rFactor2 Stockcar mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RonB2525, Apr 18, 2016.

1. RonB2525

RonB2525 Registered

Mike, we ran Richmond last night and things went just ok. Problem now is its freezing the field immediately when a caution comes out.
    That has to be turned off. You could miss the spinning car that caused the caution and the game tells you to stay behind that car.
    Thanks,
    Ron

2. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho Registered

Is there a way to delay the freezing a few seconds after the yellow flag?

Or does that have to do with the new values for the StockCarRules.dll

"StockCarRules.dll":{
    " Enabled":1,
    "AdjustFrozenOrder":25,
    "AdjustUntilYellowFlagState":4,
    "AllowFrozenAdjustments":1,
    "Logging":0
    }

3. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

You have to adjust the Plugin Frozen order Flag state.
    Be patient, We are working on some write ups on how to set everything up and make adjustments.
    Hopefully these Howto articles will help out the league admins on setting things up the way they want them.

Cheers,
    Mike

4. RonB2525

RonB2525 Registered

Thanks Mike that would be great. Did you find anything in the our vmod I sent?

5. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Nothing looked wrong other than converted tracks that could have had over written some of your settings.

6. Termite

Termite Registered

I'm glad someone brought this up, Does this mean it will be fixed shortly, man I sure hope so! The main problem we are having is AI lining up right during a caution. Example: Yellow comes out lets say I'm running 20th out of 40 drivers pits open I go in pits stop get fuel and tires, when I come out I'm being told to stay behind a driver that is 1 or so laps behind me. So I have to wait until he comes around the whole track which puts me a lap down. That's not right. I should be the last car in the pack. Unless I have a penalty.

7. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Does anyone actually have an RFM and a Custom Variable Json file to try pls????

8. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

That seems to be the big issue(in regards to AI) termite, I don't think the flag rules achieved much in the way of fixing the caution issues. The cars are already past all the flag states when the pile-ups/cars slowing to a snail's pace. As a test I tried changing the the number for the respective states and it had no effect on clearing anything up. The fix is going to probably elsewhere. For whatever reason, the current code does not seem to know how to sort guys out/reorder for the green flag.

9. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

That stuff is being looked at. Very difficult to be robust enough for offline and Online racing. I have confidence it will eventually work very well. Just very difficult to test all the different scenarios that can come up.

10. guod

guod Registered

The how to reference article (manual?) and sample rfms for StockCars and IndyCars are being checked right now. They'll be available in days (and no, not "two weeks"). ;)

11. machine

machine Registered

You are using AI in online races! There are major issues with using AI in online races. Even offline racing against AI is a pain at best.

I am also working on more SCE track conversions. Yes, they are quick, and not up to the lofty 3PA track standards, but realroad works, and the AIW works as it should. If only I could stop the AI from cutting corners.... (They hit the apron all the time)

12. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Adjust corridors to prevent cutting.

13. Elvis_FIN

Elvis_FIN Registered

Hello. We are setting up rF2 online Stock Car Cup, but are struggling with settings. Especially with number of full course yellow laps. Seems that no matter what we do, number of yellow flag laps cannot be reduced.

Now it goes like this:
    End of lap 1.....Pit opens for lead cars (lucky dog)
    End of lap 2.....Pit opens for all cars
    End of lap 3.....
    End of lap 4.....
    End of lap 5.....Double-file (wave around)
    End of lap 6.....Restart

We want it to go like this:
    End of lap 3.....
    End of lap 4.....Double-file (wave around)
    End of lap 5.....Restart

Or even like this:
    End of lap 3.....Double-file (wave around)
    End of lap 4.....Restart

Settings we are trying to change are:
    MinimumYellowLaps
    RandomYellowLaps

RandomYellowLaps has always been 0.
    MinimumYellowLaps we have tried 1, 2 and 3 (default).
    We have changed that MinimumYellowLaps in rfm and also in track gdb files without any effect.
    As a test we have successfully changed for example track pit speed limit, so we know our modification are done correctly.

Any help on this?

14. Elvis_FIN

Elvis_FIN Registered

Found it. There was also line ("YellowLapsMinimum") for that in CustomPluginVariables.JSON, which seems to have highest priority.

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  15. machine

machine Registered

Doesn't work. The AI will simply driver beyond any limit I put in. I can't move the fast line any further up. It wont be a fast line any more. But when two cars get side by side, one drives to the left of fast line, one to the right. The one to the left has his car almost totally over the corridor edges.