Oculus Rift Consumer unit 1 on schedule ( Announced on Twitter )

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Adrianstealth, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

[​IMG]

2016 Q1 looking even better for sim racing in VR !

2. Depco

Depco Registered

I can't throw my money at Palmer hard enough. I wish they would announce the price so I know what kind of hole my wallet will have in it when I make my pre-order.

OT - Any new s on CV1 support from ISI? *Hoping*

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

If its the final working version yes, ISI will work on the official support. We all know the guys have made the DK2 worked with it also.

4. Depco

Depco Registered

Last I heard they stopped development with the DK1. They stated that they would support all HMD... but they stopped development on DK2 because the SDK was changing too frequently. And we all know how ISI prefers their development to be at a glacial scale *Wink* J/K... kinda.

DK2 support did not come from ISI. It came from the modding community. And it was hacked together at best. I am talking about honest to goodness CV1 support, as in a toggle for the CV1 instead of monitors.

I might have the above wrong as I have not researched my statements and am going off of my memory of previous posts.

5. gkz

gkz Registered

ISI said they will support cv1 but not when. So now it is the time with all facts on the table about cv1 that ISI should make a statement will they support oculus rift on release ? I mean in few weeks preoder will be open so i want to know about buying a 400 euro hardware for reason. And i can tell u why it is important for me. If isi does not support cv 1 on beginning i will wait for htc vive on april.

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Yup...thats wut i mean. The guys (the community not the ISI team) managed to hack it and got it working :)

I have no doubt that ISI can do it and they will. With no dates announced by Occulus, i wont expect any dates given by ISI. Infact, if u know ISI, they wont give u any dates. They will work on it and release it when they think its ready. Ive learned this since the BETA period and we all should be patient and not being too....pushy.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

my best guess is $399 which is a steal IMO ( I like VR a lot )

I find there doesn't seem to be so much interest on these Isi forums about VR but then I guess that makes sense because sim racers that use VR are all over at Iracing / AC or any simmer using VR wouldn't purchase rf2 due to zero support

not quite sure if ISI are still supporting "on or around" release of the CV1 but then again
    I'm so into Iracing now I'm not sure if I really care

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
  8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

+cv1 units going out to developers ( software houses that have requested them that is) this week with version 1.0 SDK , things are heating up
    what I'm expecting from only what I can gather from hands on opinions etc so I might be a bit off :

-CV1 not a big jump in resolution from dk2 -but is improved so I'm guessing a small to medium size jump ( dk1 to dk2 was a big jump )
    -screen door still exists but reduced to the point it has to be looked for to be noticed
    -physical unit slightly more compact and instantly noticeably lighter than dk2
    -noticable response improvement both in display & tracking system ( dk2 75hz , cv1 is 90hz )
    -FOV although specs comparable (to dk2) mixed opinions here so I'm expecting similar or maybe slightly better due to optics
    -optics better "lens sweet spot" much larger ( with width adjustability confirmed )

I'm really hoping Iracing implements the directional sound ....I'm surprised how much sound adds to simulation experiences so this will add a lot I'm sure ( will use the cv1 headphones for less cables etc & ease )

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

terrible quality I know ( using phone to record and it's not lined up nicely )
    -when rotate knobs on my real wheel the knobs on the virtual wheel rotate to match -brill

a very exciting time to be in simulation racing !

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Good for you! Enjoy! :)

U can post that in iRacing forum so it will reach the correct ppl :)

Btw DK2 has been working with rf2.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14441-Rf2Rift-rFactor2-Oculus-Rift-Plugin-and-Tools/page11

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Indeed. Ive tried DK2 with that and its a nice touch :)

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiya Naz

it's posted in the VR section of Iracing too

I tried those plug-ins and tried to get everything to work for about 8hrs, I decided to never frustrate myself and waste precious time like this again and not really used rf2 since

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Others tried successfully :)
    Of course its community work by the guys. Need different approach.

Im sure ISI will work on the support. :) Ive never doubted them.

Hope to see u back in rF2 when CV1 is supported! :)

14. gkz

gkz Registered

First this is not true the cv1 is allready finished and in Manufacturing as sdk. 1.0 and early cv1 kits send to dev. in next weeks. 2. I never said that oculus have a realse date or isi should tell a release date. question was will rf 2 oculus ready when cv1 will be out. Doesn t matter when it will be out just is isi and rf 2 read when it comes out ??

15. Comante

Comante Registered

They will start accepting preorders in Q1 2016, I suppose just as soon as they are sure of what they will produce. I think there will be a considerable delay between preorders and deliveries, and to hit the stores. I don't think ISI will have a Oculus ready version the day Oculus hit the shelves, can we survive a month or two in the meanwhile?

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

17. gkz

gkz Registered

Preoder starts after holiday early in new year and cv 1 release still target on q1 2016 thats what lucky palmer posted by himself. But i don t care about when it will be released question is is isi ready yes or no it is simple as this.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When we support VR via first-party I can only assume you won't care - because that's what you've said. There is literally no point in you continuing to come here, based on your own postings. I'm going to help you find the right forum by removing access here.

For those that do care, we'll be taking another look once the hardware is in the hands of the public. That's the same answer we've given for a long time. Time does not change anything except your perception.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Guys, ISI will support it when the comsumer version comes out. They've said it multiple times. The consumer version hasn't even been launched yet and people are already (and have been for a year or two) complaining. Come on guys.

20. gkz

gkz Registered

" taking another look once the hardware is in hands of public" means it won t ready for cv 1 lunch. Now that was all i want to know because this was not clear by ISI they only said they will support it. But that can be 1-5 month later too. Better wait for vive now.