Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peevee, Feb 5, 2016.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

You can greate/start dedicated server in rFactor2 with working get missing component in case somebody don`t have 3pa components you are hosting with 6 clicks, out of the box, takes only few secs.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I'm taking about creating/starting a dedicated server though an api/calling the dedicated app automatically and not through its UI....

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Whats the point you use 2 clicks more when you join your server?

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I think you are misunderstanding. We are not talking about any users or user interactions. We are talking about a software application which is unattended and unmanned and which automatically creates rF2 servers and starts them....

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Your posts makes me to believe that you are not aware that rFactor2 has dedicated server prototype which is easy to use and there is no need to create mods/packages. You can simply start dedicated server prototype from rFactor2 launcher type admin password > click ok > choose cars and tracks > click add > click start and dedicated server is online with you specified vmod which you can join true MP lobby.
    ISI has also created new package download system which makes it easy to your friends to download all the missing components your dedicated server is using. You can also use the vmod created with dedicated server prototype with regular dedicated server in case you like to use same car and track second time.
    I feel this is "easy peasy" to pickup racing. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate for taking the time to give feedback. What you said above is nice, can it be done without any human intervention...just through coding? :)

Cheers
    B1K3R

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes but there is a bug, you can not edit options, weather, aids etc. However you can use dedicated server prototype to create vmod and use that vmod with regular dedicated server, edit options and when you are using dedicated server prototype second time it uses all the options which you edited with regular dedicated server:)It is bit annoying and I hope ISI is going to fix this problem, dedicated server prototype is great future if it is working like it is thought without any hickups :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Ah ok wow, that would be awesome :) I'd love to know how if you care to share :)

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Start rFactor2 go to options and tick box to dedicated server prototype, then just lunch server from rFactor2 launcher.

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Sorry got lost in translation and was forced to edit my post :)

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks, will try it out :)

12. elbo

elbo Registered

this thing screwed up my player.json file.
    no matter what I do it reverts my nick to my real name so I can only play online with my real name.
    uninstalling simracing system still hasn't fixed it....ugh

13. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Change your name here
    %appdata%\.rfactor\rFactor.name

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Dedicated prototype works as I did explain in my post # 45, there is no need to any kind of hacking.I rely don`t see any point to simulate this through a command line or api.

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Dude, we are talking about system automation here! ...do you think iracing staff stay clicking buttons every time they want to start a server? [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

17. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I don`t think it is relevant how iracing staff is starting they servers, it is totally different online platform. Could you explain how it is possible to choose car, track etc. without clicking any buttons? Do you like rFactor2 to be online all the time and when you are playing it?
    As I see it when you are using Dedicated Server prototype the only way to make it more simple is to make it to work inside of the game (true api) and all this just to save two mouse klick`s which you must do now when you are joining the server now. Sorry to say this but I can not see any point to implement Dedicated server prototype to api.

18. Henrique Alves

Henrique Alves Registered

Hi Guys,

There is a new app for rfactor 2 to work with SRS.
    Just extract the zip file from the forum into rf2 root folder and run \srsrfactor2\srsrfactor2.exe.
    Login, goto race and register a session before the last five minutes, when the counter hits the 3 minutes, join button will appear.

Also, if you want to check if everything is ok, you can select Support>test App.

Steam must be running and the game rf2 and the launcher must be off.

Rf2 has races every hour, 4 series running: Flat6, Skip Barber, Civic BTCC and Dallara.

See you on track.

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Hi there,

I'm surprised to see that SRS has given a go for rF2 in the past.

I wonder if it is reasonable to expect for rF2 to get another chance in SRS, especially as playerbase is roughly 3x larger now than it was in July 2016.

I also wonder whats up about upcoming multiplayer/competition system + new UI of rF2, would it make no need for SRS, or perhaps would make it even greater and more flexible plugin.

Personally, I'm quite a big fan of SRS, and I would like if rF2 could have SRS series, at the same time as it would have it's own competition system, perhaps even have it combined somehow.

16 438 enters in the SRS driver rankings. At this point SRS is very influential in simracing.