ISI OPEN Servers

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We currently have 5 open servers running 24/7.

- If you're using the Steam version of rFactor 2 and are Subscribed to ALL ISI base content in the Steam Workshop, you should be able to join any Open Server without downloading any further content.

- If you're using the non-Steam version of rFactor 2 you may still need to download content, this should happen automatically when joining any of the Open Servers.

General server settings are:

• 60min Practice
    • 10mins Qualifying
    • 20mins Race
    • Driving Aids: Fully allowed on Server 3 and Server 5.
    • Driving Aids: Partially allowed on Server 1, Server 2, and Server 4
    • Weather conditions are Dry/Overcast
    • Real Road Preset is set to TestTeam_Medium rubber (Except servers running Oval content, these are set to "Green")

*Note: You may vote to advance any session or to add AI.

If you have any issues joining or any other feedback, please comment in this thread.

Have Fun,
    and GLA

2. vitto

vitto Registered

was it not better to decrease the laps in longer circuits? at least for the race
    RF2 according to the fuel, calculates the laps, but not the time.
    calculate the correct amount of fuel for a specific race time, I think it's just a further complication for the new arrivals.

I do not understand but I adapt

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

If you need accurate fuel calculations, use TrackMap.
    It shows you exactly how much fuel you've got left, both laps and time, plus it adjusts automatically if you start using more or less fuel during a race.

4. Justy

Justy Registered

That's true Hexagramme, but I think Vitto has a point about keeping things simple though. Not everyone will have the TrackMap plugin, nor will they necessarily want it, or know about it, to download it. I've been playing rF2 for about 3 years now and have never used it and have no desire to install it. The point here is that someone totally green to rF2, will see the official ISI servers and can jump straight in, without having to fiddle around with car setup and go racing, nice and simple. :)

I have found myself doing that, even now....and consequently ran out of fuel in one race I tried recently :eek: (think it was the DW12 at Silverstone) and I wasn't the only one in that race, to splutter to a stop, with one lap still to go. People are expecting quick fire, pick-up racing when they join the ISI servers, in my opinion.

Of course, all this is irrelevant, if nobody actually joins these servers.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No it wouldn't because all races use the same settings , laps , time , wear rate, time of day etc etc

Do you want people doing 10 laps of every track.

45 Minutes at Belgium for rookies in my room do not last one lap.

To what end ? What does it accomplish ?

30-40 minute races are for serious or hardcore people, that is why we have Leagues.

Use the plugin or do what I do ..run 10 laps and divide it into the Litres used.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  6. vitto

vitto Registered

hexagramme thanks for the courteous manner in which you offer me a suggestion, however, that I did not ask, but I have just expressed my opinion about the current configuration of the server.
    I'm new in RF2, but does not mean that I started driving with RF2, I know in any case how to calculate the required fuel.
    without wanting to offend anyone regarding the various plug-in, I do not like to use them, too often creates problems

your best lap are impressive, congratulations

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Vitto, cheers, I can understand how you feel about it, and I can see both pros and cons with having either timed or lap races.
    I just think at this current time having timed races is the best option, because few rookies (or other people looking for quick pick-up races) will think a 40+ min. race at Spa is reasonable.
    About 20 mins. seems to be the limit for most people when doing public server racing.

I also understand that not everybody wishes to use plug-ins. I also try to keep it to a minimum myself.
    A rough manual (and safe) fuel estimation isn't too hard to do, and you can jot down the numbers for future reference.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Ran the Fr3.5 2010 at AMP and had to download Apple, download using getmod was atrociously slow , was quicker to source from forum . not sure if there is an issue ?

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Musta' been me being discourteous ?

" ...........just tellin' it like it is "

No thanks for DD :(

lol

10. vitto

vitto Registered

mostly ignore some people with whom you are dealing, in the sense that: on the server while driving Durge continue chatting on the chat, to give advice that no one asks, do exclamations, you managed to cause two accidents to me, remember?
    and all this is annoying
    with these behaviors as a person can expect to be taking a liking?
    You want to help others? fine ! shows them how to drive when they ask, if they ask, and maybe not on a public server in which they are connected at the same time other users who only want to race in peace between real gentleman rider, it was only this I thought I find when I registered on this forum and I started to run on these public servers.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

...and for more accuracy use DashmeterPro, because this tool is using 2 decimals, where TM is using just one... ;) Wich could really make a hughe different, calculating fulel consumption, especially on longer stints/races.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Is it better if we just drive around by ourselves in complete silence then, no chat, no joking, no nothing?
    Come on, lighten up a bit, it's public server racing, a small community etc. etc. :)

Durge is among the most helpful and good hearted people I've come across in any game community, he's helped a ton of rookies on his server, myself included when I first started driving rF2.
    If it wasn't for him I'd probably still believe that Les Combes is a 3rd gear corner in the F3. :D

If anything he has helped public online racing in rF2 become more clean, because his advice is actually very useful.
    If you're not interested in advice, just ignore it.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

And after all its his server... Called rookies.. Get it ?

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And even if he does offer help outside of his own server, what's so awful about that?
    We've seen an influx of new drivers lately after the Steam release.
    Isn't it better to welcome those with open arms and offer help, instead of silently just watching them skid off into the ditch at every turn? :)

If someone offers you help and you don't want/need it, just politely decline.
    It's that easy.

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Well, I don`t see the problem. Game has red button right side of chat box. Use it and no chat is visible when you are out on the track :)

16. Miro

Miro Registered

servers down apart from S3

17. Justy

Justy Registered

I never knew that! :eek: Learn something new everyday. Thanks! :)

18. peterchen

peterchen Registered

+1 LOL!

That happens when theres no documentation!

19. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thanks, all servers should be back up.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Eau Rouge is 3rd, Les Combe is 4th hex :mad: >>>> loool ;)

Yeah turn chat message off easy fixed. I remember the 2 incidents I was between doing 3 things, I said soz. ;)

He caught me on a bad day was 39C sweating, Bi Polar mate, i had a few obstinate rookies today p
    I tell someone 10 times to draft directly behind the car and they wander around like
    a dog with a bone then take the wrong entry line I tend to get ......" On me !!! One me !!! " hehe

Or telling someone calmly for 10 laps at Belgium at Les Combe " ....okay now 5th gear don't lift for 4.5 miles just steer in smooth ..trust the grip " ................and for 10 laps every turn they lift. lol

"DONT .. #%$@ ...LIFT !@! " hahahaha p

I remember first post 4 years ago ....F3-Rookies is for newcomers and Pros a like when they bored to come and do some laps.

Nothings changed, I still use the same questionable room settings.

Like with flags how you supposed to do donuts or show people how to do a 360 from Belgium river or race the train line at 100mph
    or play Cops at Longford ? lol

=============

Back on topic, why Not Make the Eve-Spark room all formulas ?

I am sure we are all mature enough to pick what to drive at race.
    When there is enough a mixed class race now and then could be fun and downright hilarious. hehehe
    When there is 1 they can drive what they like

That way only need 1 server/mod for 7 cars , throw in the BT20.

Gives the added opportunity to test and record times for some or all cars in practice.

Also lumping the AC Cobra in with the Howstons, they all have headlights, I heard worse ideas. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016