StockCarRules.dll explanation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carlos Carvalho, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho Registered

"StockCarRules.dll":{
    " Enabled":1,
    "AdjustFrozenOrder":25,
    "AdjustUntilYellowFlagState":4,
    "AllowFrozenAdjustments":1,
    "Logging":0
    }

Can someone explain exactly what this values mean? (Besides the obvious Enabled:1)

Thanks in advance

2. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I believe lines 3,4,5 have to do with what happens when a caution is thrown, The frozen order means the cars can't race back to the line, the field is frozen after the yellow is thrown (Like actual current NASCAR rules). Not sure what the values of 25 and 4 actually accomplishes, Could be a number of things. Probably has to do with certain AI logic.

AllowFrozenAdjustments is kind of self explanatory, if the frozen field order can be adjusted at all during a caution period.

As for "Logging", I couldn't say.

3. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

We are working on a write up Help me file that we will post for all of this stuff.
    Hopefully it will be out soon!

4. redapg

redapg Registered

One thing i can add.
    It's coming from the InternalsPlugin.hpp File and it's the meaning of the Numbers that are used for the Line "AdjustUntilYellowFlagState"
    It's:
    -1 Invalid
    0 None
    1 Pending
    2 Pits closed
    3 Pit lead lap
    4 Pits open
    5 Last lap
    6 Resume
    7 Race halt (not currently used)

5. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho Registered

Thanks,
    that makes sense

6. Brent

Brent Registered

Does the FreezeOrder value in the rfm need to be set to 1 for the adjustfrozen order stockcar rules to be enabled? Does the rfm and stockcar rules work together?

Here's the line from the RFM. Do I assume 1 means it will freeze the order?
    A write up on these rules is WAY overdue. I've been the admin for a Stockcar league and since we started using RF2 this year every race has had some sort of penalty issued to a driver who shouldn't have got one. In our last race the lucky dog was given to a driver and then he was given a stop and go when the race went green for passing under yellow. We have had leaders not pit under yellow, stay behind the pace car the entire yellow and receive end of the longest line penalties with one to go. Guys have been in the pits on the lead lap and be told to be a lap behind the guy getting the lucky dog. Some support would be greatly appreciated. Our drivers are growing more frustrated with each race and we need this sorted before the end of the season.

7. guod

guod Registered

Agreed. I have a "horse choker" article done for every aspect I can think of, have encountered, and will release it to ISI for verification today that what I did is correct. They are expecting it and anxious to see it out there, so a few more days at the most. No, not "two weeks" either.

8. guod

guod Registered

Follow-up. ISI has my write-up to review for accuracy as of late last night. They want this out so it will be soon (as in days, not "two weeks").

9. Depco

Depco Registered

That's great to hear. Our league has been running a Stockcar cup and we have been finding it pretty frustrating to follow the onscreen directions only to be penalized or lose position for no reason.

10. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you provide more details please? When are you being penalized for no reason exactly?

11. Depco

Depco Registered

I have to look at the log... But one racer had been told to catch up with the pace car (+1.0). He did not have the lucky dog, nor was he being waved around. He was in 1st place on the lead lap. He went around as instructed and the end result is that he was a lap up on the field. Another annoyance is the Green White flag when finishing under yellow. Some racers get the checkered flag straight away and some have to complete a lap. Our last race on Sunday had this very thing. The race leaders ended up being listed near last due to this.

I had to go to the replay to figure out what the race finish should have been for points assessment. This is pretty annoying when it is not necessary in road racing. Granted the rule set is significantly more complicated in staockcar racing, but still.... ISI coders and programmers are very smart people. that is the reason that ISI has the best Sim on the market today. I just wish they could get this stock car raing rule set figured out. outside of the borked rules set the Stockcar content is an absolute joy to race.

If there is a log that would help you figure this out please let me know so I can send it to you,

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  12. Depco

Depco Registered

Also maybe it would be a good plan to simply have the race order set as the field comes across the start finish line.... I dont follow NASCAR so I dont really understand the finer points of Staockcar rules, but if everyone knew to race to the start/finish line it would bring some order to the chaos of a spin on the track. I have been being schooled in the Happy Hour Race League (Hi Fellas) so I am getting a crash course. I am bringing that knowledge to our League (Virtualsporscarracing.com). Our members are primarily GT racers so the stockcar racing is somewhat foreign to them. Any assistance ISI could bring to Noob Stockcar racers would be greatly appreciated. I imagine the soon to be published Stockcar rules write-up should help a bunch.

13. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Try it:

In order to take full advantage of the stock car features, it is recommended that users do the following:
    1) Enable the StockCarRules.dll and KnockoutQualifying.dll plugins. In single-player, this can be done in the UI Settings. For dedicated servers, operators will have to open the CustomPluginVariables.JSON file (in the UserData\player directory) and set ” Enabled” to 1 for both of these plugins.

http://rfactor.net/web/2015/09/25/rfactor-2-stock-car-build-1008-now-available/

14. Christopher Elliott

Thanks for the details,

Are you using Nibo's Log Analyzer? If you aren't, I recommend you install this and examine your log files, a few of of the Stockcar Admins in our Test Team have found this very useful. New logging was added to the results xmls (Build 1080) and Nibo has implemented this in the Log Analyzer. So now you can easily see who had what penalty where and compare it to your replays.

15. Brent

Brent Registered

Awesome, looking forward to it! Thank you!

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I was in the same race. During a safety car period I was told to catch up leader -1.0 laps) even though I was on the same lap with him. So I passed the safety car and the leader and drove around the track back to my position. That didn't change my position, but it was weird. There should be an easier way to enable stock car rules, why is it not enough to enable rules in-game :p anyway I had forwarded instructions to Depco so we should have had that covered already before we started our stock car cup, but I guess that needs confirmation.

It's been frustrating to finish 1st and then be dropped down in order, because rules not working mess things up. I hope it's as simple fix as enabling something that we haven't yet enabled.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  17. Depco

Depco Registered

I use the stock car rules when I create the mod. As far as I am aware that is the only place I actually need to make sure that the stock car rules are enabled.

We had knockout qualifying enabled for this last race, but forwarded through qualifying 2 due to numbers on the grid. I expect we will disable knockout qualifying unless we get larger numbers to join us.

18. Christopher Elliott

You need to go in your player folder and open CustomPluginVariables.JSON and set the following:

},
    "StockCarRules.dll":{
    " Enabled":1,

19. Depco

Depco Registered

And speaking of knockout qualifying, I still don't understand how The Knockout qualifying .ini works. To say it is an un-intuitive mess would be an understatement.

I certainly hope the documentation comes soon. Rfactor2 has so many options and variables available but unless you're a programmer it seems many of them are lost on the bulk of racers. Myself included.

20. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

It's nearly 2 weeks and not 2 days..........