[REL] Pays de La Loire (FRA) - The Bugatti Circuit - v1.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ECAR_Tracks, May 1, 2016.

1. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712092404

New Update> v1.00 (see below)

Hello,

This is the 1.00 version of this French race track located in Pays the Loire - Le Mans. The famous 24 Heures du Mans race take place in this site, using the main straight, the boxes structure and the Dunlop esses. This version fixes a number of issues and intends to be a stable version for nVidia 900 series users (see notes below).

History Version
    [HR][/HR]
    Notes of v1.00
    ---------------------

*Driving*

• First track segment totally rebuilt (T1 and small straight before Dunlop esses) to get rid of excessive bumping (fixed wrong elevation data).
    • Redone track's night lighting, eliminated TGA textures, grouped light glows for optimization.
    • Moved time-strap sectors
    • Corrected Pit-Out position to avoid incorrect penalty due leaving pits before green and corrected pit and start-lights behavior
    • Corrected wrong properties (collide or HAT) of several objects.
    • Reshaped tall red kerbs and decreased their height due AI turnovers of some mods with stiff suspension parameters [SUP](1)[/SUP].
    • Reversed several wrong 3D kerbs direction and remodelled to match the real thing (Yoss' picture database)
    • Inserted new tarmac material in negative kerbs zones to accent the force-feedback in those off-tracks
    • Increased gravel resistance in sand-pits to match real run-offs observed during 2016 LM 24 heures.
    • Added two DRS zones [SUP](2)[/SUP]
    • Reviewed track cutting parameters in order to outline what is cutting and what is lose control and avoid unfair penalties.

*AI*

• Improved AI fast line and overall speed to increase offline challenge
    • Corrected AI right and left lines to avoid offs when pace laps
    • Improved AI pit entry and exit line
    • Better AI defensive line, AI is capable to defend its position without waste to much time in corner exits
    • Reduced some wide corridor zones to avoid AI crazy overtake attempts which would result in disasters.
    • Reviewed Track-Side cameras set
    • Replaced Safety-Car to a safe place
    • Tweaked AI corner speed, reduced slowing when pushed, AI field spread and draft behavior.
    • Added specific AI learning files for several cars [SUP](3)[/SUP]

*Optimizing*

• Possibly fixed the Nvidia driver crash that affects many systems using 900 NV series cards [SUP](4)[/SUP]
    • Created far LOD objects for some high-poly instances
    • Full revision of track geometry: corrected smoothing groups, unused channels cleaned, removed overlapping faces, isolated vertices, converted all normals to Gmotor system.
    • Created Shadow Groups to improve performance in low end computers
    • Created non-rendereable shadow casters for all high poly elements as tyre barriers (performance purposes)
    • Remodelled and remapped pit buildings which were carrying a lot of invisible polygons and useless vertices harming the game engine performance aside bad visual aspect.
    • Occluded a lot of unnecessary objects from mirrors to improve FPS
    • Excluded a number of unnecessary objects from reflected environment and car cube reflections.

*Visuals*

• Another pass on track material light properties
    • Improved overall ambient by including several track-side vegetation as texture shadow caster (shadow settings = max)
    • Replaced placeholders windows frames and other metal structures to final ones.
    • Improved terrain ambient occlusion through alpha channel painting
    • Inserted grass-tarmac alpha transition
    • Corrected excessive vegetation night light reflectance
    • All environmental and car-cube reflections were made from scratch, several objects were wrongly quoted in old SCN file.
    • Replaced some vertex-colour painted objects by actual textures
    • Added main yard as real-road to darken when raining
    • Improved kerbs texture 2048 px and remapping
    • New grass without the old inverse wrong pattern which induced too dark grass areas
    • Created detailed far outfield with blended grass texture
    • Other minor corrections on texture mapping, replaced concrete textures, etc

*Misc*

• Inserted animated Le Mans Ferris-Wheel taking advantage of rF2 animation system (bones)
    • Insert some simple assets in the boxes to improve immersion just in case (used ISI Toban texture)
    • Corrected Z elevation of several objects as TSO vehicles
    • Replaced temporary MM Arena Football Stadium object to the final one and modelled the park area around
    • Added very low-poly TSO cars in park lots
    • Added invisible walls to avoid driving out of circuit areas and avoid AI to stuck in any unusual accident
    • Added some Real Road pre-saves

*Additional Notes - V.1.00*
    (1) The red obstacles is lower now but the cut corridors are the same. In addition, the red material have a high tyre-wear value to discourage human players to cut track. I suggest to cars modders to have a special attention on their collision feelers, there're several cars which they are unnecessarily low, producing some bizarre behavior when attacking tall kerbs.
    (2) There's no visual indication of DRS zone so you'll have to keep your eye in car's panel until get used with the start positions.
    (3) It seems rF2 engine is not able to automatically load the AI learning files from package yet. However, when it get fixed the TL3 files are already inserted in a specific MAS file (you might unpack to manually put it in correct folders ore, easier, get in alone in a practice period with fuel usage and damage off, add one AI car and type "ai learn" (it's case sensitive) until its times get faster enough, then type "ai save".
    (4) If you're a Nvidia 900 series owner, probably you're being affected by drivers crash (blank screen) and other issues in some specific rFactor 2 tracks, including LM Bugatti v0.98. Particularly, my system is plagued by this well known issue in some tracks as VLM Le Mans 1991-1996, VLM Sebring and my LM Bugatti version. After to perform a very tedious investigation cleaning object by object and, and virtually rebuild all track, I successfully finished 10 endurance simulations (8 hours) in a row of 10 days, using several cars combination and I can state that this track is running completely flawless in my system (http://textuploader.com/58pzn). As I'm just a guy with one computer, I cannot 100% assure the issue is cured for everyone, since each system is a very one system with their different components, OS and drivers running. So let me know if the game still crashes if you have a Nvidia GTX 900 series.

[HR][/HR]
    Notes of v0.98
    ---------------------

• General overhauling of track appearance.
    • Fixed an issue which AI cars never turns their headlights on, used a threshold to force lights on at 7h30PM.
    • Fixed some wrong textures mapping in boxes building.
    • Included Visgroups to track-side objects to take advantage of Circuit Detail menu (performance purposes).
    • Inserted structures for fuel hoses and pit support (Visgroups = Full or High Circuit detail).
    • Corrected misplaced back-garage doors of main pit building.
    • Re-modelled Dunlop Curve (T1) and main straight to smooth excessive bumping.
    • Corrected some gaps between boxes wall and the tarmac surface and the white lines on it.
    • Inserted NoRainZone objects to block rain in boxes, covered grandstand and etc.
    • Corrected some grandstands proportions (previous 3D models were smaller than real).
    • Added ISI bus and trailers, flags and some details to improve environment.
    • Added human spectators in grandstands and yards increasing amount from free practice to race session.
    • Painted sponsors on the walls.
    • Corrected several textures saturation and brightness (albedo map).
    • Reworked grass areas.
    • Replaced tyre-barriers low-resolution textures to a better one.
    • Corrected Load-out of high poly elements as tyre barriers (performance purposes).
    • Converted a number objects from Max Normals to Gmotor Normals by detaching smooth groups as elements.
    • Reworked wet tarmac effects trying to emulate puddles.
    • Modified tyre mark textures which was messed in previous version.
    • Reworked tarmac dry texture to respond correctly to overall sun light and increased fresnel level.
    • Minor corrections on several objects as fences and walls geometry and mapping.
    • Remodelled pit lane and included Michelin tarmac stripe.
    • Added Porsche Experience Center building and corrected surrounding topography.
    • Reduced height of cut-track obstacles at S du Chemin in order to avoid URD prototypes to roll over in certain circumstances.
    • Improved gravel-tarmac transition.
    [HR][/HR]
    Notes of v0.95
    ---------------------

• Fixed "sinking" GMTs due some TDF file erros (cars jumping or sinking)
    • Fixed garage doors issue (now one team has 3 pit bails as real Le Mans track - all three doors will be opened when an single car of the team car is selected)
    • Fixed annoying line in distant trees textures due incorrect uvw mapping.
    • Changed mipmap bias of some blurred grass textures
    • A bit improved gravel-tarmac transition
    • Remodeled Bridge on back straight and new textures for it.
    • Albedo map corrected for 9 track textures
    • Few AIW corrections
    • Increased Clip Planes of several trackside cameras (*.CAM) due the incorrect clipping of far objects as horizon trees.
    • Renamed package to make easy finding.
    • Inserted current version in loading screen for better control.
    [HR][/HR]
    Notes of v0.94
    ---------------------

• Adjusted (reduced) rumble-strips generic grip.
    • Adjusted main tarmac TDF parameters (tyre wear)
    • Corrected wrong cube reflections on the main tarmac.
    • Corrected wrong TDF entry for the main realroad material (feeling of driving improved)
    • Corrected alien black square in main straight.
    • Garage depth increased to 2.9 meters before AI steering.
    • Corrected AIW lefthanded pit entry.
    [HR][/HR]
    Notes of v0.93
    ---------------------

• Funcional AIW including 3 lines, BLOCK and WET lines for AI cars.
    • Inserted high red cement limiters in some kerb zones and reduced cut warning threshold to 0.95 to avoid track cutting. You may have jumps with extremely low cars as prototypes or formulas. It can be reviewed in next version.
    • 4 sets of track-side cameras.
    • 56 cars allowed to grid and garages spots (I wouldn't use more than 25 - 30 due the track dimensions).
    • Realroad.
    • Night lights implemented.
    [HR][/HR]
    Download Links v1.00

Please remove any previous version before install v1.00. Steam users should have the track automatically updated.

>>Download Le Bugatti Circuit v1.00 - Google Drive<<

>>Download Le Bugatti Circuit v1.00 - MediaFire<<

>>Download Le Bugatti Circuit v1.00 - 4Shared<<

Steam Workshop > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712092404

Click to donate>> PayPal

My twitter: https://twitter.com/ECAR_Tracks
    [HR][/HR]
    References

An excellent guide on how to drive it:
    http://www.super-trackday.com/circuits-automobiles/le-mans-bugatti.html

A professional F4 driver mastering the track:

Have fun and Vive la France, from Brazil.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
    2ndLastJedi and hexagramme like this.
  2. Magus

Magus Registered

Thank you!

3. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Brilliant! Thank you. :cool:

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Many thanks, looks really great! Just some minor issues:

on the s/f there appear a shadow wich shouldn`t be there?

[​IMG]

wet shadow texture just in front of one turn?

[​IMG]

some cars have problems to leave the pit box. Afaik could be solved with higher garage depth value.

[​IMG]

Again, many thanks for the track!

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

No, i updated to 1084.

6. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I have the same issue. Using B1052.

7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I think my forum board is crazy. My posts are vanishing. It looks when any post has external links it can't even be edited one byte otherwise it goes back to moderation and turns hidden again.

Juergen pleaser try to delete shader folder content in your \userdata folder and let the game rebuild them. Maybe this fixes the wet mirage.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Deleted bash & shader, object (s/f) still there...

9. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Alright, I'm going to investigate.

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Now seeing your first post, thank you for this first WIP release !!

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I see the same reflections on he road. Did you enable both reflections in gfx sttings?

12. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Yes, now I'm seeing too. And the black rectangle in the main straight only appears when I have road reflections = max. Puzzling, I'm trying to figure out how it does happen. For now you'll be good reducing reflections set in game options.

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Thank you satangoss :)

Here's for the full, modern de la sarthe I mean loire experience in the future some time!

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thank you, excellent work! :D

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks guys.

I corrected the reflections issue, now I'm struggling with that black square exactly in 0,0,0 position, it won't disappear whatever I do.

Later on v0.94 to download, as soon as I kill that ghost.

16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Track updated. Thanks for the first feedbacks.

V0.94 links above

Track Updates

v0.94 Changes List:

• Adjusted (reduced) rumblestrips generic grip.
    • Adjusted main tarmac TDF parameters (tyre wear)
    • Corrected wrong cube reflections on the main tarmac.
    • Corrected wrong TDF entry for the main realroad material (feeling of driving improved)
    • Corrected alien black square in main straight.
    • Garage depth increased to 2.9 meters before AI steering.
    • Corrected AIW lefthanded pit entry.

17. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

This was fast ;) thanks mate!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
  18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

well done, thanks!

19. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thank You!

Possible problem - Falling/Sinking through ground at this spot (maybe tdf problem?)
    View attachment 19859

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
  20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just annother minor issue...AI`s headlights are not working by night...