Manual gearbox with clutch cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maniac618, Feb 7, 2016.

1. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Hi all,

I'm after some rfactor 2 cars that have fully manual gearboxes. I recently got the thrustmaster h pattern shifter and have the fanatec clubsport v2 pedals and so want to drive around like I would my real seat Ibiza in real life.

Can anyone point me in the direction of their favourites or ones they know of? They can be mods obviously, but I'm after ones that need manual clutch for up and down shifts.

Thanks.

2. Depco

Depco Registered

Any of the classic stuff, f1, f2, f3, howston, brabham, cobra. They are all good fun.

Frankly, the clutch system in rF2 is not as well developed as i think many of us would like. But you can drive any car with an H shifter. Just remember to turn off autoclutch. And don't forget to heel and toe on downshifts.

3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Plus you need to edit your player.json to turn off auto blip,auto clutch etc

4. gkz

gkz Registered

not only the clutch system. I also miss a downshift protection on new gt cars like in real life. Even AC/iracing have this... this pretty bad for a sim like rf 2

5. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

It is something... But yeah, it's bad. Come on! Should be a top priority. Would change races and make people drive more proper.

6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

You can shift from flat in 6th to reverse and you don't suffer gearbox damage. 'nuff said.

8. lbird

lbird Registered

Can't agree more. This is one of the real immersion breakers when driving old machinery in my opinion. I want to feel bad shifts, i want to be punished when missing the gear and want to hear the tranny grind. It is really that important when driving manual cars....

9. Jego

Jego Registered

Was/is there any news on this issue?

The forum search is not very helpful and google search still links to the old ISI forums, so it's hard to find any info on this.

Thanks

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

That is MOD dependant, 'nuff said :) (well, your engine will die, not the gear box)

11. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Just as long as it still allows you to shift down in cars that don't have 'downshift protection'. I was playing AMS recently, and it stopped me from shifting down, which for me was a huge immersion breaker. Even though I was driving a fully mechanical manual, it made me feel like I was driving a semi automatic. It's very possible IRL to shift from say 5th to 2nd with a rev match (though obviously you run the risk of over revving your engine or getting compression lock up).

I once accidentally shifted from 5th gear to 1st gear on the highway, I got the fright of my life and the engine was bouncing of the rev limiter like crazy, and I was lucky that it didn't do any noticeable damage (I believe they call it a 'money shift'!). Point is in a fully manual gear box nothing is stopping you from 'money shifting' if you get the rev match right. The sim should reflect this.