rF2 fps performance killer No.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tosch, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Maybe, could be my Crossfire setup?! dunno! Either way I tried both Toschs setups (First post and video post) with the Camaro at Atlanta with a default player.JSON and I cannot see any difference in FPS whatsoever.

So for me at least this bug is non-existent!

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

It is same for me with SLI. I cannot see any difference in FPS whatsoever. Maybe multi GPU don`t have this bug?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah I'm leaning towards that, don't have the time now to test the theory out though so maybe someone else can.

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a mod based on the Nissan 370z. It shouldn't interfere with the ISI Nissan (everything is renamed). You will find the mod in the Nissan section (Nissan 370z Chrome). This is my experimental material test car. The carbody material is set up for chrome effect (car #99).
    There is a tuning option to disable LOD's and an option for a balloon/sphere above the cars (enabled by default). The sphere is only added to the max lod mesh of the carbody. At max detail the lod out distance is 15 meter (at high detail 10 meter). Whenever you see the sphere above a car the max lod is rendered.
    Maybe the mod is also interesting for trackbuilders to check the reflection settings and missing instances in REFMAP0.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ffx77cpabrxnq0f/Nissan_370z_chrome_091.rfcmp

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I think it's in ISI's best interest, so I wouldn't worry.

No, the LOD mechanism is unrelated to GPU.
    The only thing I see that could mask the problem is previously mentioned vertical sync - if you have enough GPU/CPU firepower then you still get good FPS even when this problem occurs.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Like I said I turned v sync off, if I get time I'll try it with just one card turned on and report back :)

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I have this bug with single card but not with Nvidia SLI.
    Keep in mind that rFactor 2 is poorly optimised to multi GPU`s and there is no support to multi GPU from AMD/Nvidia. Bug may be there but multi GPU users simply dont notice it.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That is interesting and hopefully this will help ISI nail down the problem, thanks for testing, as above I'll confirm (AMD) when I get the chance.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Try to run the Nissan mod which I posted above with lots of AI cars, switch between cameras, restart sessions and post how many sphere's you see.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

will do

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

100% confirmation it acts exactly as Tosch predicted on my AMD rig at Portugal 2.0.

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I gave it a try, same here.

I did also see when AI cars leave their garages their cars would then have the correct LOD's again. Ones still in the garages would still remain with incorrect full LOD's.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This latter issue is huge considering the bogging-down we get around the pits.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Btw, the LOD multiplier for cars in the garage is reduced (default multi is 0.5) in the player.json.

After switching to TV cams there is still LOD switching active but the multiplier is around 10 instead of 1 for cockpit view.

15. Hazi

Hazi Registered

What I got too: I disable steering wheel and driver arms and after start when switching to TV cams (pg dwn) and then get back into cockpit view I have both st.wheel and driver arms visible in my car - checked in open wheelers ISI`s EVE and a mod and in both cars that happens.