Game freez's when players exit in MP B1052

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by kro388th, Mar 14, 2016.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi this has been happening in the last 2 builds . never seen it at all before .. we are seeing in all our events .. race is going along fine ..player crashes out ,exits server & random players get the 1-3 second pause ..enough to put you in the wall ... it has ruined a lot of our events ..
    I know its best if players stay on the server but sometimes this is impossible .. and it never happened in rf1 or in earlier builds of rf2 .. so what gives ?? any ideas ??

thx !

2. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Its also happening when players are joining the server in practice for us................ any idea's??????
    Like a Pause / freeze when people join or disconnect...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

We have the same issue with one of our league members. It's just him but i happens always to him with no exception. He crashed into 3-4 opponents this way. Can we send any trace logs to ISI of this driver to help solving this problem?

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

During Practice: this is normal. Because the new guy's car, who joined the server needs to be loaded to your RAM and to the memory of the server.
    During Race sessions this should not be happening: Because your opponents cars will stay on the server as "AI". So the car is still there for a rejoin.

server admins could monitor the servers CPU, RAM and Network status during a event.
    And monitor the FPS and data rate of the server. fps should be 400fps. Of it's lower you might have a CPU problem.

View attachment 19568
    [​IMG]

Also make sure your ISP can deliver the up and download speed you've set on the server at all time.

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

at r2p we have many many servers .. it happens on all of them ..and this just started happening more frequently since the last build ..

strange that its doing it when a player exits ...??

could it have something to do with v-skins ? ...... why would the server or client react to a disconnect like this ? as you said it simply keeps the drivers car as AI after exit .. ... but if that driver has a v-skin perhaps its causing the server to figure out wtf its supposed to save as AI ??? lol just reaching here BUT we need to get this fixed ..its a game breaker for us ATM ..

6. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Just check and all seems ok on server end maybe my personal data rate isnt enough????

7. McFlex

McFlex Registered

We don't use v-skins in our league so i don't think that this could cause the issue.

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thanks for that info Mcflex !
    So its only 1 player for you guys ...?? same player .. SO can you tell us what kind of up/down settings he uses in network ? and also his connection type ? Cable, ISDN ? does he have a standard install or a steam install ??

We also have been suffering from some huge lag in our larger races 18-25 players .. the servers have plenty of bandwidth .. what we did was to have all the clients seeing huge lag adjust there rf2 network settings to 400up/400down and all the lag was gone ..

We don't have a clue as to what's causing the exit freeze ..

I wonder if it has anything to do with steam clients on with non steam clients ... all this started happening around the time steam launched .. but could just be coincidence .. ;-P

9. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I can tell you that I am not using a steam install it just started happening with current Build...... But I am going to try a new install this weekend

10. WilsonSantos

WilsonSantos Registered

YEah, it's hapenning. Please ISI, fix it!!

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I think one thing ALL players need to do is to check there network settings ..

Out of the box rf2 wont search and find your conx type ,you have to set it .. in fact it defaults to LAN !

In 90% of our league connection issues this has been the culprit ..

I think a lot of players just never think to even look to see ,they just launch the game, find a server & play ..

With all the deferent player types and languages we have these things can go un reported or un known and chocked up to bad net code when its not ..

The new influx of steam players is a perfect example .. I have seen a lot of players fix there on line issues with the game by setting there bandwidth properly in rf2 ..

12. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Still happening, checked my internet connection settings, all where appropriate. Player left server and game froze for 2 seconds. When I came too I was a place farther ahead almost hitting the driver.

13. kro388th

kro388th Registered

This is affecting our league events for sure .. It happens when a player crashes out then decides to exit = we get the freeze .. then someone else crashes into the wall or the player in front ect... But its only when certain players exit ,it dosent happen every time .. I see it mostly coming from players with slightly higher pings that are cross continent from the server .. our server is located in the Midwest of the US. we have lots of players on the other side of the world . In most cases when I see one of these players has exited that's when we all get the freeze = "PLAYER XXXOOOXXX HAS LEFT THE SERVER AND HIS CAR IS IN THE GARAGE AND HE SCREWED ALL HIS BUDDYS WITH EXIT LAG WHEN HE LEFT" ..

Again IDK WTF is causing this as it was never there before .. My gut feeling is some players simply install the game and hit play especially STEAM users never even checking there network settings . last time I did a fresh install rf2 defaulted my network settings to LAN ..

BUT This never used to happen ! so wtf is going on ??

do the ISI devs even know of this issue ?

try to do event with 12 to 25+ drivers and you will see it happen ..

I seriously think this all started happening after STEAM came into the picture ..

BUT again wtf do I know ..

14. Matthias Weber

Matthias Weber Registered

Hello, we have the same problem, some drivers (only a small part of the field) experience massive lags, when a Driver is Leaving the Server.

I couldn't find any solution via google/forum search, so i try to renew this thread.

We are using current Build 1098

It's no Server Lag, because only some drivers are lagging, most of them not. fps of the server are very high
    In our league with almost 40 drivers, we had the problem on the last race as seen in this youtube coverage:

https://youtu.be/6fIbWoNLX3w?list=PLIiWsizPdg7Y_FWdtJZSbm-p4ukvKqVPh&t=3393
    Time Index 56:15 to 56:50

https://youtu.be/6fIbWoNLX3w?list=PLIiWsizPdg7Y_FWdtJZSbm-p4ukvKqVPh&t=3620
    Time Index 1:00:18 to 1:00:30

https://youtu.be/6fIbWoNLX3w?list=PLIiWsizPdg7Y_FWdtJZSbm-p4ukvKqVPh&t=7609
    Time Index 2:06:49 to 2:07:05

I hope there is a solution for this.
    Sincerly, Matthias Weber

15. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered