Ready to quit and I never even started yet

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by IndyRacerNick, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

It would be also interesting to see to tire temps and the steering inputs.

2. IndyRacerNick

IndyRacerNick Registered

Thanks Gui, I will try this out along with what EaglemanGT has suggested. It does not have to be 270, but thats what I am used to racing with on iRacing. I dont care what setting it has to be as long as I can get this to work out in the end.

Thanks EaglemanGT, I will be sure to make changes to this once I get home from work and sitting in the cockpit.

As for the green track, I was not running it green. I have been doing progressing, saturated, and medium, all work a lot better than green, green racing is like racing on ice on open wheel. No grip and impossible to hold the line. Although I still cant really hold the line through apex to apex, its better than green. Just need to make fine tunings to steering and all that stuff, and it doesnt help that there are no setups available for this car, im sure that has a factor to play as well. Will keep you posted on my results this afternoon.

Playing with a slideshow? What the heck does that even mean? But if you found something others never then I will take your word for it and get this fixed up.
    I will drop all my settings down until I get a FPS of 60 no matter how garbage it looks

For Wishmaster and bwana, is there a way I can display both the same time? I can do a quick video showing the tire temps and showing the steering/pedal inputs for you to view. Thats if its needed after I made necessary adjustments from the comments above. But if I can enable both input and my temps I will do it to get this figured out.

Thanks a bunch for your help guys, the support community has be a great help so far and I want to also send a thanks to @rFactor2 on twitter who has been offering help as well.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Well, maybe you have to accept a garbage look when your GFX-card can´t keep up.
    What graphics-card do you have?

4. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

You can show your inputs (steering, throttle, brake, clutch) when recording from a replay file for example.
    To see the tire temps you need to toggle your hud info (display in the right bottom of your screen). But i dont know the default key.

5. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Definitely make sure you are at minimum 60fps. Also make sure your CPU isn't maxing out.
    Any sort of stuttering will effect your ability to maintain grip. For me i had this problem and it turns out I had some background process running and stealing all the CPU resources and ffb was out of sync as a result. Eventually I found the process that was eating it up and disabled it.

The next thing is if you get some understeer and try to power through it, you are torturing your front tyres. In the next turn you will suffer even worse understeer and the effect will become worse and worse until your tyres come back down to optimum temps.

Hope this helps. Rfactor 2 is a Phenomenal sim once you have it running right.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

If you run 'track map' plugin you can set it up to show all temps at once (brakes, engine( oil/water) and tires) this will show in recording .As wishmaster says HUD in game can give same result but just either tires or engine or brakes , not all at once though.

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It is a problem to help if we don't even know some computer specs, the important stuff is left out of OP's PC Profile. It must be fairly strong, OP states running 3 monitors, yet that tells us nothing.

8. johnny_tsunami

johnny_tsunami Registered

Looking at the video I would say car setup needs adjusting; left side tire temps are barely 100 right side 200-220. Only getting about 2/3rds the traction you should have.
    Then looking at steering input I would I would say do less with the wheel, do it sooner, which just means looking farther down the track :)

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

wow, serious jonny? That´s what I would call "beating a dead horse" LOL!