rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Lefteris Axiotis

Lefteris Axiotis Registered

How can one revert to a previous build? (not steam)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2016
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You can find B1052 in the Dev`s corner. I would install the B1052 in a separate folder.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Let's not make this thread into "how to revert to 1052", that's not a solution. Not everyone is having issues connecting.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Chris, maybe he have a serious problem, while racing in a league? I can`t see a problem, providing a workaround, till ISI have sorted out the problems?

5. JWE

JWE Registered

It may be not a solution to go back to build 1052, but it seems to be the only way for leagues at the moment to continue their championships. At SRVN.nl we have like ten hours to decide what we will do for the race tomorrow and I don't want 5-6 members to be forced to miss the race.

6. Lefteris Axiotis

Lefteris Axiotis Registered

You are right and i apologize. Its just that i am the admin of a major league, next official race is this Monday and i am anxious to find a solution asap. Thats all. And please dont take this the wrong way, but the correct statement would be " Not everyone having issues connecting, posts in this forum". The number of people having issues connecting is larger than the number of people posting in this forum.

P.S.Juergen-BY thnx for the advice!

7. Christopher Elliott

I understand you're trying to help, but you're jumping the gun a bit ;) There are other things to try before downgrading, because like I said only some are having connection issues.

Two things to try, depending on the problem:

1) If you can't see a remote server you put up in Matchmaker - try a +connect shortcut on your desktop. (Just because you can't see your server in the list doesn't mean you cannot connect to it.)

**How to make a +connect shortcut:

Navigate to ..\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher

Make a desktop shortcut for Launch rFactor.exe

• Right click the shortcut and put in the following in the Target field
    • "C:[YOUR PATH]\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" +connect [YOUR SERVER'S IP ADDRESS:HTTP PORT (default is 64297)] +password [YOUR PASSWORD]
    • Click that and it should open rF2 and take you straight to car select on your server.

2) Users connecting to your server get "password invalid" - physically remove all rfcmps from your server's package folder (DO NOT uninstall them!). (make sure and leave the RaceEvents/rfmods/vmods in the package folder!)
    IMPORTANT: Shut down all dedicated instances before doing this once you've removed the rfcmps from the package folder, reopen the dedicated instance(s).

8. Christopher Elliott

I run servers all week with testers connecting all the time from all over the world, I'm no different to any of you, so we should be able to find a way to get you back online, if you give me all the info on how you have things set up :) I'm here to help, not saying I know 100% what your issue is but I'll do my best.

9. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Just wondering if this works for non steam accounts?
    If so what is required for non steam accounts as sometimes it's a pain looking for the server you want.........In other words it would be nice to bring back favourites on the matchmaker page.....

10. Pits

Pits Registered

It seems all this "help" Chris has come after the revert to the old version, I've been asking for help for a long time and much has been said to fix the issue that " a few" have being having.

I see you appear to talk like you are from ISI but you have been very quiet before this Fix that I have been asking about so I can race.

Excuse my snarlyness (it is a word) here but nothing was said about this +connent shortcut up to me reverting.

Chris if you are just a driver like me then I'm terribly sorry and thanks for the help, if your not then the help has come a bit late really and I'm not in the best mood to receive it.

It may be no help to ISI but for me personally and a customer I now can race, tell me where this isn't good.

I only came back to see if people were happy now they can race and it looks like they are. I look forward to the update or being told off for doing it wrong ..it happens a lot :)

11. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Ive tested this build with HDR and LDR and it still cost appx 30FPS. For some this could be fairly significant. But for me the real issue is....I cant stand to "look" of HDR. To me it looks severely oversaturated colors almost to the point of cartoonish. Fortunately while it was a PINA I was able to revert to LDR. Just sort of sucks that it used to be as simple as ticking a menu option on/off!

12. Christopher Elliott

Well I need to first get a wider range of feedback before making recommendations, so sorry if this info comes later than you need it.

I'm not getting on anyone's case for reverting :) I'm just saying let's try some other things so you can stay on the current build, because reverting is not the blanket answer for everyone - and I don't want that to be the impression someone gets reading this thread especially if things can be helped otherwise.

13. jjcook

jjcook Registered

i have the exact same problem- steam client missing 1 league server

14. Christopher Elliott

There is "favorites" in the Steam Launcher Matchmaker, right click any server in the list and add to your favorites.

15. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Yeah thx Chris is there any plans to add the favorites to the non steam version????

16. stonec

stonec Registered

This was discussed before, but to make it clear there is no oversaturation with hdr going on since build 946 which was released a year ago. You must either have a wrongly calibrated monitor or you've been driving poorly made non-isi tracks, some of which were not built for hdr.

17. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

18. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Actual HDR process should demand 6 to 8% more FPS (than legacy LDR). Means getting more than 300FPS to get a 30FPS drop.

As for tones and color we are now in the under-saturated area because of the texture albedo processing and new tonemapper. Of course this applies to ISI contents.

19. sman

sman Registered

Hello
    Here same after new build lots of problems all time i get invalid password and games without PW tell me couldnt inmstall mod rtry manual install,
    done somethings that were advised above such as deletying packages files (in packages not in installed as written )

i know a lot off others not mentioned inhere also haing issues with logging into the server.

iam not on a steam account

update after following this here under my problems were solved GREAT , also strange never had this issue before new build

From another one of our drivers who was getting the "invalid password" problem...

Using ESET and I had to exclude it from Protocol Filtering, here is a link with instructions Adjust Protocol filtering settings to prevent computer disruptions due to network traffic scanning (4.x)

ESET Knowledgebase
    http://support.eset.com/kb2132/?locale=en_US

So even if people are not using ESET, maybe their antivirus is doing the same thing?

20. JWE

JWE Registered

The problem is that a few drivers are getting the message 'Data Transfer Timeout'. Since build 1080 more port are opened on the server and the Packages-folder on the server has been emptied (it contained a vMod, .rfmod). Those drivers can drive perfectly with build 1052, so I'm not sure what the problem might be.