Opinions on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I think in v1.4 they took a turn in the "simcade" direction. I have noticed that some cars just have way more grip than they should (like the lotus 72) and are way too grippy under throttle (you can just floor it out of a hairpin and not spin out). Also, I notice a Codemasters F1 effect where the more you turn the wheel the more grip you have, and maximum steering lock gives maximum grip PERIOD, which is very arcade, and is more suitable for controllers than wheels... (It really infuriates me to see someone set a WR with an XBOX controller :rolleyes:) That's how people have times in RSR that are 10-15 seconds faster than they should be, because if you really take advantage of the unrealistic physics you can FLY. If you drive in a realistic manner, you have no chance.

I remember a couple versions ago it was almost deserving of the title "sim" but not anymore... How is someone allowed to create a competitor to Forza and Shift and call it a "sim"? It's false advertising and an insult to real sim racers.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Oh please not this again....

3. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Oh boy... this can't possibly go well...

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

5. Miro

Miro Registered

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-2015-and-beyond.115468/

Explain to me how a sim gets highest ratings ever from apparent knowledgeable experts , then has four major updates including physics and Ai

:p

They going to release another 40 cars, 3 more DLC probably ?

Won't make it drive any better. lol ;)

lool ;)

You know the funny thing in all these compares this VS this .................I have never ever heard a single one of you explain "what you feel".

It all comes down to quoting statements, some data, comparing laptimes or stuff like it's too dear or it looks better.

Where are all the "seat of the pants" observations............ the attitude, interia, chassis, tyres

7. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

At that time, it felt pretty damn good. Problem was, the average idiot couldn't drive it, so they had to make it easier to keep up sales. On top of that, they charge more for DLC... It's all about MONEY and PROFIT these days. Money trumps all else.

Well, if the average gamer using an XBOX 360 controller can match real life professional drivers, then it must be accurate, right? Jesus.

I have to say ISI, thank you for putting big profits aside to give us one of the few authentic racing experiences out there. It's a rare thing these days. :p

"Kunos Simulazioni" or "Kunos Porticato"? LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  8. stonec

stonec Registered

iRacing is on version 6 of their tire model, doesn't make it "not sim". Progression is normal and expected as the devs learn more.

I'm not sure which version you are comparing to. One thing I suggest is to never use "Optimal" road grip as it represents some fantasy ideal conditions apparently. FFB has steadily improved from v1.0 to v1.4, it doesn't have ridiculous strength self-centering anymore and feels pretty good most of the time. Physics I would say are on average moving to right direction, cars with v6 tire model you can feel the cold tire effect etc. (some cars are still on v4 tire model, I think the Lotus is one of those). Still not as good physics as in rF2 or iRacing but better than pCars and R3E imo.

9. QUF

QUF Registered

Don't confuse car or game physics with tire properties values, or the tire model in itself. The significant changes we've seen thus far since 1.3 and 1.4 were about tires, not about car/game physics.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd have hated to have seen rF2 not receive any more updates since April 2013.

That's exactly how Kunos was advertising Assetto Corsa. They had journalists drive real cars and drive the game. Folks wouldn't shut up about feel.

Exactly. Plus the way the FFB communicates the car to us. That is not to say the game isn't without fault, as it still has missing core elements that are bugging certain modders and users.

11. QUF

QUF Registered

Which core elements missing? Mainly what I've seen them talking about is tires and I don't think devs have stopped working on them, so will see more in future updates. About the camber thing, is still unclear, from the certain modders recent posts seems they don't know well if something is incorrect or not.

And can you go faster the more you turn the wheel compared to turning the right amount of degrees? Some video/data example? On which cars you tried that? What should happen to the car if you force to turn the steering wheel a lot, like full lock, the car should flip? Have you tried to turn the steering wheel full lock on a GT3 car vs Audi Quattro, what do you feel? Have you tried to do the same in other sims and which specific results you got?

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There are (rear) aero forces and their affect on the car (and how the modders must alter the functionality so the behavior is correct), the issue with the game not supporting very stiff suspensions, a few more (lurk in the forum about feedback to Kunos and you'll see a bunch of things from a couple of top-notch folks), and lo and behold...... missing documentation.

On the user side, we still have tuning options present in nKp that are missing in AC. Not having brake pressure drives me mad.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Can't believe I've missed that, missing brake temps annoyed me enough

14. QUF

QUF Registered

Which car in AC official/mod needs very stiff suspension and is not working? I remember before when putting very high frequency in setup for lotus exos that it would shake. I just tried and seems normal.

15. bwana

bwana Registered

Why is this topic being discussed here ? Really. Why ? . You will get a lot more responses on the AC forums if there us such a thing. Don't think the majority of rF2 users either have tried it or if they have really give a toss.

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

[​IMG]

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well, i can appreciate that people enjoy AC, and since ive been hating physics in AC since i first tried it, it kept making me think why is there so many people who defend ACs physics and FFB. Despite the fact that i saw some youtube videos where somebody was doing some physics tests and AC came out badly short, i kept thinking why is my experience with this game so much worse than seemingly most of the other people's? So what did i do wrong. Is my T500 set up wrong in the game? Does nobody mind that you have to go back to main menu to change any game settings including controls? Does nobody mind the terrible vibration FFB whenever you lock up or spin the tires that feels like its an impulse only designed to do "Heyy! You are doing it wrong!!" Or do you not have that vibration? Cuz thats the one that makes me feel like its meant for a PS4 controller not a Steering wheel. Why are those cars so non progressive and extremely linear? The strange swinginnes to road cars?
    The only force feedback i really enjoyed is with the first few FWD cars. So what did i do wrong that my experience with AC is so bad that i basically ignore its existence by not considering it sim at all?

18. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

I'm quicker with a controller versus G27/G29 wheel; however it not make the game better as the immersion is diluted somewhat.

I go through fazes whereby I play one sim e.g. AC v1.4 came out I was all over it.......flat 6 came out, RF2 got reinstalled via Steam post seeing the progression via an EB YT video.

Just waiting on Pcars to eventually catch up and would really enjoy playing that again.

Iracing, well not enough time to devote so unfortunately cannot justify a subscription.

RF2 currently is top of the pecking order.....I just wish that it would play better on my laptop that has hardware that did not even exist at it's exception. It's a bit like FSX haha in this regard.

Back on topic, what you have to remember is how many of you have driven a fully fledged race car to truely know how the physics should be represented in a game. I can only speculate in this regard and merely enjoy being a spectator at the BTCC events!!

19. Led566

Led566 Registered

Remember: Google translator is not your friend.

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Registered

I'm sorry, are you trolling? So... you don't like AC, you should stop playing it I presume? You like rFactor 2 more, you should play more rFactor 2?
    Also, how much grip should the Lotus 72 have?

I struggle to see your problem. Are you afraid rFactor 2 will end because AC... what, exists? Because I don't think it will.