At ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Mar 25, 2016.

1. SauberC9

SauberC9 Banned

I am part of the "would like to see more" committee, but isn't that how rF2 somewhat came to be? Improvements done towards rF Pro that bled into something that became this commercial product.

I am in favor of anything to give a technical boost, especially access to data or knowledge that can be used for some very educated assumptions, for the development of cars we highly desire. And tracks.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, Pro is actually 'older' source than rF2 and split from rF1. rF2 didn't split from Pro. The arrows on here are still correct:
    http://imagespaceinc.com/software.php

3. Depco

Depco Registered

I think this is a fair question. However, as the "not rF3" project is still in early development I would expect ISI to keep mum on the program.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There is one thing wrong with that, the first rF2 build drove and felt as good in overall character as it does today. :confused:

People told me back in the day "it's a beta " and pCars and AC are " finished products"

AC and pCars were turds to drive then as they are now and all the "on-going development " in the world will never fix them. lool

5. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Even tough i haven't allways agreed with the developement steps of rf2, i have to say it has become an awesome product. All the cars feel very good with the latest build, and when the drivetrain model will be released, it's THE best sim driving experience you can get by far.

Im sad that things will slow down because i dont care for the 3rd party content besides few exeptions im not gonna mention here. But i hope in time, demand for more realistic mods will go up enough that mod teams will start to produce them, for us, few, who don't care for dx11/12, but only for the fidelity of the cars.

That being said, even if this would be (not saying it is!) the end of rF2, i have had so much fun with this game, and for the price i have paid for it, it can't be matched by anything on this planet.

I thank you for your hard work, and wish you all the best in your future endevours!

Thank you.

Kelju_K

6. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I'm in the same boat on this one, not sure if he is saying that's it, we wont be in any hurry to go further with it or its steady as she goes.

But I don't care really, its the only sim I use and has been since the original network beta test of Rfactor was around.
    I have Project Cars, it looks great but that's it, I have used it about 5 times I think. RF 2 is better!!!

RF 2 is a modding platform and there in lies the problem to me. There are some great mods like the Apex cars, the Celica, Pixsims Lola and the URD mods etc, then there are some great conversions like the excellent Flat 6. Hopefully the standard will be retained from Enduracers with the new mod.
    Then there are some so so and dodgy conversions IMHO.
    I'm sure that there are millions of people ready to argue this point but that's just the way I see it.

As anyone with half a brain could tell, the same goes for the tracks.

With the release of Toban and the Dissenter, I think ISI have released their best work to date. The feel of the car is unbelievably real to me.

So thanks to Gjon and the others at ISI because of a few minor tweaks, RF 2 is pretty much it as it is now, who needs raindrops on the windscreen any way lol.

You can ask all you want but in the end you can only use what's available, and what's available is worth using.

7. 88mphTim

I figured it out after checking the admin logs. There was a post removed that questioned some things (based on the post title, unfortunately it was deleted from the database), and this is a direct answer to it. I didn't get it at first either.

In any case, the original post was based on someone lying ON ANOTHER FORUM, who said he worked for an F1 team and that ISI had told F1 teams Pro was shutting down. The person didn't seem to know anything about Pro, and if you looked at his post history it was easy to see he was lying anyway (among other things, the qualifying in Australia made him almost stop watching F1 forever - yet he works in the sport?). He also claimed to be with a team I have good relations with that are nothing to do with Pro. Not to mention the fact that if ISI actually shut down, it wouldn't affect Pro, which runs out of another company that licenses our engine and retains us for work - when needed - based near Silverstone, UK. All complete gobbledygook.

But those who enjoy bashing developers, are still happily hammering away regardless.

Hope that helps make sense of it. I wouldn't have deleted the original thread and addressed it in there, but I didn't see it.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I get it tho I'd like to know because if it is Rogue then nothing really important to me (tbh.. a few things interest me outsite sim racing) and ISI reducing rF2 support will become something bad to me. Now if it is a racing sim I can get some hype lol

9. 88mphTim

Rogue System is named Rogue System, and is being worked on by DCI, which is really one guy right now.

10. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

I haven't read it, I'm into Literary and Science Fiction instead. I just read The Good Earth and Hyperion, what great books! Anyone got any recommendations like these, I need a new book.

11. Miro

Miro Registered

If you haven'ta allready , which I doubt, this one is a must read. The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Hmm it is Easter I would recommend Holy Bible :D

13. Promag

Promag Registered

Future Shock - Alvin Toffler

14. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Footfall!! Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle

15. bwana

bwana Registered

'rf3 ffs.' shoot who ever first printed those letters.

What we have now and have had for the last 4 years is THE best sim no question what so ever, its now more up to the public to mod more than ever. The whiners hopefully see it as the end and move on back too ah ,oh ,ah oh, thats right straight back here again for the best sim experience . Life would be so nice without the constant whining and whinging ,get out and race folks .

Thanks you Gjon and all the ISI team ,looking forward to the future..

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Please put some rain effects on the car's windshields before move on to the next projects lol :D

17. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I think that this is in no doubt the best racing sim atm, so much so that I'm good with the idea that development can slow down. I think ISI shouldn't make anymore cars or tracks. I think it's time they got a few of the other things the community has been asking for, like pit-crews & windscreen wipers and the small things that would make this the absolute best sim, there's plenty to read through from the thousands of posts asking for fixes.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

SS

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

Probably for the millionth time, haha.

Track artists don't code on the core.
    Coders dont create track art/models.

19. philman

philman Registered

+1000

20. bwana

bwana Registered

could always just spit on your spectacles.