Not seeing other cars after joining multiplayer server. (intermittent)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by walruskart, Apr 3, 2016.

1. walruskart

walruskart Registered

Hello

For a while I have been having an issue where sometimes when I join a server on multiplayer it will load the cars and once the cars have loaded I can can't see the other cars and the track conditions may be different to what the actual server conditions are, usually after a few rejoins I can see the other cars. It seems that when I delete the shaders file I can usually join the server with-out issues. Sometimes I can just join a server fine.

Thank you.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

This is happening to me since a week.. Could not race with my league today because they are invisible to me but they can still see me. This usually happens a couple of minutes after joining the server. Then I have to restart the game and join and same thing will happen after a couple of minutes! My brother is on the same router and same thing is happening to him. Restarted the router twice but no difference,

When this problem occur, the game will usually say it's still warm up session (for example) when it is actually race session. So everyone else is racing each other while I think it's still quali and driving around on my own.

3. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Did you find a solution to that ? I had similar problem yesterday. Some time into the session on server all other cars disappeared to me and vice versa while online connection was still there (pings, timing etc.). It was first time such a thing for me in rF2.

4. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Two drivers from my league, have the same problem. After a few rejoins, the other cars appears. Any solution?

5. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

this happened to me, if the ping is unacceptable high, e.g. > 1000 ms
    try key 2 to see your ping when you are ontrack

6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Try deleting cbash and shaders folder in your rf2 folder. We had a similar issue in our league. maybe this helps you too

7. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Ping less 100 ms.

Try this... thanks.

8. Davvid

Davvid Registered

The culprit was the cFosSpeed software, at least for me. Uninstalling solved the problem. Check if you have such a program in your systems.