Apex Modding GT3, Emery's base setups

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Emery, Jan 1, 2016.

1. yoss

yoss Registered

not really , we look on that thing

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Apex Modding GT3 v0.935 has obsoleted these setups... new setups coming soon.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

BMW & Mercedes have new base setups on first page. Confirmed McLaren is still good. Porsche & Ferrari will work, but I'm still poking around for improvements.

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks for your work on these, they are an excellent baseline for those of us with no setup knowledge :)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Haven't tried the M-B set-up yet, but the Z4 set-up is sublime. Thank you so much. Completely transforms this car into a tremendous pleasure to drive and race.

6. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hey everyone o/ I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to setting up a car. i Know some basics but not a lot. I have been getting really bad tire wear using the MP4-12C, So much that the rears or on 93-94% and the fronts are nearly at 70%. I am wondering is there something i can do in the setup to reduce such tire wear and should i also change my driving style accordingly to compensate?

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is the rain tire in this mod actually usable?

8. cbvta

cbvta Registered

i`m an average racer, dont have a clue about shock settings. has the z06 setup been adjusted for the latest version of this mod?

even if it hasnt been, this setup is better than mine. thanks.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Setup: Increase rear spring/rollbar stiffness so the car oversteers more, move brake bias rearward.
    Driving: Reduce trailbraking, roll through the turn rather than powering through the turn, rotate car mid-turn (I sometimes use the rearward brake bias and drag the brake very, very lightly) so it undershoots the apex and then unwind the steering wheel sooner.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

I never tested it.

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Z06 did not seem to be affected by the version change, so I didn't change my base setup.

12. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hello guys, are the setup on first post updated to 0.935 version?
    Thank you

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Afaik they are

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm a relatively new user to rf2 so I went back to the first page, sorry for re-hashing what may sound simple to experienced simmers.

Often advice is presented in terms that folks know, and assume everyone else knows. For example, somebody will say to correct a problem, all you have to do is open the diff. OK, just HOW do you open the diff? A more common word problem is tight/loose from Nascar, or Understeer/Oversteer from other parts of the world. So it makes me happy to read one simple line from the first post.

2) Increasing slow rebound will add "liveliness", decreasing slow rebound will remove "liveliness.

A clear explanation AND how to actually move the numbers to achieve the desired results.
    I haven't tried any of your setups yet, but my one foray with the 799 was not very fun, so armed with your setups and advice, I'll see if I can wake that car up. Thanks!

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes.

sherpa25 and rikirk like this.
  16. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Thank you Emery and Eddy.
    I'm testing the mod (waiting for the update...) at Matsusaka (Suzuka). I'm very comfortable with the Emery setups using the ferrari. Not easy to drive the Z4, unstable entering the corner (oversteer) and the Camaro (understeer)...
    I'm tuning the setup, if someone is interested to test please join the server iraceonline.com (I'm IN specially during the evening 22-23 CET), liveracers HERE

17. MMartin

MMartin Registered

It was nice to meet you on track Eddy!

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I feel the same about meeting you. But i regret sharing my setup for the z4 [emoji6] it made you way to fast .......joke mode off
    Glad you liked it

19. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Member

Is anyone else finding that the BMW is affected by invisible objects on kerbs, causing catastrophic launches. I'm currently testing it for a new series and thought maybe it was limitted to a certain Donnington track but had the same thing happen at Spa. Anyone else had this? Is it to be expected with a low ride height? Is this likely to ever be tweaked or is it part of the games mechanics? I've never heard of this on any of the other vehicles

20. Bozak

Bozak Registered

Yes it happened to me at Donnington not with Apex but a mod that i'm working on, the problem is the low ride height or the undershadow of the car. Raise the car ride height and problem will be solved.

Simon Marshall likes this.