[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

The Nissan has actually been supplied as a full installer (previous Nissan 4.2 needs t be removed first) but we have just been informed that there is a mistake in it. Will be fixed either later this evening or when time permits. Stay tuned :)

The update file that is there seems to be from a test update that we were working on (and has not removed properly) so at the moment the 4.5 updates for the Ford, Holden, Mercedes and Volvo are fine and the Nissan will be corrected ASAP

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

3. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Nissan has been updated version 4.7 you must uninstall all previous versions of Nissan and it should be working now. Remote Content and our website. Sorry about the screw up.

Vwersion 5.X will be the updated models VF and FGX for 2015 season - coming soon.

4. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Good work as always Flash. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

Thanks for your hard work, the cars are great to drive!!!

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

Crying shame more can't use the remote section properly like you.

We still have old versions of GT cars and "other stuff" floating about.

All it does it makes it look messy and unorganized.

Like I suggested ISI should give FVR and other modders, a slot or password or code or something to add a mod.

Not the ability for very man and his dog to upload anything they like.

7. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

I know what you mean its a bit messy. It also needs a test and check section before publishing but otherwise its very simple to use which I like but would be nice if it were neater and maybe checked for piracy and unapproved conversions would be good.

8. nipzon

nipzon Registered

+1

9. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thanks FVR. Love, love, love the update. :cool:
    The improvements to the tyres has turned the mod from 'ok' to 'amazing'.
    Tried the hards at Phillip Island (stock setup) and was getting 2% wear approx, which is great around a track with big sweepers.
    Went to Barbagallo & the softs went at 2% per lap if I was cautious, and 3-4% if I abused them. Perfect. :D
    Was getting excellent 'feel' through the wheel too.

The only thing I can suggest is that the wets are possibly too 'grippy', especially sideways grip. Went around Bathurst in storm & 100% track wetness
    and could easily correct loss of traction & was getting 2:29 on stock setup. Probably only needs a slight tweak (very minor), as the cars are fun to drive as is in the wet,
    but perhaps just that little bit more loss of sideways grip will make it a little more realistic when the tarmac is so wet?

Bravo to the FVR crew. It's a BIG improvement. Lookin forward to the model updates. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Great to hear and I'm sure the boys will be pleased with your comments. Model updates will be soon - my slackness, they are complete just need fine tuning for various bits. Moving house and fixing up my other house, painting and all that so time has been crunched. Plan was January so its almost there but won't be the next two days but will be soon. :)

11. jabbado

jabbado Registered

Has anyone else followed the "Optimal FFB" thread with these cars? I have a Logitech G29 and today realized the FFB was clipping heaps. I had to lower the multiplier to 60% to stop most of it. But I now have much more feedback when on the edge of grip.

12. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

There are a few FFB options in the Upgrades menu for the cars

13. jabbado

jabbado Registered

Yeah I know but is it explained anywhere what they do? Is it just a multiplier or do the different settings have different amounts of smoothing etc?

14. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

At the moment it is just a multiplier (or percentage of full FFB)

15. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I didn't see a thread for it elsewhere, so I'll mention here that this mod for rFactor is quite worth the download too. I've only run a couple tracks at them, but I quite like the mod for the older, simpler rF1. I think the setup has some quite different numbers between them (?), but both are great.

Cheers

16. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

There is an update coming for the rfactor version as well. This will include a tweak to the default settings as well :)

17. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

FVR, you guys rock. Mod rocks. Support rocks. Thank you Thank you for all your work.

18. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

The only thing I've yet noticed that I'd personally change, is the front left tire (on the Nissan at least, maybe others too?) seems to be LOD'd out of view in all but the closer (to the track, and therefore the car) cameras.

So far, I've found zero issues with the soft tyres losing their function in the same way they do (or did, thx for the tyre fix :D) in rF2. Had a couple fun races on a couple tracks I've made and am currently updating (so lots of testing cars here ATM)...so just for cross-game comparison, I'm going to use the rF1 setup values in rF2 to see how the cars go with those numbers.

And, not sure if I've said this yet, but these cars are great :D.

19. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Is that with the Rf1 cars? If so that issue has been addressed in the upcoming patch :) If it is RF2 will check and see about getting it fixed

20. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Yeah, the disappearing tire is in the rF1 version, so glad to hear that's already taken care of ;)