rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

That did the trick Tim. Thanks. ;)

Strange though as I did a fresh install. :confused:

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Can't join any non-Steam servers with build 1080 Steam version it seems. I get an "invalid password" message for everything. Anyone else who noticed the same?

View attachment 19768

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Sorry Stonec non steam here servers i tried i could join but i have no idea if they are steam or non steam server.
    To me it seems i've got better performance.
    Had fun in the rain which was a long time ago, graphically it's still mweh but the feeling was great.

Thanks ISI

question: would it be better to let the game make a new player and controller .json? i have no complaints but don't wanna miss out on anything :eek:

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Still no idea why I can't join my own hosted servers any more...

Same here:
    [​IMG]

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Jeez that looks a lot different to my Match Maker? What am I doing wrong?

6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

That's Steam only.

I went View > Servers, still couldn't see my own server. But non-Steam clients could see it and connect successfully.

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Ah ok .thanks.

8. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

9. tpw

tpw Registered

Ability to save car class/track/RFM specific AI parameters. (Gizmos on track & car selection page. Global values still editable from session options.)

Can someone please explain how this is meant to work, because as far as I can tell it seems to have absolutely no effect.

For example, I get my arse handed to me in a Skippy at Mid Ohio with AI at 95% (opinions on my driving skill are irrelevant to this post :)), but get sick of having to adjust difficulty down using the Plugins/Difficulty settings. So I activate Custom AI parameters for Track/Car Class and set AI at 70% for Mid Ohio/Skippy. Proceed to race and get slaughtered again. Go to Plugin/Difficulty, set AI to 70%, and just about lap them.

Am I missing something here? Apologies if so.

EDIT: Hmmm, problem is specific to Skip Barber. I usually just race the first car in the list (#5). If I select this car and tick Custom AI parameters for Track/Car Class, none of the other cars are ticked. If I select another car and tick it, then the other cars are all ticked and will share the same changed parameters - except for #5. The system works as advertised for all the other cars I've tried.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  10. Alvaro Torres

Alvaro Torres Registered

Please ISI, fix the servers list for steam members as soon as you can.

11. Promag

Promag Registered

Is "sim processor threshold" no longer a setting in plr file?

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'm getting this when I DO NOT have the install mod beforehand... As in if getmod is enabled, it should download things for me, it doesn't it gives me the "invalid password" thing.
    Having the mod installed locally and it joins fine. What has been goofed up here? (non-steam server - joining with Steam-game)

Hotfix would be sweet... Not being able to use getmod is a killer...

EDIT: and of course the server isn't set up with a password.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Been waiting for this one, thanks!!!

14. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Sad to read this. I won't lie, it was the feature/fix I was most looking forward to. Hopefully ISI can tweak it for the next update.

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

So far, this is my favorite build yet. Really feels and looks nice. Thanks ISI.

16. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Yeah...not looking good. I did change the "AdjustUntilYellowFlagState" from a 4(default "pit open") to a 5(one to go) in hopes that it might make a difference. Also shortened the "threshold" for moving the slow car to the rear of the field from 25 to 15. Started a new race, have not seen a caution fly yet. I don't hold all that much hope, but it's about the only chance that I think there is.

17. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Great job ISI.

I'm racing in a custom championship and after the update the game ran great without any issues. So good job for that. ;)

18. Rafa Souza

Rafa Souza Registered

I am unable to connect to any server basically. If I put the wrong password it reports , but if I put the correct password it opens the game but nothing happens until " server connection failed " hopefully after about 15 attempts I can access the server.
    In the old way I could connect the server normally.

19. tpw

tpw Registered

Is it just me or has the slight greenish sky reverted to a more normal blue hue? Fantastic if so!

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Do you have the components the server is running? Getmod doesn't work, so your game can't download the missing components, therefore it fails... You can join any server running ISI-content though, as you have those components if you've subscribed to them through Steam Workshop, of course.

Trouble is, it doesn't even tell you if you're missing components or what components you're missing... It just fails or tell you your password is invalid.