Renault Megane Trophy v1.02 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Portugal GT has MEGANE_FAST path and the new version uses it. Portugal GP does not have the extra Megane path. I haven't looked at the AIW, so don't know how the car-specific fast paths differ from the standard fast path.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Every single racing path almost always needs some kind of smoothing/adjustment at pit-in and pit-out, where it branches from/to the PIT path.
    Even a small kink can cause a big slowdown with some cars, depending on how fast they are.

3. Frenz

Frenz Registered

It's amazing how much of a difference all the new code makes for this car which hadn't been updated in awhile. I never picked up on the rearward weight distribution before but now it's extremely obvious and can really punish you

4. redapg

redapg Registered

One Question: why is the Version Number 1.02?

The last was 1.45, which is "higher" than 1.02.
    Wouldn't it be better to name the new one 1.2 instead?

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The headline of this thread seems to missleading ;)

IMHO these are two different cars, M2009 (ISI_Renault_Megane_Trophy_2009-v145.rfcmp) and M2013 (ISI_Renault_Megane_Trophy_2013-v102.rfcmp)

6. redapg

redapg Registered

I need better Glasses... :D

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Drove them on standard setup on two tracks, Sebring and ISI Portugal, nice little cars, easy and fun to drive.

Thanks ISI.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks Tim. :)

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

not only you need better glasses..... 1.2 is still lower then 1.45 :D but like someone said, they give it a new "buildyear" (don't know proper english word here), should be simular as the FR3.5 which introduced a new version of the car (2014?) while also keeping the older online (2010).

10. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Yeah, this naming convention is confusing.

I wish they would have called it v2.0 or something along those lines.

11. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I'm feeling ignored :D or was this the wrong place for reporting/asking!?

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

With the upgrades - others (including me) don't have that problem. You can try uninstalling the old version and see, if that helps.

As for the car not beeing centered - what exactly do you mean by that? Camera targeting more at the back of the car? That's on purpose - gives people a better feeling of what's happening with the car, when using swingman camera for driving (keyboard/gamepad users, I presume).
    Spinner uses that camera too.

EDIT:
    If you feel FFB is too harsh, you might want to use more FFB smoothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
  13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I think the internal sound is not touched, neither the external, is that right?

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yep, seems to be the same files.

15. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

OK, my mistake! I was thinking that the updates change anything visually but they simply don't do (e.g "Endurance kit, contains center lock rims (for faster wheel changes)..." says the Endurance upgrade, but the upgrade only change the TireTime-parameter. Rims with center locks are available but not via upgrades though.) :D

Regarding the not centered car: I'm using the swingman view regularly but don't like the offset towards the back. There are other mods and even whole games which don't have this offset for their cars and in my opinion the driving from swingman-view is much better there! Anyhow I think this is a crusade against windmills and in the end I'll lose xD

16. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

This is now my favorite sim-car... car, yes.

First night I was worried of how different the car was compared to the old version.
    But as with so much else, you soldier on, working on adapting to it and boy has it paid off.

My favorite thing about it? The tyre. By far. Why? It is still a slidy car (like the old car) when you over-drive it. When you over-drive it, you heat up your tyres unnecessarily, which will slow you down in the long run. This is where drivers with compassion towards the rubber underneath, ultimately connecting them to the road-surface, will smile more throughout the race, and especially towards the end of it.

If you, like me loved the old version and (short) of perfected a setup for it (and your style) it will shock you, getting into the new rendition of the car, you'll be sliding where you think you shouldn't be - high-speed kinks for example. You'll be outbraking yourself where you think you shouldn't be and thereby over-drive the car. The new default setup has some differences, you have to pinpoint those differences and rectify them. For example the 75% brake-pressure was a shocker for me I was outbraking myself in places where I would brake and easily make the corner in the old version. As soon as I saw that I turned brake pressure at least up to 93% and I was again able to make the corners, braking the same placesI did in the old car.

I've learned to lift a little bit through or just before fast kinks as well, all very briefly and minute, which helps keep my rear in place. To me it's ALL about not over-driving and heating up the tyre surface, because if you do that you are likely to enter a viscous circle (in the heat of the moment) where you aren't getting the grip you expect from your overheated tyre surface and therefore will ask too much and will start scrubbing even more.

17. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

I agree on all of Bjorn's impression. This car has such an incredible depth to it. You can feel al the small slides through the ffb, at least I can with my T300, and it's all about balancing on that edge with steer/throttle inputs without falling of it, because once you do and have heated up those tires, there is hardly a way back while maintaining some good pace.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

18. peterchen

peterchen Registered

+1
    Really great depth, great feeling and boy you can do so much wrong with this car!
    But if you do it right, it´s sooooo rewarding, so satisfactory!
    And: it´s the ultimate indicator (for me at least) if I´m in good driving-mood, or in a bad one!
    Been able to lead a race by far and could easely do 20 laps and remained 90% or so of tyres.
    Today: bad day! Overdriven, couldn´t get the personal balance and destroyed the tyres in 3 or 4 laps, because driving like a maniac!
    Unbelievable machine and unbelievable experiences!

But pleeeeeaaaase, fix the AI and make a better external sound in a near update! :eek:

19. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

I just had a good 1.5hrs in this car. On the default setup, my initial impression was "Oh wow...this thing sucks rolling through the apex onto corner exit". Felt like I had to park it to get it to go around the corner and *any* hint of adding throttle would result in instant under-steer. After going down on the diff preload the condition got better. After disconnecting the front ARB and tinkering with the spring combo (softer all around with more taken out of the front than rear by one-click), the car got better yet. My last adjustments were one-click less toe-out in the rear and a bit less air in the front tires. Car is still very sensitive to throttle application and must be driven 'neat and tidy' to extract the quickest lap times. But, you can be a bit more aggressive with turn-in.

I'm by no means "alien fast", but started to running low 1:39's at Portugal GT to an ultimate fast lap of 1:37.7. Able to run low 1:38's in my sleep without traffic.

I didn't really get into damper settings, as I couldn't find the .HDV to come up with motion ratios and weights to plug into my suspension analyzer. I had a LOT of success with other cars by setting rear ride frequency/stiffness slightly stiffer than front and low-speed damping set at 60% critical damping rates.

20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I also like that the external sounds draw a much bigger distance now. I think this is a step in the right direction. I added some generic hall effects from the soundcard to give it some enviromental echo. Now the external sound isn't that artificial anymore. I hope this will get build in by default at some time in the future. It adds a lot.