[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hi Darren

Pretty sure you will find Onlyaltexwindow.dds and Onlyaltinwindow.dds - when I get home I will give you a list of all the part names as we have named the dash and all sorts of things inside so you have plenty of options.

2. Darren O'Brien

Darren O'Brien Registered

@dbens1 You were correct, having a int and ext window made it show up.

Next Question, The Windows, What am i doing wrong when there all grey and not see through. Haven't done skins for ages.

3. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Try to make the alpha channel brighter or darker. One of both is the correct way, but I can't remember which.[emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

As Nitrometh said its to do with the alpha channel. These should be set in the templates for the in and ex windows. They are different levels of colour to allow for a slightly clearer view from the cockpit. Black is completely see through - white is non transparent.
    \

5. Darren O'Brien

Darren O'Brien Registered

I'll Keep trying but seem to have no luck. Im following a Tutorial i've found.

EDIT- Think Im getting there, just a matter of playing with the Alpha to get the Name and # non Transparent.

Appreciate the Help Guys. BTW loving the V8's

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If you check the alpha in the templates. Basically just make your text white in the alpha channel and your windows a very dark grey.

These are the special parts.

Extra3="helmet"
    Extra5="rims"
    Extra6="rollcage"
    Extra7="DASH"
    Extra8="exWindow"
    Extra9="inWindow"

We use the word, so your car name OnlyaltDash will be a unique dash skin

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Nice work gents ,although lm getting very little fidelity from the FFB they are fun to race. Tire wear very good l thought. drive them properly and no problem. 1,21/22 at clipsal and l reckon 35 laps .. Make em smoke and they drop off to be worth 14 laps for me. Look forward to further tweaks.

8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thanks Bwana - I'll let one of th guys involved in that side answer but in the upgrades for the car there are some settings for FFB levels. What wheel are you using?

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Hey flash, I use a CSV2 . tried all tuning options(settled on 'standard') and get plenty of strength ,use zero smoothing. Car specific FFB at .85 but just not getting much in the way of high fidelity (if that's what you would call it) only very very minor touches of clipping on one or two corners at Adelaide... Will try some ini. Adjustment.. More tweaking on my side today .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Could you try with a different car mod, same corners same track. Will be interesting if it mod, track, wheels specific. We are running some tweaks this weekend so it would be good to resolve this if it is an issue.

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Will give it a run and get back to you. I did try the v8 at Portugal today to try and see if it was track specific and there was an improvement. Will confirm its Adelaide shortly in another tintop. edit: Just ran the ISI Vette at Adelaide with same wheel settings and then back to FVR. and back again. The track is partly to blame as it seems unusually smooth for a street circuit but there was definitely more detailed feel from the tires,track surface and steering rack using the Vette. This of course is without identical setups.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  12. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

bwana can you give me some idea of what type of setup you were running eg springs shocks etc. PM if you do not want to post on forum

13. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

could it be the Chassis Flex side of it???

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Check pm's feralarri. 'base' set. Bbtw l also upped curb/ripple effect in controller ini. To .05 to help with track lacking any feel and it was much more noticeable in vette. Even though canned effect.

15. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

These cars run a fairly soft suspension so maybe it's not as noticeable as the vette which I would say is fairly stiff

16. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks for the reply , will test on a few known rougher surfaced tracks from isi and 3PA .

17. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Bwana some more things to try. Do you have much dead zone in the wheel? The floaty feel in the very middle of travel. I have a CSW v1 and I have a slight looseness in the middle. You can remove some of this by increasing FFB min torque. I run 4%. Also do you run techades pedal overlay? Using this can max your FFB without clipping which could dull your response on the high force responses such as kerbs.

18. bwana

bwana Registered

Yes I run min torque at 3 I think and no deadzone and use the overlay, wheel is only just clipping momentarily on 2 turns at Adelaide. I spent a few hrs tweaking wheel settings which with the V2 is easy on the fly with 5 pre saved settings to compare each variant. Its no game breaker for me just the very first thing I noticed and all the tweaks have definitely improved it .

19. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

That's good to hear

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Had a error non-steam with updates ( I hate updates I rather d/l it all again )

Tried uninstalling everything, reinstalling a few times ............ seems as if it is a conflicting name ?

[​IMG]