Renault Megane Trophy v1.02 - v 1.45

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by MISC-NL, Feb 10, 2016.

1. MISC-NL

MISC-NL Registered

Please keep V1.45 on,

More eyecandy in the new version but the handling and driving is not better and certainly not improved, it does not make me smile like the 1.45 version.

2. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Hmm, I actually feel the opposite, I like the new v1.02 better. I can lap around the same in both, the back end seems a little more twitchy in v1.02 but haven't driven a lot of laps yet or tweaked the setup other than tire pressure. To me v1.02 also feels a little more alive - FFB wise with the same settings. I don't have a need for v1.45 anymore. Both good though.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The 1.02 is probably more realistic
    I liked the 1.45 better though :D

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The old version did let you get away with some - quite frankly - pretty ridiculous driving.
    It wasn't nearly punishing enough to drive, and you could go crazy with sideways moments etc. without the tires responding realistically.
    Way too forgiving, which is probably also why it was so popular online.

With the new CPM, the tires act like tires should act when pushed beyond their limit.
    That is - I would imagine - what most of us are looking for in racing simulator, realism. Not just what makes us smile.
    Steep learning curves, lap after lap after lap, slowly learning how to master a given car. That's the real stuff.
    Not some kind of insta-gratification - which you can get in any old racing game.

This is something else entirely, and the new Mégane is a perfect example of how a sim car should be IMO.
    Fabulous force feedback, and such nice handling.
    I won't be revisiting the old Mégane after having driven this, that's for sure.
    To me, this car is an improvement in every regard over the old one.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Absolutely, it's just the conservatism speaking :)

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Because we have to use up as many virtual kilobytes as possible!

(and break Durges balls (lopl and such))

8. MISC-NL

MISC-NL Registered

I drive a megane in real life and if it would drive like this mod i would sell the car immediatley, i would suggest drive in a real megane for once.

To me it feels now the same as an assetto corsa mod with that twitchy back and slips away like there is no weight in the back of the car at all. FFB feels way overdone, but it looks good thats about it, the only wish i had is let the V1.45 exist and not include it in this new 1 pls.

9. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

As you sure know you can't combine a street car to a race car. The trophy cars are very different. Maybe the logo is the Same as on the stock version. But that's all. I had the chance to drive a Opel corsa cup car a couple of years ago. The car is pretty near stock to keep the costs low, but anyway it was a big difference.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Which Megane? Megane Trophy, the race car, like in the mod?

11. MISC-NL

MISC-NL Registered

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Dodging the question, my guess would probably be you drive some kind of street legal Megane.

By the way, what are the videos supposed to contribute to your point?

13. MISC-NL

MISC-NL Registered

Maybe when you open eyes and ears you can see the real cars on track behaving perfect, no understeer, accelarating strong through corners etc. hear the sound, see the grip.

Prediction: off every 10 drivers starting a race with this mod maybe 5 will actually make it to the finish, happy racing !

If you think this is perfect , good for you! Have fun :)

14. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Well, everyone is entitled to express own opinion. I was hoping for a normal discussion but without arguments, it's hard to discuss :)

15. MISC-NL

MISC-NL Registered

Read: To me it feels now the same as an assetto corsa mod with that twitchy back and slips away like there is no weight in the back of the car at all. FFB feels way overdone, but it looks good thats about it, the only wish i had is let the V1.45 exist and not include it in this new 1 pls.

need more arguments ? ur welcome thanks for reply

16. lamo

lamo Registered

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense at all. You want people to see the grip by hearing the sound?
    And what car are you referring to, saying yours is driving differently?
    These are mid engined, high downforce,rwd cars weighting next to nothing. You got one of those?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

17. Emery

Emery Registered

You can have both versions installed and operating as they're different classes in rF2.

18. peevee

peevee Registered

Maybe you should play with the setup - detach ARB front back to start with

19. gkz

gkz Registered

U drove a megane trophy in real life ? Than u should tell a lot more about the handling of this car!

20. Icarus

Icarus Registered

Just drove the Trophy II for the first time and was shocked at how bad the FFB is. Love the Trophy I, maybe the best FFB out there, but the II....I don't understand why it feels so bad. The FFB is notchy and harsh. Driving down the pit lane feels like I'm driving off road (not exaggerating), and on the track feels like I'm driving on a cattle grid.

I turned the FFB down to 75, which helped a little, but I lose any sense of understeer and grip. Any tips on how to fix this would be appreciated.