At ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Mar 25, 2016.

1. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

Culture series novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/49118-culture

2. Rocket123

Rocket123 Registered

OMG is that Toban track fun or what . AWESOME !!!
    Thanks for the hard work to all involved at ISI making the best racing sim in the world ...

;) ;) ;)

To Kill a Mocking Bird is also an awesome book to read and a great movie with Gregory Peck ...

3. Darren O'Brien

Darren O'Brien Registered

That may have been my post, I was just drawing attention to the 2 Articles at PRC and the SimHq one, About how they claim ISI was winding down and the demise of rF2.

I wasnt trying to cause or start anything, just thought you should be aware. I wasn't going to believe anything from the Trash.

I really love the Stockcars, prob the best going around.

4. guod

guod Registered

SimHQ Motorsports never did an article making a claim like that. One of the registered posters voiced his opinion in a thread. And it isn't "SimHQ". That is a different company and site entirely.

5. Darren O'Brien

Darren O'Brien Registered

6. wizzfactor2

wizzfactor2 Registered

I like slow, RF2 was going to fast for me, but seriously guys you've done a great job, words cant express how much I/we appreciate your dedication and the immense pleasure you've given to the sim racing community. Keep moving forwards and Rock on :)

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I'm very excited too what rfactor2 is now. I've tried all sims and for me rf2 does have a unique selling proposition and thats realism. the new CPM is awesome. I hope ISI will still (maybe with less manpower) embrace everything that enhances realism. and i hope realism sells.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't understand it.

Anyone ever mentions rF2 and another sim in the same sentence and uses the word similar to describe feel and physics I simply can't take seriously anymore.

Only small numbers have tried it, less give it enough time and even less again actually
    " Get It " ........ ie: suddenly become overwhelmed by physics nirvana. p

P.S

I have seen more and more people around the place commenting how they did not like rF2 now they have tried again and stuck with it longer and are hooked.

I never see the same kind of comments about the other new gen sims.

I don't see people never liked AC coming back to it with the same revelations.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
  9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Same with anything they perceive as difficult really. HATED Grand Prix Legends for a while, because I sucked at it. :)

10. djbob

djbob Registered

It is a certain type of person that ends up here I am sure. When things are hard to master (and you know that it is your own application that needs to improve i.e. a great sim) people are turned on or off at that point. Some people want something to master because it gives them a sense of achievement, other people want something to be good at straight away because it makes them feel good at things. I think we know the people here are probably the former. What I would love to know is whether the latter are missing out on something they would enjoy if they did stick with it, or are they simply a different type of person (the Unsaveables!)?

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

They are unsaveable if you present them with a huge tall and blank wall to scale. GPL proved that. Had they taken (or had) the time to introduce the graduated career mode, so people weren't trying to hop into some of the most difficult to drive F1 cars in the history of F1 right out of the box, more would have come along for the ride.

rF2 has a great selection of vehicles, right down to a kart, to provide a great experience for newbies to learn as they grow. But the UI and gameplay provides no guidance whatsoever to do this, so if you pick a hard car and track to start with (or that's what's in the demo), much more likely to fail to scale the wall.

Most of us here think of the driving aids as the antithesis of rF2, but clever packaging of those aids is one way to get people involved longer. But if you do that, there needs to be series or a career mode or something to hold their attention and provide "achievement" milestones so they have some sense of progress. Know any titles with these sorts of things in them?

12. Depco

Depco Registered

I think those who jump onto rF2 and are looking for a career mode or hand holding to work into the sim may be looking at this product in the wrong way. They are looking at this product as a "Game". This is not the case. It is not a "Game". It is a racing simulator.

In a "game" a person has milestones and targets to hit. There is typically a leveling system of some sort or accomplishments to aim for. There is a driving force pushing the user to continue to gain more accomplishments. In short, a progression system.

ISI has created a platform for which games can be built upon. rF2 is not in of itself a "Game". ISI is creating the rule set for the sandbox. It is up to other people/modders to make a product that has structure, achievements, goals, and progression. This is no different from rF1. ISI created an engine/sandbox which was sold to other developers. Those developers created the "Game" from the sandbox.

What is missing with rF2 is that the other developers have not yet created a "game" from the rF2 sandbox. With any luck there will be some soon.

If a person looks at rF2 in this light it is easy to see how the product has developed and why it was developed in the manner it was.

Food for thought.

13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

When rf1 came out I bought it. I played it about 5 hours and then removed it because it wasn't drivable with keys. Then about one or two years later I discovered the large community and modbase behind rfactor. I bought a steering wheel and bam....what a blast. I never heard of sim racing before...when the first rf2 version was public I bought a new computer and a new wheel. Now I absolutely love sim racing (especially rf2) but I haven't got much time to play it. But as often as I can I jump behind the wheel.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Same as ICE lol

Never heard the word before GPL. lol

They never ever used it to describe pCars or AC ..or SportsCarGT >>>> p

Just GPL and rF2

Nothing changed, rabbits back then, rabbits now.

Rabbit is slang for " talk nonsense " in case anyone is wondering.

15. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Just hoping the next patch addresses some of the Oval AI issues. I only reace offline for the most part, and have been a bit sidelined because of it. The green flagnuances are somewhat manageable but the yellow flag stuff pretty much kills any hope of completing a race. Hopefully I can start an offline season when this next one drops. That's been my only real speedbump thus far.

16. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I asked Tim about this in another thread and apparently a fix is coming in the next update.

17. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Nice! Thanks!

Fingers crossed it's ready to drop soon and takes care of it.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tuttle won't talk to me so I will pillar you. p

Things they can't perceive not through lack of understanding rather no interest.

Like I have never seen a thread on free-roam or exploring the possibilities for maps and terrain.
    It is not like people are not interested I have spent 100 of hours
    with lots of drivers online "Bush Bashing" ( *clearing, making a path or driving a vehicle through virgin bush. )

I got a buzz other day at San Paulo online with a un-named driver p and around 10 Ai.

Anyways we were "Hooning about" the rear of pits, ( behaving in a loutish way, especially by driving recklessly )
    I wandered over to the stand that has the columns, drove underneath and came to a stop at the other side.
    Wow, one of the best views from incar/ TV/cam circuit I have seen and heard.
    Start up 20ai '74 models and go sit there incar, you can see 1/2 the track just watch and listen people ;)

Another thing I really like are the reactions of dynamic objects on each other.
    Planning "stuff" with others seems to compounds effects compared to say a racing accident.
    I have seen some crazy things involving, multiple fences bales and posts defies description.

I got on top of Belgium pits and Longford bridge ( with help ) , you name it, if there is a way up it I will force it or die trying.

The other week at Toban online I watched in look back as a cone I had just clipped flipped about 10 feet in the air,
    cleared the following car, bounced off the next cars bonnet, onto the roof then the boot, sat for a moment,
    then slid off the rear of the car with the slope to be squashed by the next car in line and spat out somewhere.

Sure I know, I know, it is all about Racing and Motec, etc.
    For me it is simple rarely thought of things like above rF2 hides away that can make it shine.
    You just don't see and can't do anything like it in anything else I know. ;)

P.S. ProjectCars hay bales have the same dynamics as a brick. hehehe

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry, off Topic again but no less related to the future.

IRacing gets Dirty ! :eek: :cool:

Ahhhh.......imagine..........

'55 Dessenter with bars and some some showground ovals.

Then a session over the hills 'n dunes in a V8 Baja !

Yippee-Ki-Yay MF'er ! lol :p

My prediction: Dirt will be cloned like Historics in all sims and why not !

Surely AC and ProjectCars have the ability to make Dirt feel at least as good as Codemasters.

20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

pCars2 now has dirt and mixed surfaces and they feel pretty ok, Assetto Corsa also has dirt, rallycross tracks and cars (as mods), Automobilista is also here, LFS has it long time ago, RF1 too.. So yeah, dirt is pretty wanted :)