Trying to decide between base RF2 or lifetime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mog0001, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I never have trouble finding people to race with on public servers, and if you want to join a league the possibilities are almost endless.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Whilst league racing with 15 or so last night there where at least 5 other servers running the similar numbers if not more. Not bad for a Monday.. Especially in Australian time zone

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I would like a glossy full size manual too B.

Well let's get busy ! :)
    Get a team together.
    Put me down for "capture and crop" p

Lots of talented layout and typeset guys here I bet ( kiss butt ) lol

.and get ISI to write the prefaces. :)

Call it the rFactor2 Community Handbook. p

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Seeing how much you are around, I think it's a bit dishonest to say you never had trouble finding servers with people. The ISI servers are most of the time empty or at least not crowded enough for doing a proper race. Last I had a good time public racing with rF2 was around 2013 with the IsR Megane servers, those tended to be quite popular and I could join in almost every night with guaranteed attendance. There is no such rF2 server anymore. Back in rF1 days you could find a full Megane server even at any time of hour, now those times are long gone. rF2 online is considered a league platform these days and dominated by league servers.

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes you are right if you are looking how pickup racing is with anonymous eyes.

There are also too many servers with only one guy logged and often those servers have mod/game name`s which don't make any sense, 3pa track and non working get missing component. If you are new in rFactor 2 and are checking by using join bottom(race) which car or track are used you game (package folder) is going to be filled with rfm files. I would like to see rFactor2 lobby with bit more options to make it bit more easy to find pickup races.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Yes the old single driver server syndrome.. Recently I counted over 280 drivers online, 40 odd driving solo.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I for one had a public-server-online race nearly every day!
    OK, it´s not that crowded as in peak rF1-days but you can find some people at nearly every time of the day.

There are still too many people doing rF1..;)

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

There's absolutely nothing dishonest about what I wrote.
    I don't have trouble finding online races when I want to race, never have since 2013.

If I did have trouble, and if it actually was "dead" like people claim, I wouldn't have bothered with MP anymore.
    Fact is, it's far from dead, and I suspect that one of the biggest problems is impatience.

True, I can't expect to load up MP and within 30 secs. be sat on a 30 car grid ready to go.
    But to expect that would be a bit unrealistic I think.

Here's my typical rF2 online experience:
    Load up matchmaker.
    Typically I go for the ISIO servers, I pick a server with one guy, or maybe it's empty. Doesn't matter.
    I go on the server, start setting up the car, start lapping.
    After ~3 minutes another guy joins. I say hi and share my setup if he wants it.
    Then another guy joins, then another, and then another. Etc.

It's just a snowball effect.
    Typically after 10-12 minutes there is a decent amount of people on a server that was "dead" not long ago.
    Last time I went online, there were 15 people ready for the first race, 17 for the next.
    We had a blast for about two hours.

If you see an empty server with content you like, just join it and see what happens.
    That's what I usually do.

If no one joins servers just because they're empty at that exact moment in time, then what do you expect to happen?
    People should just race more, instead of talking about how no one is racing.
    That's the main thing IMHO.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Oh, there are definite lulls in the online activity. Europeans shouldn't have trouble finding activity, but North American evening-night hours are very inactive during the work week. Even so, it is possible to find races and open league events.

10. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

This forum is funny place with some funny people, Hexagramme your one of the funniest you should go into stand up mate! But I have to say your mate Associator is still top of the bill when it comes to comedy.

Not even me, a prolific ranter (and about these very same issues no less!) has got anything bad to say today about the multiplayer, because it a tonne better than it was. Races are happening, a good amount of people are playing the game. It's not exactly like on iRacing but it way way better than how it used to be, which was as dead as a dodo that died 200 years ago and is now in a museum and showing no signs of resuscitation. Your ridiculous Hex!

Because this RF2 multiplayer renaissance has only been happening for the last 9 months. And I hope it will continue, it seems to be sustainable so far.

But for you to say "I don't have trouble finding online races when I want to race, never have since 2013." is as absurd as it is dishonest. It's just lies Hex, just admit it. Not just lies, but ridiculous lies that can only be laughed at.

But I don't want to be dragging up past issues that are best forgotten to prove that, and I kind of resent having to spend my time stating what we generally all know to be true already, but as long as there are fanboys like you injecting these forums with total fiction I guess it will always continue.

11. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

And as for the the topic, life time means RF2 lifetime not your lifetime, it costs £9 a year ($14 I think) for MP access. I cannot imagine we will be still playing RF2 in more than 5 years time. So I would budget on 5 years of use and do the sums yourself, it's not going to make a big amount of difference either way I expect.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

clap clap :)

If I pay ISI for a few more years = more revenue = better for everyone ?

plain logic yes ?

So ? actually they should be telling everyone to buy limited.

lol

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No it's much better desperately trying to convince everyone that online is dead, calling people who regularly race online liars and delusional fanboys, and just generally spread poison all around the place. That'll increase interest and general enthusiasm, no doubt.

Keep it up, and one day you may just get what you're apparently wishing for.

14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

OP as been answered, so this thread it's basically another kindergarten we don't need.

Thead Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.