Opinions on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. unknwn

unknwn Registered

If you read my post it's exactly what bothers me with rF2.

On the other hand the lightning, shading, smoke, shadows and similar effects are a bit behind the competition especially when you consider graphics/performance ratio.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What is so funny ..... lol

That more then not people take me literally, when I talk figuratively

Better then always talking metaphorically, making comparisons then stating two things which are very different actually have things in common. :p

Sorry nothing is common to ISI physics for me and you can take that any way you like. ;)

As far as suck goes, having no F3 update in 4 years sucks, having 3 cars /colours, gaps in rims, bad windscreen sucks ( thank heavens for community team ) lool
    Having road wear linked to drying line sucks, no HDR night sucks, some session settings being fixed between tracks sucks, not having the Historic tracks after 4 years sucks, it sucks when the Ai do something silly out of the blue.

So rF2 can suck too... literally.

But does any of it bother me ? ;)

-------------------

spam :p

I do not know why I get such a hard time only thing I ever said about AC, pCars and Dirt are nice ? lol

I always said of all those tiles ..... " great visual sensory audio immersion and ambiance, models, layouts, UI's, etc. etc. "

Dirt I called the best rally experience to date.

Just because I think they all fall down a little in physics which in it's essence is more important to me should be irrelevant to anyone else.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
  3. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Just thought I'd mention this because of the talk about rFpro a page back:

Source: http://www.rfactor-pro.com/about.aspx

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

http://imagespaceinc.com/software.php
    http://www.planetmarrs.net/rfactor-full-steam-ahead
    http://steamcommunity.com//app/339790/discussions/0/610573751160274820/#c610574106424826109
    See more here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Physics-(1-4)?p=410407&viewfull=1#post410407
    and here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Physics-(1-4)?p=410438&viewfull=1#post410438

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
  5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Now we all know that you feel that rFactor2 is great game and so do me and many others too. Could you now give us your Opinion on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4). Please try to do that without pasting 1000 links. Thak you :)

6. Travis

Travis Registered

Could not agree more! Tim has stated in these very forums if people want laser scanned tracks, buy the sim it's from. I see on a forum member's FB page, AC's Spa has been converted too 8(

As for AC's physics, they aren't as 'thorough' as rFactor 2 however AC isn't without merit. In the end, it's up to the end user to run whatever suits them best.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Has anyone else driven the Ferrari F2002?

8. Maug

Maug Registered

It's his right to reply to others wether you like him or not.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Thread is: Opinions on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4). I like to get his opinion about that not bunch of links about rFactor2 and rFactor Pro as reply. Has nothing to do if I like him or not and if I don`t I put him in my ignore list.
    I simply like to hear hes opinion about AC. :)

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

And I see isi tracks, 3pa Bathurst for example in AC. No matter what anyone feels its never going to stop happening, and apologies if you are not referring to my page but if you are, I know nothing about the laser scanned Spa, just screenshots have been shared on there. Personally I would love to only post permission only / scratch tracks but it would be a very slow page :)

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

So you are saying that "I would remove the illegal content on my site, but it would hinder my social media hobby."!? Let it be a "very slow page" you git. :rolleyes:

When Sector3 (then SimBin) took the big hammer out about their content being converted, **** got serious. Maybe that's what is needed from other devs as well.

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Git is not nice. Tbh I try not to post illegal content, however a track like Oulton Park for example... Updated to rf2 from some obsolete toca game from donkeys years ago, yes its illegal, its from codies but come on ! Right at this moment in time I'm chasing 2 original authors to gain permissions for 2 tracks desperately missed in rf2 that are ready to release and updated to rf2 specs in every way. When I get called a Git for the work I put in, it makes me feel like closing the page and walking away, it takes 2 clicks to do it..... Just become a rf2 user and hope for the best regards modding and content like many others.

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Please don´t close it!
    I like your work and your page (and many others too!)!
    Thankfully not all users are modpolice-officers.

14. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Well said. [emoji16]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Absolutely ridiculous.
    Grow up.

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Don't bother with guys like him mate... they also use this stuff after all doesn't matter how much they deny it

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It is his page on FB, not connected to rF2 and he doesn't post anything about the material here. Any dev or modder has an issue, and contacts him, it gets taken down. I have seen it before.

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Considering how Niche sim racing market is for anything above the realism of Forza or Gran Turismo series, I would rather try to protect it, than exploit it. Each game that is being considered in the category of racing/driving simulator by you folks, is being made by a small development group. ISI, Reiza, Kunos, Sector3... all these devs sales put together do not reach the market share of one single popular games weekly sales, that's how tiny a market we are talking about.
    Why would you want to potentially damage the core that your own hobby stands on?

Take Indianapolis and ISI for example: How many hours went into making that track, how many dollars does that come down to, how many people end up using that track?
    Now an average pc user with some knowledge of 3DS max can take that work, convert it into any game from the previously mentioned developers, and share the end result, and all those dollars and hours spent for free.
    End user will get a kick out of it, "free stuff" right? How does that affect the developer? Are they encouraged to make more expensive, more time consuming, more in depth projects, or just end up out sourcing the work to these hobbyists and pay for the licence if the result is "ok" enough.
    It would be very nice to hear how that actually affects the product that has been stolen from, but I doubt there is actual data about this matter for racing sims. Who would study such a thing concerning this minor virtual entity of sim racing.

As a fan of their labor, I personally try to keep myself in 'scratch made content' only, and if there is a track in rF2 that doesn't exist in Assetto Corsa, then I drive it in rF2.
    Either you are for or against theft of intellectual property. Simple as that.
    Again Personally, I cannot tolerate any distribution of stolen content that might ruin even a moment of my favorite hobby devs day. The thought of this fragile field of independent devs having to go back to using unlicenced "fantasy" content because people do not know how to appreciate what they have, just pisses me off. Hence, you distribute or advertise such endeavours, you get called a git.

http://www.wipo.int/wipo_magazine/en/2014/02/article_0002.html
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3546/hey_thats_my_game_intellectual_.php?print=1

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  19. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I get where you're coming from Golanv, but I don't agree.

Essentially what you're saying is you buy a music album, but you can't play it in public, because it is the work of the original artist.

I have bought all the sims available on the market, therefore surely I can use them how I like. If the games were free, I could maybe understand a bit more, but I have paid money for a product, and it is now my product to do what I like with.

I funny understand the sensitivities of posting ripped content on an official forum. That is foolish. Also selling content again is morally wrong.

But there is no crime in editing or changing something which you have bought, provided you don't start trying to sell it.

Also Facebook and the associated groups are private, or should be. If you don't like it, you don't have to be part of the group.

Christ, I've modified my car in real life, I don't expect Toyota to stop making cars because I have changed their 'original' work.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

All right, unless the artist forbid the partial use and/or modification of his work. I think it's in their right to do so.