does rf2 support 10320 x 1440?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dpeagle, Mar 23, 2016.

1. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

i cant seem to enable multiview with 3 acer x34 monitors. i was wondering if rfactor 2 supports this resolution? if it does could someone tell me how to enable multiview? at the moment multiview is greyed out. i searched online and found some have had sucess by unchecking hdr in video settings, so i tried that without sucess. any suggestions?

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Are you using surround to enable that huge virtual screen?

And please tell us more about your system. :)

3. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

thanks for the quick reply, yes surround is enabled. system: 4770k cpu, 16gb corsair dominator ram, 2ea asus matrix gtx980ti sli, corsair ax1200i psu.

4. Tuttle

Ok. I can't see anything preventing your system running that resolution.

Do you see that 10320 x 1440 resolution, available in the res drop list you have in the video settings? Asking that because to access multiview (after surround been enabled), you need to select that resolution in that drop list - because the game needs to know the res you are gonna use before telling you if you can apply multiview or not.

5. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

the highest resolution available is 3440 x 1440 or 1 monitor.

6. Tuttle

Ok. I guess this is related so SLI then. Gonna ask devs and back to you as soon as I've a decent reply.

7. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

thanks!

8. Tuttle

Quick questions; are you able to set smaller virtual screen resolution and then running the multiview? Or you are totally unable to run all surround resolutions in multiview? Also, are you running fullscreen? Can you run non-multiview triple solutions?

Just collecting more infos...:)

9. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

View attachment 19618

[​IMG]

Right click on your desktop
    Go to Nvidia Configuration
    Go to Configure Surround, PhysX (leave PhysX automatic in your case : SLI)
    And follow the Surround configure instruction. Note: can be tricky with the 1, 2, 3 screen order... :) and Note: I don't use multiview, i use a bezel corrected resolution)

It will create new resolutions to choose from and you can setup your windows desktop in tripple screen (not 3 separate desktops screens)

If the resolution you want is available in windows, then this resolution is available in any game....

10. Tuttle

I also think he didnt set surround desktop properly, first thing I asked, but he said surround is running. Maybe your screenshot will help!

11. Tuttle

In the case Surround is not the problem you could download the DirectX SDK and run the DxCapsViewer.exe.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23549

You should get a similar screen;

View attachment 19620

Check if the resolution you're trying to run it is present on that list. If yes, means you are probably doing something wrong with your rF2 video settings (or rFconfig), because if that resolution is there, you should have the same available in rFConfig.

If not present, please, post a screen of your surround nvidia setup and a rFConfig screenshot showing the resolution drop list opened. :)

12. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

hi guys, damn it, work got in the way of getting the important things done (getting rf2 to work). i wll check these things tonight and get back tomorrow. as far as other resolutions, their were 2 other resolutions available. i am not sure what they were but i will let you know. nvidia surround seems to be working fine. project cars works fine and the correct resolution shows up in game. again i will check these things and post back. thanks! dan

13. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

14. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I remember I needed to put all monitors on one card for surround to work properly. At least it was the case in my setup with 2x970, but you could try it too.

Also, looks likw you don't have all same monitors?

This is from nVidia:
    - Any combination of monitors that share common timings will work but if the displays are not identical this may result in a lower than optimal resolution, and each must have, at minimum, one DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort connector.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
  15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I am using 3x Acer Curved Predator X34 G-Sync monitors res. 10320 x 1440, SLI 2x 980Ti in rFactor2.
    To me it looks that you have driver issue. Try clean install with DDU and use GeForce Game Ready Driver Version: 364.51-WHQL.
    :)

16. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Set physx to automatic. You are basicly using 1 card the one with 1 screen.

17. Tuttle

I still see anything preventing you to run multiview. I still have the feeling something is wrong in the way you are setting the game (I also asked you to post a shot of the entire list of available res) because since you have a surround desktop working there is really nothing more the game needs to run on top of that.... I'd say to follow that WhiteShadow suggestion as extreme measure.... with a DDU plus a reinstall with a certified Driver, but if you have pCARS running on top of this virtual screen, again, I believe problem is not there.

18. Tuttle

We don't use physx. Not sure why this should prevent the game running on the surround. This setup is to chose the CPU/GPU you want involved in the realtime physx calculation (not used at all in rF2) and btw this task is always running on just 1 card, even if you have 3.

19. Tuttle

BTW, can you please do the check I asked yesterday?

If you don't want to install the SDK to debug available res per card, can you at least check this in the rFconfig? :)

View attachment 19623

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I actually had this problem once. Solution was to delete config.ini :)