Updated Stock Cars v1.04 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2016.

1. !4_Roy_Wynn

!4_Roy_Wynn Registered

I have checked every thing even found some mix up on track versions so I uninstalled old versions to prevent this but when trying to setup server I get no mod selected ? any thoughts.

2. Steve Lampke

Steve Lampke Registered

Thanks for all your hard work and the rest of the team

Thanks for all the work on the on the Stock Car Mod V1.04, I drove it last night at Alabama Superspeedway, and the default setup was very driveable,
    I have put up a server in that mod called "Cactus Racing", I have 2 rFactor accounts, the server is running on a non upgraded to steam account.
    I plan to keep it up for the NASCAR season and try to match the real tracks with the ones we have so far and ones to come.
    I am hoping the problem with with seeing accrual racers on the servers will be fixed soon, so I can get more racers coming to the server
    I would appreciate all the help you can give to fixing this
    Thanks,
    Steve, Cactus

3. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

We had some issues with this in our race earlier today. We knew about the issue with the veh files, so everybody deleted their old custom drivers and made new drivers from alt skins in from the v1.04 cars. Problem is, only about half of them worked. The other half were kicked for not passing the vehicle filter, or something like that. We double checked the .rcd files and the cars in question were referencing the correct veh files. Is there any other place we need to look to get these to work?

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

5. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

Just wondering when we'll be getting the "Caution Clock" rule added to the stock car plugin. I must insist this wonderful feature is added in the interest of realism ;)

6. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

Wasn't the caution clock just for the CWTS? IMO it is the dumbest idea to ever hit the track and HOPEFULLY does not find its way to the upper series.

7. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Yes it is only for the Truck Series and I agree this is the dumbest idea NASCAR has had in awhile. If they want to allow more adjustments then they need to just make the fuel tanks smaller and have green flag stops. With this rule they will not get Green flag stops in the truck series. I see it going away pretty fast in my opinion.

8. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

I hope so Mike, but only time will tell. As long as it doesn't make it to the top tier before they realize it is lame though.

9. Traveller

Traveller Member

The top tier relies on cautions for "debris" to control the races, so the "caution clock" isn't needed.

10. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Registered

What I don't understand is that if they wanted shorter stints of action, why not just do heats and a feature? Would have the same effect and would add in an element of drama without the gimmicks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Question to the NASCAR rules experts :
    In real life, is the "LuckyDog" asked to gain his lap back at the beginning or at the end of a caution period ?

From what I read here and there it should be at the end (last caution lap). However rF2 asks the LuckyDog to pass the Pace Car during the first caution lap and it may be the cause of issues.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Did ISI implement wave around rule yet?

13. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

[TABLE="class: waffle"]
    [TR]
    [TH="class: row-headers-background row-header-shim"]46
    [/TH]
    [TD="class: s4"]A. After the yellow flag is displayed and/or the caution lights are illuminated (yellow), the first eligible (Highest Scored) car, one (1) or more laps down to the leader at the time of a caution period, will be given one (1) lap back. The car must maintain a reasonable speed (what determines a reasonable speed will be at the discretion of NASCAR Officials). The eligible car must pass the caution vehicle when directed by NASCAR Officials in order to gain the lap back and will restart the Race as described in sub-section 9-9E(5). Unless otherwise authorized by NASCAR Officials, the eligible car can only add fuel on the designated lap. [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Nascar usually sends the Lucky dog around at the beginning of the caution period.

Wave Around car are sent around with 1 Lap to go.

14. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Yes, still doing some league testing to make sure it always works like it should when that situation arises.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Nice, works for road courses well too?

16. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

yes it should if rules plugin is turned on

17. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Ok, Thank you.
    Does he have a time limit to pass the cars ? Would he loose the benefit of the freepass if he does not pass, say before the end of the lap for example ?