rFactor 2 Build 1084 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

[​IMG]

Hot on the heels of Build 1080 comes Build 1084, fixing some issues raised around the time of the previous release. These fixes include a workaround for the new 2016_TTRS_1 driver from Thrustmaster and a fix for the Logitech G920 pedals being named differently in their latest driver (the profile in rF2 should now work properly with the new driver).

Downloads:

Demo Installer - rFactor2_DemoBuild_1084.exe 1.08GB
    Lite Installer - rFactor2_LiteBuild_1084.exe 339MB
    Mod/SDK Mode - rFactor2_SDK_1084.exe 356MB

Known issue (see knownissues.txt):

- Lost wheel intermittent repair after driver change, possibly more likely with higher damage percent set. 'Normal' damage repairs function as intended.
    - There are still some issues with various security suites that we are not in control of. Depending on what software you use, you will need to find a workaround based on how it reacts or what it blocks. We would be grateful to see these false reports passed onto the developers of those suites so that they can whitelist our software.

Build notes:

FEATURES:
    -------------
    - Stopped overwriting your own Unsportsmanslike Driving multiplayer setting when you joined a server (should only affect the current setting). This would only matter if you used the same Player.JSON for both servers and clients.

FIXES:
    -------------
    - Fixed sun occlusion bug in showroom.
    - Adjusted particle params for rain spray.
    - Removed error msg from Mas2.
    - Fix for steam launcher getting "Password invalid" when attempting to download missing components from a password-less dedicated server.
    - Workaround for lag in options when using Thrustmaster drivers 2016_TTRS_1.
    - Rearranged throttle/brake/clutch pedal mappings for Logitech G920 because they will be rearranged with the next Logitech driver/firmware release (which are in Beta as of this writing). If any users continue to use the previous Logitech drivers, they will need to re-map the pedals after loading the Logitech G920 profile.
    - Attempt to prevent Knockout Qualifying plugin from overwriting manual grid edits.

2. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

Let's see it. Anyway, a quick response from ISI. Thanks.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks ISI.

Side note: I downloaded the Patch then upon closing & restarting the Steam Workshop downloaded an extra 302.8mb of....something! I've unsubscribed from a lot of things in there but nothing I'm subscribed to has any mention of an update with this patch. New to this whole Workshop thing so hopefully someone can shed some light on this? thanks

4. PATR10T

PATR10T Registered

server updated, my game updated... still same error with invalid passowrd when i try to join my server -.- beside both updates i didnt changed anything else (non steam)

5. Christopher Elliott

Hmm ok, where are you getting invalid password, in a non-Steam Client?

6. PATR10T

PATR10T Registered

when i try to join my server...

[​IMG]

open my game, go on multiplayer, looking for my server, press on race, enter password, nearly a minute happens nothing then the message appears

7. Christopher Elliott

8. PATR10T

PATR10T Registered

i will check it and answer late if it was the problem, thx

edit: thx again

looks like eset smart security 8 blocked the game on my pc, i excluded the game from protocol filtering and i can join my server now ;) never had a problem before that eset blocked any game -.-

anyway problem solved, thx for the fast help

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016
  9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

T500RS + TH8 shifter problem seems to be fixed, thanks.

I had pretty long loading time to one server when I was testing. Second time was faster. Didin't remember to delete shaders and cbash right away. Usually it only takes few seconds to load a track after I got ssd hard drivers. No join issues for me during 1080 and seems ok now too.

10. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

T500rs + CSP V3 + SHH problem seems to be fixed, thanks.

11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Had no problems with build 1080, but thanks isi.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Has the "plugin-related cloud shader/texture issue when joining as spectator" of 1080 been fixed ? Only asking, since it's not mentioned in the build notes.

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

When is 1088 due?

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's about the size of the core itself. Workshop doesn't have ANYTHING to do with core updates though, are you sure someone didn't update their track?

15. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I also had a 302 mb download after updating. I thought it was some mod of the workshop but I have not seen any news about any update these last days.

PS: It would be great to know what that is downloaded from workshop when a mod is updated.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah add per the steam thread (which I should've asked in there first!) The build downloaded then this, can't find a way to find out what it was though :p

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Check by date under your installed-folder.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ahh ok thanks, at work now will look later. I subscribed to more mods last night so will take a look later when I'm home :)

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

*bump* as I know that DEV was aware of this post-1080

20. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi , I having a prob now where I get a "Server Connection Failed" when trying to join my own server..I have been hosting /playing from same pc for ever ! this is the first time I have had a issue hosting /joining from same PC .. after 1084 everything seemed the same , I launch the ded , find it in matchmaker but now when i try to join I get the server connection failed message .. I checked all my networks settings and ips ,nothings changed .. I can still host and join with another sim/game in the same fashion so I don't think its something that's changed on my end ..

I don't even run any anti virus on the game pc ..

any Ideas ? I don't know where else to look ..
    Thanks!