Rfactor2 makes me so happy and sad at the same time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapala, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Since I upgraded my wheel from an old Momo to a T300, the full RF2 experience has been opened up to me and it's just an absolute joy. I've made myself a mini career and going through all the cars I didn't drive much before, and cruising around in the Corvette C6 coupe last night just had me grinning from ear to ear. I was just in practice mode thinking I was going to try find my best time, but after driving a bit, I didn't care about times, just driving that thing felt so damn awesome, experimenting with some drifting, I just felt like 'yeh this is what a real car feels like'.

So why did I then feel sad? Because although RF2 AI are incredibly good and I think the best AI of any sim, they're still AI and there is not the satisfaction of winning, that multiplayer gives you. Yes I know there are RF2 leagues (of which I'm part of one), but that's only 1 or 2 races a week.

So my sadness was wishing that RF2 physics were used in IRacing for the full A+ multiplayer and A+ handling experience and then realising how far away we are to something like that (if ever). I can't even begin to imagine how popular a corvette C6 series with RF2 handling in IRacing would be, people would be just blown away. The praise on the IR forums would be just out of this world and I'm sure there would be many new people flocking to try it.

Oh well, I'll just have my fun with RF2 AI in between my Iracing races.

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Maybe we need a some kind of system or just a separate forum thread, where people can leave requests about cars and tracks they would like to race online that day?

If someone sees a combo they also like and could host, they could put a server up and welcome others to join?

That being said. I volunteer to host the C6 Coupe tonight @ 20:00 GTM as a tryout if this kinda thing could work...

First 5 posters after me get to choose the tracks, 1 each. Remember to put download link for the track as i don't have get-mod working, and also say which layout of the track you want.

Well... lets see if we get any drivers this way. EVERYBODY Welcome!!!!

The Server name will be: C6_Coupe_1_night_stand

Auto clutch only, no other aids. preferable max ping 200ms, but i wont be kicking anybody if everything stays stable, and lag free. I have 100/10Mb connection so max players will be limited to 20.

Kel

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

It's too early for me but great idea Kel

4. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Great idea Kel, I will come along at about 9:30pm GMT

5. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Nice! any requests for tracks? you can suggest few as thre are no others yet and server will fire up in 2.5 hours.

see you there! :D

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Maybe one day another sim company will acquire the license to use ISIMotor 2.5 engine and become more popular in multiplayer. It's actually what happened with rF1; Race 07 and some other sims over time grew more popular than the original.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

Thruxton is awesome with this car.

Sadly league race tonight so not able to join.

8. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

This game is popular enough to make good online races imo. What i mean that there are enough people who play this sim.

It's just very difficult to find races because server and race event names are not exactly self explanatory about the mods and tracks used in the MP Lobby, and checking the mod and track by clicking join button is time consuming and doesnt allways say much about the mod or track used anyways.

Therefore a forum thread about "Temp Servers and Requests" where people can post the tracks and cars of the server he's is about to host that night OR wishes to be hosted by someone else, including download links and info about the tracks and mods, is what i think can make the mp more ALIVE. After realizing how small group of people ISI staff is, i know it's about us, the community, to make it happen, and i know WE CAN :)

Nice, i'll put truxton in the mod, thanks for the hint :)

9. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

10. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

11. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Your spot on about track and mod description used in matchmaker. Frustrates me no end. How hard is it for those hosting to make it descriptive. ??

13. Rapala

Rapala Registered

yes I've given those a go, but the multiplayer service of IRacing is just so much easier and convenient. I live in hope, that as stonec said, ISI can license the RF2 engine to someone who will make the ultimate multiplayer sim.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Would be very nice if this happened.
    Someone get this engine, update its graphics and DirectX version then start a service like iRacing. I think they could even be a base for some studios to work on. Let's say the guy that do this and start the service would make possible for Reiza to license and sell Stock Car Brasil season pack to this sim and take most/almost all of the profit from it, etc.
    Wouldn't mind to pay every month to drive online in this system