Opinions on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

@Gonzas just read/listen Kunos interviews. Some stuff will NEVER appear on AC. They just don't want it. They use the "hardcore sim racer" bs excuse all the time. They aren't trying to make AC a sim, plain and simple. Their interviews and reports is what made me disappoitned with AC one week after I bought it in early access and this is being reflected on the game. The fact that they created a generation of "sim racers" that has graphics as #1 priority makes this very clear, and this is why they are so mainstream.

2. QUF

QUF Registered

You're spreading major disinformation :p

Apart from my first line, that isn't why people liked AC in the beginning and why still like to use it nowadays. It was because of the driving simulation. Graphics and sounds do help. And so you need a good mix of everything. You can't just say that certain sim racers aren't sim racers because they prefer a game that has good looking graphics over one that hasn't. They are sim racers because are indeed using a car driving/racing software that was made for simulating how a real life car/race car drives, generally on asphalted race track.

If sim racers really have graphics as no1 priority, then AC wouldn't be popular and everyone would be driving cars on PS4's DriveClub game.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Keep telling yourself that, won't make it true tho. :)
    Anyway this is waste of time, Kunos already stated AC will keep being a hot lap game and won't change their way. AC fanbase will continue to look like a console forum, soooo if people could keep it out of here would be very good. Nuff said.

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

5. QUF

QUF Registered

For you is a waste of time because there's only so many things people can come up with. I hotlap, I practice, I race offline, I race online. How is it just a hotlap game? If games like rf2 have a richer customization for simulating different regulations and ways of organizing a race, and AC is more limited on that part, but I can still race vs AI or vs human players, it makes of it a racing game. Clear as water argument. When you enter the subjectivity domain of expectations vs reality/promised, then yes you can get disappointed.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Do you also sell bibles? I smoked mine and didn't get to finish it yet.

As Saabjock said, play what you want, nobody cares.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

haha the usual behavior
    [​IMG]

It's fun guys, thanks :D

8. Joe

Joe Registered

Interesting....sure there must be some truth behind the survey. We just cannot deny it.
    In terms of physics, I think the rF2 tyre model is superior. You can visually see tyre deformation in the game to compare both games. Ofc, you can play the tyre tool to see too. rF2 to me is pretty "realistic":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se10lenTxTo

while the AC is not the case. I see tires seem not properly touch the ground and see no such deformation visually.
    In that survey, most people might not use DD steering wheel or people just did not weight too much on comparing FFB feel between them.
    I played both games since started, with my 3DoF motion rig all the time. The AC was pretty bad before (in all aspects in terms of physics -- subjective feel), but recent builds improved considerably. Can AC future tyre model catch up rF2's, we need to wait to see....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  9. Domi

Domi Registered

The visual representation means absolutely nothing. And AC tyres don't have visual deformation, at all.

By the way, looking at your videos, other people might not have a DD steering wheel, but you are incredibly far from driving close to the edge of the cars. I don't know which thing is more important when judging the handling/ffb/whateverelse of the cars.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1

11. Joe

Joe Registered

Are you absolutely sure on this or you guessed?

you seemed to suggest one can only judge physics between those two is to drive over a "limit". This video showed some sliding state. You do not need to go over spin-off though.
    BTW, I did all the time on over limit.....it is not that easy handle at limit on motion rig just like real car. Oversteer and understeeing, and sliding is common way for me to try....nothing special per such argument.

Again as I say, 1) rF2 FFB is far better feel (to me more "realistic"). 2) rF2 tyre model to me is better 3) in grip state, car dynamics of both sims are pretty good, hard to tell which one is better. 3) at limit or transitioning to sliding state, I do not know which one is better since I have no clue of real car behavior, I am not a real drifter neither slide real race car before.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  12. Domi

Domi Registered

Totally sure. The tyre can go "under the ground" just like in rF1, but that's not real 3d deformation. The important thing is that vertical/lateral/longitudinal stiffness properties are there in the physics engine.

You can judge whatever you want.

13. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

When Assetto Corsa first came out i bought it and enjoyed it. Then something changed and i didn't like it, just couldn't feel the handling. And now it has changed again and i really enjoy driving it. Up there with rFactor 2, R3E and Stock Car Extreme which are my usual racing sims.

Maybe there will be one sim that will bring balance to the force in the future... but who knows

14. RNelson

RNelson Registered

How can we ever hope to achieve world peace when we cannot even let people enjoy the racing sim of their choice ....................

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

yeah yeah whatever

You like Project Cars , Assetto Corsa , whatever ............. good

I could not give a whoop whoop lol ?

Go enjoy whatever you like ? !

wtf !?! :)

Your types problems is you simply can't tolerate anyone does not agree with the majority........

World Peace, seriously.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I see AC goes console

Will go the same way as Codies and SMS, these that make console end up forgetting that they make PC sims for a minority. :p

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I hope now there will be no more distractions and they return to tackle some key things from the game on PC. It can't be that netKar Pro will be a better sim. It was such an excellent base, drove quite ahead of rF1 too.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Did Codemasters and SMS with all the money from consoles make their sims any better ? , I do not think so.

I don't think pCars 2 or whatever they call it will be any better for it either.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If you look at their track history, there was nothing to propose an improvement for their PC games. Neither did they have titles catering to that field (CM's last being Colin McRae 2.0), nor had PC as the focus. SMS had 2 Need for Speeds and a Test Drive game.

Kunos comes from PC and from a sim racing breed. NetKar was fantastic for the little thing it was. nKp drove, looked and felt incredible especially when not broken (v1.03). Ferrari Virtual Academy supposedly pushed the nKp base even more. Kunos joined Papyrus in the realm of sims, then SimBin and ISI made-up the rest of the tiny mix (RBR doesn't count as it was a one-hit wonder).

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What has CM done for PC physics, all the Race Drivers and Grids, F1 2010 to F1-2015 , the Dirts ?

What we get Dirt Rally, sure fantastic visual and immersion nirvana but come on be honest, okay I will say it, the physics plain suck.

Ever since Toca Racing they have lost the plot.

and SMS I was just talking about the console money from ProjectCARS, they need to hire a new guy with fresh approach to engine and physics. Gjons don't grow on trees but...... at least I don't think they do !@! .... lol

It makes business sense in the end, you have 2 models one model makes a heap more money, what do you put resources behind ?

ISI Consoles would be the death of physics. Gjon could put his feet up slap out sad saggy arsed semi sims all day long. p

Say ....." sad saggy arsed semi sims" 3 times quick. p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016