rFactor 2 Build 1084 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 28, 2016.

1. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Well, if you could tell me were to look for that ... or is this an exclusive function of the Steam version? I have not switched so far my non-Steam lifetime version and the more trouble I have with this in the less mood I am to do this at all ...

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

On the top the Steam you have View > Servers, choose rFactor2 as filter :)

3. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

O.k., then I was on the right path, but if I do this there are no servers at all listed with this filter, even in the games list there is none rFactor2 ...

I easily find Automobilista, but no luck in searching for rFactor2 so far. Maybe because I don't have it in my Steam library?

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes you must have rF2 to your Steam library.

Are you sure that you did open these additional ports on your router (non Steam)?

UDP+TCP 54297
    TCP 64297
    UDP 64298
    UDP 64299

5. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

I am pretty sure I have those still added since I had the non-Steam version running on the server, too, but I'll check this again to be sure.

6. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

I love the game since rf1 and I'm racing it since the very first days. No other racing game could ever reach rf1 or rf2. But again and again, since release of rf2, ISI does make things more worse then improving it. There were never any problem so far with joining the server, downloading content and so on. Why changing a thing which work since 2 years and does make so much problems. Why don't focus on the game or rather solving the problems which are present? But no, adding a new feature which doesn't work seems to be the solution. The possibility to be the best racing game ever are present but you are destroying it cause of such releases like 982,1080 or some else.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Well to be fair the old matchmaker, while it worked, was still pretty useless. The new Steam one at least has filters and ping, it was requested loudly by community. It was a necessary feature to get online more populated.

8. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

Maybe you should read that thread because some users asked for a downgrade, and your answer was:

"Let's not make this thread into "how to revert to 1052", that's not a solution. Not everyone is having issues connecting."

When you said that, downgrading was the only solution for a league of 30 drivers if only one of the drivers had the issues.

I don't think this is the right answer for people who paid for a product, and suddenly this product stopped working.

I'm not racing in a league, and I don't even drive, apart than the needed driving to make the aiw file and to test my tracks, as I'm just a modder, but when you wrote that I was just finishing a track, to race on it 4 days later, and if they had any problem after upgrading, to them it would be my fault, not ISI's one. They were not going to test the Build with another track, they just expect to plug in the simulators and have ten people driving on the track with no problems.

So I didn't say anything so strange to deserve your answer, but if you want to warn me, feel free to do it, it's your forum, not mine. I have survived a lot of things in 58 years, and I think I could survive another one. I'm still young enough.

9. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

I don't know why, but my fps down dramatically.
    Ex: Meganes at Mills ou other tracks 20 cars, 20 visibles cars all at max only shadows at high always around 70 fps and now 15?
    i'm loosing something?
    gtx 970 8gb ram pcars and Ac graphics at max and no problems. more than 6 months using nvidea drivers 347.88.
    any idea?

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Try a fresh/new player.json that usually does the trick

11. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

Thank you very much MarcG
    I am still using my fisrt install.
    this had never happened before
    thank you
    Mav

12. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Thanks to remind me of that. As Windows Server had set the ports to a fixed path to the executable this was still pointing towards the non-Steam dedicated server executable. Changed it to that were now the Steamcmd-version resides and now it works. But now a community fellow with the steam edition had problems as he could join the server but no car was shown to select, even that the server send some missing mod data automatically and installed it. He also checked that all the content used by the server is in his local installation and activated. But no luck in selecting a car to drive - server is configured to run the ER Flat6 mod. Any ideas where that could be from. He also said he had no problems with other servers.

13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Ask him to try to join true Steam matchmaker.

14. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

We tried that and it didn't work either.

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

What is your server name? I can try to join and look if it is working as it should.

16. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

First, many thanks very much for your help.

And that's the name of the server: [SRB]SimRacingBase.de #1

It's really weird. First I couldn't join my servers using non-Steam versions for both server and client any longer after build 1084. Now that I have switched over to the steamcmd version of the dedicated I could join it without any problem from my non-Steam client, but others that have the Steam version can join but cannot select the cars that work without any problem if they try them offline.

ISI really has to make this easier for both: server providers as well as users. Not everyone is willing to invest that much time and effort into this stuff and others with less functional servers but easier access will take over by chance.

17. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I can not join your server. It seems that there is port issue. Download CurrPorts and look which ports your server is using and open them in you router.
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

Let me know when you have done this and I test it again :)

18. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

That gets more and more weird. Didn't have touched the server after some tests on my own on last Wednesday, when it worked perfectly. And Thursday evening my community collegue could join, too, but could not select any car then. Does Windows 2012 Server change ports on its own or locks them down suddenly?
    Well, I check this again, but sadley rF2 is the only system that constantly causes such pain. Our 3x R3E servers run solid as a rock.

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

To my knowledge Windows 2012 server don`change ports. When I am joining to your server I get message "Checking server for missing components" and nothing happens.
    I believe that there is 3 possibilities which can be wrong.
    1. Go you your server root > Installed > Vehicles and Locations folders and check that car and tracks really are installed to right location.
    2. rFactor2 has new download system. Delete/move rfcmp`s from your package folder to turn new system is off. Do not to delete any rfcmp`s!!!!
    3. Port issue.

:)

20. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

1st: that's like both folders look inside:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd: that's something I didn't get right so far what to do... should I clean up the packages folder from where the parts have been installed via ModMgr? Remember I am launching the dedi via the lite version from the steamcmd console and installed the content with the provided ModMgr (still a 32 bit application!)
    [​IMG]

And I used the App-ID for the rF2 dedicated server provided by Steam DB:
    [​IMG]

3rd: that's what currports says:
    rFactor2 Dedicated.exe 2832 TCP 54297 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Listening C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe rFactor 2 rFactor2 1.0.8.4 Image Space Incorporated 04.05.2016 21:57:29 F727\Administrator A 07.05.2016 19:38:45 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\

rFactor2 Dedicated.exe 2832 TCP 64297 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Listening C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe rFactor 2 rFactor2 1.0.8.4 Image Space Incorporated 04.05.2016 21:57:29 F727\Administrator A 07.05.2016 19:38:45 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\

rFactor2 Dedicated.exe 2832 UDP 54297 0.0.0.0 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe rFactor 2 rFactor2 1.0.8.4 Image Space Incorporated 04.05.2016 21:57:29 F727\Administrator A 07.05.2016 19:38:45 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\

rFactor2 Dedicated.exe 2832 UDP 64298 0.0.0.0 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe rFactor 2 rFactor2 1.0.8.4 Image Space Incorporated 04.05.2016 21:57:29 F727\Administrator A 07.05.2016 19:38:45 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\

rFactor2 Dedicated.exe 2832 UDP 64299 0.0.0.0 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe rFactor 2 rFactor2 1.0.8.4 Image Space Incorporated 04.05.2016 21:57:29 F727\Administrator A 07.05.2016 19:38:45 C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 Dedicated Server\

That's how the Dedicated Tool looks like:
    [​IMG]