[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Just letting you all know Version 6.0 has been released on Remote Content and also on Steam (I hope). The links are at our forums if you are a member and I will update the website this morning. Version 6.0 includes season 2016. Hope you enjoy.

2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Nice! Thanks heaps

3. TPG

TPG Registered

I'm starting a series with this Mod this Saturday and I can't get the update using the SteamCMD server option, it would be nice if we had some non-steam links so we can update to v6 models..

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

They are the first links that go up. UNINSTALL the old versions first. Go into your rFactor 2, go into your packages section, look up the top and you have REMOTE CONTENT. Install from there. That refers to the external mediafire links we have. Then if I read your post correctly I see that you are running steam anyway, so I've posted the links in the first post.

5. TPG

TPG Registered

Just so you know, the SteamCMD Server option doesn't have the Steam UI or rF2 Launcher..just the Mod Manager..Thx for the links :cool:

6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

All good, yeah I realised it half way through but I thought I'd leave for anyone that didn't know Remote Content anyway.

7. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

We've identified a couple of small issues, Coulthards car in 2015 is white, seems I forgot to attach it, the Will Davison's name is spelt incorrectly. So we'll jump on those sooner rather than later. Be prepared.

8. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

Just installed them now.
    Done a few laps at Silverstone.
    They look pretty good to me.
    Now have to find all the available Ausie tracks.

9. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I am getting uncontrollable wheel spin while going up through the gears. Even with extreme care on throttle application wheel spin is extreme. Is there a specific setting to help control this wheel spin?

11. gneffio

gneffio Registered

My thoughts are that there is not upshift throttle cut-off as should be so that's why we have this huge wheel spin and consequently a really hot temperatures in the rear tires.

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

12. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Lol

View attachment 20519

Seriously though, rear toe & rear fast bump & rebound can help soften the wheel spin.

13. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

So what type of wheel are you using Whitmore? LAso are you using the default setup, or another setup?

14. whitmore

whitmore Registered

G 27 with default set with softer rear bump and springs.

15. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Similar set up to mine (although I have Clubsport pedals). I find that as the car has a spooled diff they can break out if power is applied too early out of the corner. I struggled with that for a while. Try some of the setups that are posted in the FVR forums to see if they help :)

EDIT .... also have to check. Are you running on a green track or is it rubbered up :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  16. gneffio

gneffio Registered

OK, so withmore was talking about something different then me.
    What I was pointing at is the lack of the electronic cut-off of the throttle application when upshifting that lead to a wheel spin as soon as the fear is engaged and so the rear tires get a hit in temperature rising. :)

17. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I posted this over on Steam but there's been no reply so I thought I'd post here as well.
    This is by far the best V8 mod FVR have done, hats off the all involved.
    I've just got a few things that I feel need to be looked at in the next release...

#1 The Grill tape is the wrong way around, ie: you hit the + but the % amount drops not raises.

#2 The Brake Duct Blanking probably should be in 10% adjustments not 20% it also has the adjustment the wrong way around ie: you hit the + but the % amount drops not raises.

#3 The shocks are "locked" together, use the Rebound for example, take the Fast Rebound down to 1, then take the Slow Rebound down to 1 (Front or Back pair). Now take the Fast Rebound up to say 10, I bet it drags the Slow Rebound up with it to what 7? It does the same with the Bumps. (with a larger spread tho). I'm sure the real cars can change them in any direction they choose without it affecting any other setting the put into the shock.

#4 The Cambers on the rear of the car need to go lower than 1.0, you can go lower on the front cambers 0.0 so why not the back.

A good drive that can be made great.

SS

18. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Response

Hi SS

Thanks for your comments, I did respond over at Steam but only on the weekend, not as active as I used to be. Anyway I have posed these questions to the physics gurus and hopefully they can get some answers to you in the very near future. I know they are working hard at the moment on the Game Stock Car and rF1 versions, long overdue. I'll prompt the boys to have another look as I haven't got a clue to be honest.

Cheers Jeremy

19. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Hi SS, some answers to your questions

#1 It is the way the game works, that the grill tape has to work this way. It has to add aero but also cause overheating. I will have another look to see if it can work the other way.

#2 the brake duct is a similar story. Why do you think that it needs 10% adjustments

#3. The shock thing is an easy fix and we can implement next update.

#4Despite the fact that the rear cambers shouldn't need to go below 1 degree we can also fix this and take it to zero.

Thanks

Feralarri

20. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Hi Feralarri ,
    Thanks for the reply,
    To answer your question on #2 it's all to do with ambient temperature and just getting the brake temps where they seem to work the best. It's mainly for the best Qually times, just like the Grill Tape is setup higher for less laps in Qually, and to get more down-force equals better lap times. I see that the Optimal temp for the front brakes is rated at 480 - 490, I find they can go much higher in longer races and would like some smaller changes just so (to me anyway) that the temp can be managed slightly better. It would be what the teams have to work with in wet and hot/cold conditions.
    As for #4 I've found a a couple of tracks it would be a great benefit to go lower on the rear cambers, ie: Turn 4 @ Barbagallo, it's the only time that the right rear has some work to do and doesn't get the right temp across the Tyre because it needs a lower camber than 1.0 to be more effective, same thing @ Pukekohe the right rear needs a lower camber on 2 turns. I'm sure there's more tracks but those 2 I have raced recently.
    It's not a big gripe but I'm sure that the real cars would have these adjustments in them.
    I very much look forward to the next release of these great cars.
    BTW I think you have nailed the Tyre model, top stuff.

SS