3d Helmet Model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samcar304, Dec 9, 2015.

1. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to import the 3d model of the Generic helmet into the game like a car. You wouldn't be able to drive it but i think it would be easier to skin helmets if you can go into the tuning menu and 360 view the model whilst painting it using the reload button.
    Im not sure if its possible hence why i am asking. and i am not sure how hard it would be but it would help with painting helmets. Even if there was a suit template so we could paint a full driver in such a way.

Thanks for reading, Have a great day.

-Sam

2. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

+1

That would be a really great mod. Shouldn't it be possible to get any kind of object as a car into the game? i mean we don't need any physics just a standing driver with helmet that you can spin around in the showroom.

3. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

60's driver with the open face helmet and the 2014 helmet and suit textures. would make skinning these items so much easier. I don't have any modding experience so i wouldn't really know where to start it was just an idea from me, Sorry.

4. Michael Peters

Michael Peters Registered

What about gJED for this? That tool comes with all builds now, and can open the GMT files for the helmets. They provide the 3DSMAX scene for the 2013 and 2014 helmet models, with templates, so it would be easy to convert that in to gJED and use it as a "Vehicle Viewer" type application.

5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thought of the same thing just yesterday! Would be really really easy to do this, including
    • two different scaled versions (1:1 and 10:1)
    • separated helmet and body
    • body and helmet together (maybe animated - wohooo!)

Anyhow I'm afraid I currently don't have the time to do this myself :( Maybe anyone else will do this :D

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If ISI could give out the current helmet model, then you can 3D paint in photoshop......yes you heard me right... photoshop :)

7. Michael Peters

Michael Peters Registered

Uh, they already do.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Ah, I didn't think it was current. Get painting!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk