signs suffer the same transparancy/AA issues as the railings and portable fences at Toban). The curved part of the struts do not. One has jaggies and shimmers; the other does not.

The yellow and blue barriers that are in front of actual tire stacks (conflict between those two presumably). Where there are no visible tires behind, no flickering.

The MMArena sign (only the "M" "M" and "A" logo parts) on that building. Some trees to the left of the building also overlap and flicker.

The big red Total sign beside the Motul grandstand.

The seats in the Motul grandstand--but only the purple, red and green seats. The yellow do not flicker!!

What an annoying graphics engine. I have begged ISI for years to change something so these tedious issues do not afflict every track (because they do). As always, the problem is directly connected to the clip planes setting in the cam (so some cam views will reveal the problem and others will not, with cockpit view always being worst). As always, if you get close enough to the offending object, the flickering will go away.

14. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks Marc, I got some Z-fighting with thin elements as the MOTUL board near of last curve and the moveable boards spread around the circuit when they're far from the driver position XYZ.

But I've never seen this issue with forests, is it catchable through a F12 screen-shot?

Just FYI, I migrate to Windows 10 and Steam Version, new drivers and fresh installation but the Nvidia problem persists at some tracks like this one, Le Mans 1991 and VLM Sebring. If someone with 970 - 980 GTX are still having issues please report.

Edit -> We posted almost at same time, lol... the yellow seat don't flickering while others flicker is really strange but can be the key of issue. Which car are you using?

Regards

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I can try to force clip-planes in the main view SCN parameters, I'm going to see tonight how do my values compare to other ISI tracks.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

16. Skan

Skan Registered

It looks good and feels good driving at all speeds. Please, I beg You, do not change anything at all on the area behind the big motul (spelling) building. Behind that building is a whole different kind of fun and I don't mean in the kinda way that it sounds. The only thing I saw that You may not have intended is 1 bus was off the ground. No one will see it if they are racing.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

18. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Lol, it's not that complicated, I would have to study how to make it spin and to be careful with vertices generation, everything over 6.000 - 7.000 points would be unwanted.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I used the ASR Series 3 for this latest message. The forest issues are just trees that are too close together. That causes z-fighting behaviour and momentary flickering. I think ISI has said the only way to cure it is to move the tree! I remember poor pleclair almost went insane "replanting" trees at Nords to get rid of this problem there. It took many, many long hours to do that track. There are only a couple of examples at Bugatti and I am sure you will see them if you use a cockpit view of an open-wheel car (so you can see more). If not, I'll make a video for you.

20. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thanks Juergen-BY. Yes, I was referring to the Trackmap.