Released 1974 Howston Dissenter Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 24, 2016.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Doing burnouts you can get the tyres to 900+ C

Alloy rims melt at that ( good job they are steel ) lol ;)

2. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I have to say that this is probably the best car I have driven in any sim. It feels like I am in the car! My only criticism is that I feel like there is too much longitudinal grip. I don't have much to go on other than 'feel', but I have driven a few cars with modern tires and 300 plus hp, and when I up shift into second gear and plant the foot there is endless wheel spin. In rf2, it's feels as if the back tires are gripping too much. IRL when you get it sideways, it's easy to keep the burnout going (provided you can counter steer), the rear tires feel as if they have next to zero grip and just keep on spinning. In rf2 the rear tires seem to regain grip (longitudinally, not laterally) too soon. I sometimes feel that the super grippy rear tires are pushing the front of the car around and making it dart around, when in reality they would just spin.

But this is just my perception.There have been times when I have messed with gear ratios and tried hard to control my speed and keep the car in it's power band through a corner, and that's helped a lot. As I've mentioned before it could be down to the fact that there is no feedback for wheel spin. I wish there was an option to turn 'wheel spin feedback' on in the assist menu.

Anyway, I am splitting hairs compared to how much this car dominates other sims :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You got to come and watch Hex lap in these in the 1:44-1:45 range ( San Paulo )

I am doing everything I can to stay on the road flat 1:46.

He just plays with it drifting at will, every turn and keeps the tyres under control . lool ........ freak of nature. p

I saw one reasonable site review on it at San Paulo and the guy did 1:48 flat best.
    Crickey imagine what he would think of the physics and feel of it lapping a full 3 seconds faster as Hex and others can do.

http://professionalsimracing.com/

Howston competition H .......drool

lol :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
  4. David Wright

David Wright Registered

5. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

I was just pointing out that, yes, there are real-life cars that drive as spinelli describes. However they drive that way because of where the weight is located and their inertia, and probably how the car is setup.

That 911 as produced in the HistorX mod (rF1) will drive pretty much exactly like the one in the video. VERY responsive at turn-in with a touch of mid-corner understeer.

6. fullsus

fullsus Registered

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

All about getting the line right and the prep leading into the corner. But if you get it wrong (which great driver he did not!) from the outset...

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Thanks again ISI for a challenging car! Raced Toban then an oval tonight online and had much fun.

9. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Thease thing are great I love the old school tin top stuff should be more of it. The only grip I have is the AI on ovals They are way to slow in a straight line
    :eg Indy @ 104% 20-30 kmh slower down the straight. The AI on a road course is almost perfect but crap on an oval
    CAN YOU PLEASE FIX ISI

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Give the AI a setup that allows them to reach higher top speeds.

11. GFraser1965

GFraser1965 Registered

Have any new skins been created for the Dissenter and posted anywhere? ............ links?

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Are they not the same as the user's default? They should be.

13. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

So I have to go through every AI car & change their set up too suit?? Well that's a bit #@!%$* up isn't it I should have to do that ISI need to fix the AI top speeds for ovals they got it right for ROAD COURESE
    CAN YOU PLEASE FIX ISI

14. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

+10

15. stonec

stonec Registered

There's nothing to fix. No sim as I know of adapts AI to player setup, rF2 is the only sim that even offers the option at all. There are many reasons why it's not a good idea to have AI drive something different every time you change setup. First of all AI is not driving the same physics as human, so it might actually become slower by using player setup. Secondly things like fuel usage, tire wear etc. might all be completely different for AI, so forcing them to drive what "you" feel best might lead to some very strange races.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I didn't mean identical set-up to the user, but one that allows you to reach approximately the same speed, particularly on an oval. If the default AI set-up has a fundamentally different top speed than your car, then ovals are not much fun. If the user changed their car to make it go faster, then of course you would need to offer the same to the AI. We're only talking about defaults here (at least I was).

17. Comante

Comante Registered

In an ideal world, there would be a tool that would adapt AI settings for each track, analizing both car and track to optimize it. Actually you have to do it by hand, for the oval issue I think one could simply change the gear ratio of default setup and then force setup to AI.

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Writing a post that others can understand .... CAN YOU PLEASE FIX MRMAR!

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think he's asking why he hasn't used the force car setup option?