StockCarRules.dll explanation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carlos Carvalho, Apr 26, 2016.

1. 73_Dave_Martin

73_Dave_Martin Registered

We had that happen during a race as well, one person couldn't see the safety car some of the time, other times he could. Weird.

2. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Can someone explain the follow to me:

We've run a mod with the following .rFm-entries:

Results:
    Pace Car drives 150kph on track (though the pit limiter is indeed 100.
    Restart is delayed at least 4 times.
    Restarts are double file.

What do I need to do to fix this?

3. guod

guod Registered

Which track, knockout qualifying, and length of race, and full flags?

4. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

DW12, Indianapolis. We tested a 10-lap race with full flags indeed. Cautions were working splendidly, except for the seemingly infinite G-W-C. We did not Q and neither was that plugin activated. StockCarRules.dll was activated, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  5. guod

guod Registered

6. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Thanks for the link. It was nice comparing these files with the ones SRVN uses. I already obtained most of the settings from SimHQ (before the post I linked earlier got put behind a barrier) and processed them. The files from your link are not that much different, aside from some preferences. SRVN likes using Lucky Dog and passing before the line, even though they are not real IndyCar features, to name just two.

The difference in settings, however, does not explain why some settings that I did process in the rFm got ignored or overriden by rFactor 2, as I mentioned in post #42. Could you, or someone else, shed some light on that?

7. guod

guod Registered

Safety car. Only thing I can think of is your decimal points are 100.000 instead of 100.00 or just 100.

Copy this in instead and see if it slows it down...

// RULES
    // Pit speed limits in kilometers per hour for race and normal (all other sessions); default=96.56 kph (= 55.0 mph).
    RacePitKPH = 96.56 // 55 mph + 5
    NormalPitKPH = 96.56
    FormationSpeedKPH = 100

Try these, and let me know:

// Behavior if full-course yellow is active at the end of a race; default=0, possible values are:
    // 0=race finishes normally
    // 1=finish will be delayed one time only and will allow one lap after the green flag
    // 2=finish will be delayed one time only and will allow two laps after the green flag
    // 3=finish can be delayed multiple times, with only one lap allowed after the green flag
    // 4=finish can be delayed multiple times, with two laps needed after the green flag
    // 5=finish can be delayed three times, with only one lap allowed after the green flag
    // 6=finish can be delayed three times, with two laps needed after the green flag
    // Note that a full-course yellow called on the very last lap will NOT currently delay the
    // finish. Also note that this feature does not work for timed races.
    FinishUnderCaution = 0

// Whether restarts are double-file and how many laps left are required to do so; default=0, possible values
    // are 0=off, 1+=laps left required to convert to double file.
    DoubleFileRestarts = 100

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  8. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Thanks for replying. I will try these.

9. SRGP

SRGP Registered

The track .GDB might be overriding these values ?

10. guod

guod Registered

Unless the Indy track was modified, the Safety Car shouldn't be running anywhere near that fast. I suspect it was the extra "0" making it go screwy.

11. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I tried these:

1. Safety car speed was still 150 kph
    2. Restarts were still double filed
    3. G-W-C was now turned off. We finished under yellow straight away (lap 8 of 10).

So either track .GDB or the StockCarRules plugin overrule .rFm where it concerns safety car speed and restarts. G-W-C can be altered.

12. guod

guod Registered

Yoeri, that is weird. Pasting in the default safety car speed should have slowed it down for sure. Try another track with all the same settings. The default Indy safety car speed isn't anywhere close to that. Are you using my IndyCar.rfm?

13. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

We used our own and changed the values you suggested. I did compare your IndyCar.rfm with our .rfm, though, and didn't see much essential differences.

14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Some more bugs are popping up regarding the yellows , our current season has had one or more of these every race now .

If you make a green flag pit stop and a yellow comes out while your in the pits you get a penalty when you come out for pitting when pit are closed ..;-?

then yesterday I got a longest line penalty when the car I was supposed to be following pitted (under yellow) while I stayed out .. after a warning it assigned me to the next car up front but as soon as it was 'one to go' it gave me a longest line, all I was doing was following the car in front that it told me to ..;-?

Lap down cars are randomly being shown that pits are open when its for lead lap cars only, you still (randomly) see PITS OPEN but if you go in first time around you get the penalty for pitting on first time around because your a lap down even tho pit say there open for you .. (this happened to me then the next yellow it was correct saying pits open to lead lap cars only, then again next yellow it said they were open to me again on the first pass even though Im a lap down ) enter= penalty ..

Lots of strange stuff .. stock car rules plug in is on ectt..

Hopefully some other drivers from these races will chime in with better details so these can be figured out as the racing is awesome with this mod ..

15. guod

guod Registered

Did you happen to record a trace file, replay, and log of the race? Those are helpful in isolating the problems.

16. Nodrepus

Nodrepus Registered

this thread was started in May its now September. Come on ISI isn't it about time we had this fixed.

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

It is being actively worked on, and tested :)

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Any chance you can confirm whether the game side of this code will stay the same, and it's just the plugin that will be altered? Worried about custom league plugins suddenly needing some minor/major tweaks...

19. Christopher Elliott

What kind of custom plugins are those?

20. Christopher Elliott

I can't reproduce that myself, here's what I tried:

• I went in the pits in under green
    • Admin command /throwyellow
    • Got the message in the LSI screen that pits are closed
    • Pitted for tires
    • Exited the pits
    • No penalty