rFactor 2 Build 1036 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Just a quick question.

AO and crowd and windmotion are disabled in the player.json.

What happened to these features?

2. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

When is something going to be done about the player count problem, if ever? Regularly 80% of players seem to be on steam, so non steam players see empty servers when in fact there are several busy servers. So I guess those players just log off at that point not knowing any better.

And the online matchmakers do not work either of course, so of the 2 ways to see who is online, neither of them work. It is hardly ideal.

3. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

+1
    Seems to me that fix would be a priority

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Damn those ISI devs for spending time with their families at Christmas instead of bug fixing...

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, I know right? We all know devs are just code churning robots that don't have any human like traits.

*gasp* and to think that some of them might have leave, like anyone in a normal job...just beggars belief really...

6. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

How do you get this figures?, I've just checked 15 minutes ago and there were 131 on Steam and 113 on servers.

It doesn't sound to me as an 80%-20%.

7. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I got them figures by seeing steam players here http://steamcharts.com/app/365960 (I think that counts all players logged in, not necessarily in a server) and from counting the players in matchmaker in my non steam game lobby.

The ratio changes all the time, but regularly it has been 80-20 as I say, however this may well have been distorted somewhat over xmas period when a lot of players have come and they would have nearly all been steam. Yersterday it was more like 60-40. Time of day also likely a big factor.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  8. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

STFU, dickhead.

9. gpfan

gpfan Registered

10. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yes, it's a mystery, well not a complete mystery but it don't really matter about the other sims too much, we should concentrate on RF2 if that's what we are interested in.

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Pal, he was joking. It was not necessary nor mature.

12. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

My question was rhetoric. Of course I know how to see the real number of players.

The point is I've never seen a 80-20 rate, and believe me, I've tried at different times, different weekdays, before and after christmas, and so for the last four weeks. And except for the peak days after launch date, the rate has been always closer to 60-40.

Anyway this is a little bit off-topic.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just for the record...complete rf2 hanging today, while driving Sao Paulo & Megane & Rain (95%/70%), 20 AI, session practice. I must hard reboot the pc. Was the first time i got a problem like this with build 1036, but it was the first wet practice/race with build 1036, too...

14. endonesia

endonesia Registered

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Very hard to believe, that they didn`t test this issue, was well known (& often reported).

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Haven't we always have issues with vMod randomly not downloading? I just try joining the server again. I can't say I have had issues preventing me from joining so before using the flamethrower of blame on people, think if it's something longer withstanding or if it's possibly local.

18. endonesia

endonesia Registered

It's 100% on their end, works perfectly without password.

I have access to two physical servers (located in different states, even) that I can recreate this on.

Sometimes GetMod works after umpteen tries, but that is not acceptable. Feels like hand crankstarting a car to get it to run.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sometimes I have issues obtaining the vMod in the first try. However if I can't get it the 1st time, when I click to join again it worked all but maybe 3 times in the past year (needed to insist 2 or 3 times).

Of course that means there is an issue somewhere but a lot of different users have different install settings, etc. Sometimes things can't be reproduced. About GetMod there is a problem when DropBox doesn't load the page, sometimes it loads a page where you need an input - obviously impossible to overcome through the game.

20. endonesia

endonesia Registered

I am talking specifically about when there is a password on the server.