rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

To add to my above post about my server not showing up, I also just tried to connect to other non-passworded servers and it says "password not valid"
    If your going to break you may as well do the whole job properly :)

I go through steam

2. stratman

stratman Registered

A friend of mine has updated to build 1080 and now he can't enter our server, always the message "Password Invalid", and the password is OK. If the server has not password at all he can enter without problem. What's happening? He's not Steam user. Thanks.

3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Where's the STM gone in the controls?

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Where are you not seeing it?

5. tpw

tpw Registered

I know it seems like a minor thing but it'd be great if the car gfx in the showroom were fixed. They have no shadows and no gloss (ie alpha channel on skins not respected). If you're trying to make skins then loading them into the showroom only gives you a bare idea of what they look like. If you're constantly making alterations then it gets a bit trying having to repeatedly load an actual driving session just to see what the skin actually looks like.

6. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

What is this? -"Added a separate thread to issue FFB commands which is needed for some drivers that block. This functionality improves upon and therefore replaces the old Controller.JSON value "Skip updates", but can also be disabled by setting the new Controller.JSON value "Use thread" to false."

Is there a way to get that skip updates function back?

7. Pits

Pits Registered

Thank you for that but in my case it did't work. Doesn't see my server locally

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Loading times increased too much after this build even loading the same track over and over again.
    Couldn't join a single server yet (Steam version)

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Guys there is nothing random with rF2 multiplayer it works to everybody if your firewall and router has right ports open.

UDP+TCP 54297
    TCP 64297
    UDP 64298
    UDP 64299

If you still can not join or host you can use CurrPorts v2.22 to find out which ports to use
    www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

Yes, build 1080 has a "bug", you don`t see you server in LAN and get missing component don`t work as it should, however if you have installed all components server is running you can join and play online.

10. Georg

Georg Registered

*bump* *important*

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

12. guod

guod Registered

Invalid Password Problem several are having....

One of our racers today had the same problem. We went through every conceivable thing we could think of. I asked him about his firewall and he said he wasn't running Windows firewall, but was using the one that came with his anti-virus package. He switched from it to Windows firewall and was able to join our server NP. As he described it, "My anti-virus' http protocol scanning silently interfered with the transmission of the server password." Hopefully our accidental discovery may lead to a solution for you guys.

13. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I don't know how's your definition of "pretty heavily" regarding FPS performance drop? Or when was your last try with HDR enabled? Yes, many months ago HDR was causing a performance hit, but this isn't an issue anymore since a few builds. HDR performance has massivily improved, and the FPS drop is insignificant.

14. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Even on a 970 I gain 10-20 FPS. I can imagine on lower capability GPUs that it could be even more significant.

15. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I'd prefer to completely get rid of LDR mode, even the .ini-parameter.
    Why? Because i've seen many players which are using "HDR off" in endurance/night races to get a much better visibility. I for myself see this as an exploit, because you get an advantage in visibility comparing to players with HDR enabled.

And what's the answer on typical questions regarding night racing (e.g "my headlights are weak" or "it's all too dark")? The common answer is "Turn off HDR". I hate it, because it's not an acceptable solution. LDR should be unavailable, so users can't use it as a "nightvision-exploit". And the argument with "bad HDR performance" isn't an excuse anymore since a few builds, because the performance drop is negligible.

16. Fekete Imre

Fekete Imre Registered

'Data Transfer Timeout' in the Launcher server browser. new windows10 installation, new steam installation, new RF2 installation
    View attachment 19793

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Before this build I cound join any server without problem. I don't want to know about ports, I want that back!

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

+1

19. Gerhard Gruber

Gerhard Gruber Registered

Sorry but what is that for a rain spray.
    Power but an extra wall in front of the car. :mad:

20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I wonder why was the testing of unstable builds ditched, wouldn't most of those problems be found and prevented before stable release?